Right Thing To Do

Lips and Fingertips

39. Right Thing To Do

 

 

 

I miss you.

           

            That's all Ilhoon saw from the note before he stupidly messed up the let the water run over the important blue inked letters.

 

            Ilhoon doesn’t know what to think anymore. He twirled the flimsy piece of paper in his hand, studying the blurred letters of blue ink. He’s been starring at it ever since he left the apartment, almost to the point where his stare would have pierced a hole in it if it were possible.

 

            Ilhoon’s eyes narrowed at the memory.

 

            The number that he called…

 

            He couldn’t believe it.

 

            Of all people…

 

            VIXX.

 

            He should have known, really, the signs were all there. They were the first idol group that sparked your interest in the long time period that you knew him and you did pay attention to them more than other groups…

 

            He should have known. 

 

            “Noona,” His voice was stern as he entered the apartment, bag slung on his back. Ilhoon saw you lying on the sofa with Sungjae next to you, flipping through some fashion magazines. The two of you messed around; deciding which of the different types of lipsticks would match Sungjae’s skin tone most.

 

            “Ah, Ilhoonie,” You greeted him, unaware of the storm rising in his chest. You turned back to Sungjae, pointing at the lush pink M.A.C lipstick. “This one would make your lips look super pouty…”

 

            SungJae’s eyes lit up immediately. “More than Ken-Hyung from VIXX?”

 

            Normally, Ilhoon wouldn’t think much about these meaningless conversations, but with the newfound information… His fists clenched together as he saw the flicker in your eyes at the mention of VIXX. You shifted uneasily on the sofa and horrible attempt to cover up your uneasiness were all noticed by Ilhoon.

 

            He cleared his throat, “Sungjae-ah, I forgot to buy tissues – could you run to the market to get them?”

 

            “Hyung, we have plenty – Minhyuk Hyung bought two rolls last time –“

 

            “Go.”

 

            Sungjae left.

 

            It was a strange silence. You wonder what wrong with Ilhoon today. He seemed crankier than usual – and meaner than usual. He kind of reminded you of his alternative female personality Ilsoon that you did your make up for…

 

            “Yah, Ilhoon, what’s going on? Why are you so mean to Sungjae?”

 

            Ilhoon rolled his eyes. “You’re asking me what’s going on? Noona, I can’t believe it, you’re asking me what’s going on?”

 

            He dug into his bag and pulled out the lemon scented male t-shirt. “What is this?” When you couldn’t answer, he answered for you. “This is a guy’s shirt – you let him stay over in your apartment?” He puffed out another angry hiss. “VIXX, really? Of all people, VIXX?”

 

          You face heated up. “What’s wrong with that? I am a grown woman, I live alone – what’s wrong with having a male’s shirt in the house…?” First Hong Bin demanding explanations of male clothing in the house, and now Ilhoon too? What’s wrong the guys around you?

 

            “How could you be so stupid, Noona? Inviting someone over to the apartment?” Ilhoon dropped the shirt on the floor. “What if someone saw? Do you know how much problem that would be for you? For him?”

 

            “… I know what I’m doing!”

 

            “Well it sure doesn’t look like it, look where you are now, freeloading in Sungaje’s apartment!”

 

            You felt your anger rise. “Well if only you would have left me alone! I wouldn’t be here! I wonder who told me it’s okay to lean on their shoulder?” This guy is impossible. First he’s all sweet like he’s your cute dongsaeng, wanting the best for you… And now he’s acting like a jerk!

 

            Maybe it’s your hormones, or maybe it’s just because you are stressed, you felt your vision blur. Before you know it, tears cloud your eyes, quickly turning into a sob. “I…”

 

            Ilhoon let out a sigh. “You don’t know what you’re doing.” He answered for you again, and this time you didn’t have the energy to fight back.

 

            Yea, you don’t.

 

            It’s just all too confusing – all moving too quickly. You wanted to fix this; you really do – but how? You know all you’re doing here is trying to buy time so you know what you can do with the little something…

 

            Ilhoon moves closer to you and puts a comforting hand on your shoulder. He hates seeing you like this… All confused and frightened. It’s a scary thing, pregnancy – that is. It’s just that suddenly you are responsible for more than yourself and whatever you do will mean so much more than it used to… He pushed a piece of your hair behind your ear.

 

            At first he wanted to come back here and figure out what the heck you plan on doing, stuffing the note into your face or something… But now… He knows if he pushes much further, it would just get you more frightened than you were… He places the note in his back pocket discretely.

 

            “Noona,” He takes a deep breath.

 

            “… Yea?”

 

            This is the right thing to do. Ilhoon rubs his hand together. “Maybe, I’m just saying maybe…”

 

            “… Yes?”

 

            He sighed. This is the right thing to do…

 

            “Do you like Japan?”

 

 

_____

 

You honestly didn't think I would only update 2 chaps after this whole break thing right?

Don't worry - we're going to be back on track like right now!

Another 2 chapter updates coming RIGHT UP!

Stay tuned ~