The Fourth Path

The Path to His Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four: The Path to Regret

"I hate that I love him so much. So much more than he loves me. And I hate the fact that it's a fact I can no longer avoid."

It was hard to breathe. It was hard to concentrate. I think I was having trouble breathing. I don't remember much and I still don't. It all felt numb. 

Luhan didn't send me off. 

I remembered that part very well. I had waited with Kai and Minki for almost half an hour. 

Every once in awhile, I could hear doctors talking to Minki in the background. Was I back in my kingdom? I thought we were waiting for Luhan...

I felt a slight pressure on my hands as I started to fully regain conciousness. 

"Luhan?" I asked hopefully. 

When my vision finally focused, I realized it was Yunho. I felt a wave of dizziness rush through my head. 

"Hey, I know I'm not your husband, but you don't have to look so unhappy to see me." Yunho joked. 

"Hey, sorry about that, Oppa. I seriously haven't seen you in ages, haven't I?" I said as I tried to sit up. Every muscle in my body protested against movement. 

Yunho immediately helped me sit up properly as I leaned against my pillows. 

"Yeah, you haven't." Yunho softened. "So I hear you're pregnant?" 

"Yeah." I said softly. 

"Where is Luhan anyways?" Yunho asked. 

My eyes started to water a bit, but I blinked away the tear before it could fall. "Busy." I responded vaguely. 

"Tell me he's taking care of you." Yunho said with a firm gaze. 

I paused. He had been, but I was somewhat hesistant to tell him yes. "I guess." I responded. 

"Why are you here alone, Solbi? It's obviously Luhan's child. He should have been with you." Yunho sighed in exasperation. He did not give up his first love to have her suffer. 

"Oppa, I'd rather not talk about it. He was busy with trials." The tone of my voice cut off the conversation, but his questioning had made my headache worse.

Yunho ran his hands through his hair. "Alright, let's get down to business then." 

My vision started to blur, and my senses slowly began to shut themselves down on me. Yunho eyed me nervously when he saw my head bent over. 

"Solbi, are you alright?" He asked in panic. 

He put his hand on her forehead. She was burning up. 

"." He said to himself as he yelled toward the servants outside the door. "Get Doctor Sung, now!" 

I saw a girl. She was breathtakingly beautiful. She looked like me in some ways. She had my wavy brown hair. She had my eyes, except they were as warm as Luhan's chocolate brown eyes. She had her daddy's nose and my lips. And she was little. About perhaps five years old. 

She smiled at me, and in that moment, I knew I had to keep on living. 

One smile was all it took for me to love her. One moment was all it took for me to consider this apparition of a child my own. 

She looked me in the eyes, and I couldn't help but feel this tingle, this motherly instinct, take over me. So I took one step closer. 

The moment I took one step closer, she was instantly dragged by a force I could not see, and all I could do was watch as someone dragged me away from her by the hair. 

At that moment, I didn't care about my own safety. I didn't care about my own well-being. I just wanted to save her. I was sure she was my daughter. 

My baby was crying. I didn't even know her name, and I didn't even know her yet, but I had to make sure she lived. There was a woman in the darkness. I couldn't see her face at all, but she came up to my daughter and slapped her. The woman took out a knife, and the moment it gleamed in the moonlight, was the moment it took to slice itself upon my daughter's throat. 

There was blood everywhere. And the woman was gone, with my little girl on the ground. 

That was when I woke up with a jolt. 

I woke up with a layer of sweat on my skin, my senses on edge from the nightmare. I was hyperventilating. 

My old maids, Yunho, Minki and a few other servants were all in my room and immediately arose to take care of me. 

"Princess! Are you alright?" 

I hid my face by bringing up my palm to cover the upper half.

Yunho realized I was crying and sent all of the staff but Minki out. 

"Minki." I called. 

"Yes, Princess Solbi?" He replied. 

"It doesn't matter if I don't live. Just mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter