The Second Path

The Path to His Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two: The Path to Disturbance

 

"He who believes what he sees will always be fooled."

"That's it. Solbi, I'm taking you to a doctor." Luhan said with his arms crossed. 

"No, I'm totally fine, Luhan." I said after I spat out the mouthwash I gargled.

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Your pregnancy symptoms are too severe for this early in your pregnancy. Screw that, we're going right now."

My eyes widened in alarm as Luhan grabbed me by my arm and started to drag me out of our chambers.

"Luhan-- wait!" I tried to stop him, but lord knows how stubborn the both of us could be.

Luhan walked into our closet and got two scarves and sunglasses. He wrapped the scarf around my face so that people wouldn't recognize us, and put on a pair of sunglasses for me.

"You know it's just because I'm worried about your health, right, sweetheart?" He asked with a softer voice.

I sighed. "Yeah, I know, or else I would have squirted you with water by now." I joked.

Luhan rolled his eyes as he adjusted his hat and sunglasses. "Let's go." 

For the sake of being more quote on quote, conspicuous, Luhan decided to take the black Mercedes Benz s350. He opened the passenger door for me and waited for me to get in before he went to the other side to let himself in to the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I told Minki to notify Dr. Zhang we are coming right away. He's Lay's father, and one of the best doctors in the land." Luhan answered.

"How far is it?"

"Well, with how fast I'm about to drive--"

"Luhan, I'm not in critical danger, please try to drive at least under 100 mph." I interjected.

Luhan sulked. He had a passion for driving fast. "Fine. It'll take around thirty minutes. Sleep if you need to, sweetheart." He said as he leaned in to peck my lips as he started the car.

I did end up dozing off to sleep, but Luhan probably drove like a madman (like he always does) when I fell asleep, because after a fifteen minute nap, Luhan was waking me up already.

"Sweetheart, we're here." He said gently as he helped me out of the car.

We arrived at another spectacular mansion. I guessed this was Lay's house. It was nice.

Lay came out to greet us with a smile. "Luhan! It's been a while since we saw each other!"

Luhan smiled back at him cordially as he gave Lay a bro hug. Lay gave me a light hug as well. "Solbi. A little pale, but looking gorgeous as always." He said with a grin. 

Luhan was so distraught that he didn't even say anything to Lay for giving me a hug. "Your father knows we are here, right?" 

"Yeah, I'm here to you guys to his office." Lay said casually. "Follow me." 

Lay led us down the main hallway and opened the third door on the right. A man with a beard was sitting at his desk, looking out the window. 

He immediately turned around and smiled warmly. 

Solbi smiled back. The man had the same eye shape as Lay, but his made him look wise beyond his years while Lay's eyes had more of an innocent simple charm to it. The man's eyes seemed omniscent and mysterious, but he had a little sharper nose and a narrower face shape than that of Lay's. Standing side by side, it was obvious the two men were related. 

"Jeonha, wangbi (queen) mama, I welcome you both to my humble home." He bowed. 

Luhan smiled, "Uncle, there's no need for such formalities. This is my wife, Solbi." 

Dr. Zhang laughed heartily, but the all-knowing look in his eyes remained, and it made Solbi unknowingly shudder. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Solbi." 

Solbi nodded and smiled back. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well." 

Dr. Zhang put his hands together. "So what are you two actually here for?" 

Luhan brought Solbi closer to him by her waist. "Solbi's pregnant, and I was wondering if you can give her a check up?" 

Dr. Zhang frowned. "And here I thought you came to visit with your wife because you missed me." He joked. 

Luhan laughed. "I missed you too, Dr. Zhang, but she's been having more morning sickness than most women should this early in the pregnancy and she's just having pretty severe symptoms for this early." He finished in one breath as he gave her a worried look. 

Dr. Zhang nodded. "Okay, sure. Please follow me." 

Dr. Zhang pushed a button at his desk, and a secret entrance opened up. "This is my work place away from home." He said as he gestured to a hospital like room that had all the equipment necessary. 

He made me sit down and he did all the normal stuff. He checked my heartbeat and my pressure.

"Okay, that's normal." He mumbled to himself as he got out some other fancy machine. 

"Solbi, can you please wrap this around your stomach? It's gonna block the UV rays." He explained. 

"Okay." I said as I did what he asked. 

Dr. Zhang turned the "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter