Prank Call?

Lips and Fingertips

38. Prank Call?

 

 

            N’s voice pulls the worried young handsome man out his staring competition with the phone. “Yah, Lee Hong Bin, stop staring with the phone!”

 

            Hong Bin has been staring at the phone for the past few days, asking to check it after every schedule, afraid to have missed a call, a text… Anything. It was almost to the point where it became obsessive, and his face would scrunch up into a look of worry whenever he didn't have it.

 

            N really hoped he’d pull it together – Hong Bin was the painting, after all. And they definitely cannot have their painting in a state of worry.

 

            The members of VIXX have started wondering what had happened to the second youngest member of the group. It was like he went through a transformation – from the originally distant, to the then always happy, and now the constant worrying brat.

 

            Although Hyuk and Hong Bin were close, even when Hyuk prodded Hong Bin with “Hyung, are you okay?” and “Do you want to tell me what’s wrong?” questions, all Hong Bin did was shake his head and reply with a simple “I’m fine.”

 

            Perhaps the only one of all the members who actually had a faint idea of what’s going on was Ravi. Well, that's not only because they were of the same age – the 93 liners – but also because Ravi did see those highly suggestive pink fingernail scratch marks left of Hong Bin’s neck.

 

             “Hong Bin ah,” Ravi began, but not sure what to continue. Last time he tried to confront his suspicions to him, it was like there was some superior power that stopped him.

 

            “Yes, Wonsik?” Hong Bin replied, but his eyes obviously still on the phone

 

            Ravi scratched his head. What was he to say? “Uh, do you want me to hold the phone? You’re up for the Idol Sport Champion next,”

 

            “Oh really? Uh, I’d better go, uh, here, the phone.” Hong Bin reluctantly hands over the phone. “Just, if anyone calls, and asks for me, tell me immediately? I’m waiting for a really important call,”

 

            Ravi nods and gives him his promise. He pushes Hong Bin forward, “I got it, I got it – I’ll call for you if it rings for you,”

 

            “Alright, I’m going.”

 

            Ravi watched at he ran off into the court, pulling back on a charming smile. That's right, no matter how painful or miserable he may feel inside – he cannot let it show. His job is to be the model, the ideal, the idol of all his fans, and so personal struggles must always be concealed with thick make up and a bright-toothed smile.

 

            Though, even when the smile is not sincere, the female idols who were thankful they were on the same team as Hong Bin, still reddened their faces when they saw him running towards them, the bright smile almost blinding them for more than a short moment.

 

            Hong Bin gave a little wave to the fans that were on the seats, chanting his name to give him support. Their complete dedication seeped through their united chants, going “LEE HONG BIN! LEE HONG BIN!” repeatedly and Ravi wondered what would happen if they knew about what Hong Bin was hiding.

 

            Would they be enraged that their, oh, one and only true love, had a secret relationship, hidden from them? Would they demand the name of that person? Like Ravi is burning to know but not brave enough to ask?

 

            Ravi wished he knew whom Hong Bin was waiting for a call from.

 

            Is it the girl?

 

            The girl who left the fingernail marks on the back of Hong Bin’s neck?

 

            Suddenly the phone in his hand buzzed.

 

            Ravi dropped it in shock. Is this the call Hong Bin was waiting for? Could the timing be anymore worse – when Hong Bin isn’t around, the call comes… Ravi gave himself a face palm, and then proceeded to pick it back up.

 

            Well, who could it be – “Hello?” He tried to lower his voice, as if his voice wasn’t already low enough.

 

            “…”

 

            On the other side of the line it was silent.

 

            “Hello?” Perhaps this isn’t the call Hong Bin was waiting for? He did say that the call would specify if it was directed to him? “Hello? Can I help you?” Ravi tried again.

 

            Finally, the other end came a reply, but it only made Ravi more confused. “… So, who is this?”

 

            “Erm, Kim WonSik?” Usually Ravi wouldn’t give his name just like that, but to be fair, he was so confused at what was going on that his mind wasn’t working properly anymore. “Can I help you with anything?”

 

            The other line was silent again.

 

            “… No,”

 

 

            … Even when Hong Bin returned from his run and shooting, Ravi still couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on with that phone call. It sounded harmless, like a fifth grade prank call.

 

            But something was strangely familiar about it. Was it the voice? Was it the questions? Ravi sighed and decided to leave it alone. If it were the call for Hong Bin, it would come again, right?

 

            It’s probably just a prank call.

 

___

 

Some people seem to be really against IdolXyou fics

I mean I dont like giving the characters names (usually just use YOU or She).

I think it's cooler to be able to insert yourself into the story - no? 

that's just me. 

 

ah. btw.

I wrote a Ravi x you .  just saying....

Interested? anyone?