The First Path

The Path to His Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One: The Path to Disclosure

 

Please remember this is the sequel to the Key to Her Heart! Read it if you haven't! <3 

 

"The path one takes defines who one becomes. The path becomes a part of them." 

 "Hey, sister-in-law. So I heard I'm finally going to become an uncle?" Kai nonchalantly with a smirk asked as he materialized out of nowhere. 

My eyes bugged out as I immediately slammed down the papers I was looking at. "Shush, Kai! Luhan and I are trying to keep it as a secret." 

Kai rolled his eyes. "But why? It's great news, and it would definitely soldify your position!" 

I scoffed. "Yeah, thank you so much, genius." I said as I crossed my arms. I quickly glanced around before signalling Kai to lend me his ear. 

Kai nodded and he leaned down a little so I could whisper into his ear. 

"Remember how the Prime minister got assassinated last week?" I whispered. 

"Yeah. Did they ever find out who did it?" Kai asked curiously. 

"We're still not sure, but having children would greatly boost my status, but think, Kai. Who would that upset?" 

Kai his chin as he stopped at a train of thought. "No... You don't think the court ladies had the minister assassinated, do you?" 

I shrugged. "They're vicious, desperate women who have nothing better to do with their lives but plan how to get to my spot." 

"Which we all know is impossible, by the way, because the whole entire kingdom knows how much Luhan hyung loves you." Kai said as he batted his eyelashes playfully. 

"Do you still not get it Kai?" I asked, a little frustrated he wasn't really getting to the point. 

Kai sighed. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Vampire pregnancies can have miscarriages really easily, especially in the first trimester, so it makes sense Luhan hyung would want to protect you. Especially since there are nasty court ladies and an assassin on the lose." 

I raised a brow, a little entertained as I put one of my hands on my hips. "Kim Jongin, I'd almost say you know more about pregnancies than I do." 

Kai scoffed. "Don't worry, you're not an aunt. I haven't knocked up any girls recently, if that's what you're talking about." 

I smiled. "Punk." 

"Brat." Kai responded. "I'm centuries older than you!" he exclaimed. 

"Those centuries haven't done you any justice. You still act like a whiny 17 year old." I responded. 

"But Luhan hyung looks younger than I do!" Kai complained. 

I rolled my eyes. "I know. He's forever twelve." 

Kai and I shared a look and we did our little "manly" (read: cute) fist bump together. 

"Sweetheart, I thought I told you not to work." Luhan said as he came in and wrapped his arms around my shoulders as he leaned his head against the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent. 

I could smell him too. He always smelled like peppermint and chocolate. He reminded me of winter and I wanted to snuggle into him again and again repeatedly. 

"I'm not over-exerting myself, Luhan. I'm fine." I reassured him. "Besides, people will find it suspicious if I slack off on my duties."

Luhan rolled his eyes. "At least take a break... for me?" He asked with such loving and tender eyes I couldn't have said no even if I wanted to. The most unfair thing about love was that I loved Luhan so much that one kiss, one touch, one hug could send me soaring and would keep me bound to his arms. 

Luhan knew he had gotten me so he led me by the hand to the couch. I sat next to him, plopping down on the soft velvet cushions of the antique couch placed in our parlor as Luhan took one of my hands and began to play with my fingertips. 

I smiled. Luhan had a habit of messing around with my hair or fingers when he was incredibly elated. 

Finally he grasped my hand in his and leaned his head on the top of my head as I leaned against his shoulders. 

"Do you want a girl or a boy?" 

His soft voice did not surprise me. It came and left as the gentle midsummer night breeze would have and it rather calmed me. I had been stressing the whole entire day about politics and how I would raise a child and Luhan's touch and soft caress just immediately alleviated me of any worry that was weighing me down. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter