Chapter 5

Hate? or Love?...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Can I please have my phone back?" Baekhyun asked as they walked towards the mall.

"Nope, you're not getting your phone back until this date is over."

Baekhyun pouted and rolled his eyes.

Suddenly, Chanyeol's phone rang: Ring ding dong ring ding dong ring diggi diggi ding ding dong...

"Wait here," he told Baekhyun as he walked away and answered the phone.

"Yeobosayo?"

"Chanyeol this is Yura," she sounded very urgent, "come to the Grand Hall of Seoul (lol idk what place to write so I made it up) quickly! Father is back and he arranged a lunch date for you to meet the Sunshine Entertainment's (made up) boss's daughter."

"Ugh again?!" He groaned.

"Yes, you know you need to get married soon, you're almost 18. Our company needs you in order to grow even bigger. So you need to marry her, Sunshine Entertainment is a very successful company--"

"I know I know!" Chanyeol cut her off, "its just another political marriage, like yours. Theres no feelings for each other at all. Just like yours."

Yura went silent, it was sadly the truth. But she knew it was important.

"Alright, I'll be there," Chanyeol sighed, feeling bad about hurting his sister's feelings. He hung up and went back to Baekhyun.

An idea was slowly forming in his head, a very naive idea.

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol called.

"Hm?"

"We're not watching the movie anymore, let's go somewhere else," he said as he grabbed Baekhyun's hand and started to drag him out of the mall.

"What? Why?" asked Baekhyun, confused.

But the taller didn't say anything and just opened the car door for Baekhyun. This time, he didn't buckle his seatbelt for him, he just got in the driver's seat and started the car.

After about 20 minutes, they arrived at a very fancy building with white walls and a tall arched ceiling painted with angels and very western looking goddesses. A huge crystal chandelier hung in midair, giving everything a golden glow. The floor is covered with a massive expensive-looking rug and a few mahogany furnitures were spread across the vast hall.

Baekhyun was so fascinated that his eyes almost popped out of his sockets. It made Chanyeol chuckle at his cuteness.

"Why are we here?" Baekhyun asked as they entered the elevator in the corner.

"Later when we meet my family, you have to agree to everything I say, don't disagree with me, even if it means going against my family," Chanyeol explained with a serious face, the usual derpness was replaced by a mature man.

"Wait, what?! I'm meeting your family?"

Chanyeol didn't say anything.

A ding signaled their arrival on the 12th floor, they walked down a long carpeted hall with paintings on both walls. Then they stopped at a doubble door at the end of the hall.

Before they walked in, Chanyeol took a deep breath and held his hand out to Baekhyun. The shorter looked at his hand questioningly, and the taller just nodded, telling him to take his hand. After a slight hesitation, he did.

Slowly, Chanyeol pulled the door open, and together, they walked in.

 

The first thing they see was a long mahogany dining table, on it were plates of delicious food, decorated by highly-experienced chefs. Around it sat 4 people.

Chanyeol's father was in a fancy white suit and sat at the end of the table, while a lady in a pretty red dress sat on the other end. Yura was seated beside her father and another young girl sat next to the lady, both were dressed elegantly.

Upon entering the room, everyone's attention were on Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun could not say anything, for he was paralyzed at the situation. He stood there not knowing what to do under everyone's gaze.

Chnayeol was still holding his hand, and pretty soon, everyone's attention turned towards their intertwined fingers.

Chanyeol cleared his throat and said, "Father, I'm here."

"And who is this... boy?" His father answered in a deep voice and he paused when calling Baekhyun, as if he was the most disgusting thing he's ever seen. After all, both boys were in T-shirts and jeans, and the looked like rags compared to what the 4 adults were wearing.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, as if mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter