White Wall of Nothing

Lips and Fingertips

 

40. White Wall of Nothing

 

 

 

            You were gone?

 

            Hong Bin waited, and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited… But there was no sign of anything of you calling. He twisted his fingers around like a nervous child and waited by the phone for the past two weeks – yet there was nothing.

 

            Something is definitely wrong.

 

            “Hyuk-ah!” He tried again. Hyuk rolled his eyes as he turned around from his computer. He knows it too well; Hyung is going to ask that same question…

 

            “Did the phone –“

 

            “No, hyung. Stop asking! I am in the middle of writing an essay okay? Go bother Ravi hyung!” Hyuk huffed before HongBin finished his question. Normally Hyuk wouldn’t be like this, Hong Bin is his favourite Hyung after all – but HongBin has been pegging him for the past week and it’s really getting on his nerves.

 

            Hong Bin pouted a little and rolled on his bed.

 

            The clock on the wall showed twelve.

 

            Maybe

 

            He sat up from the bed and pulled on his socks. “I’m going out for a bit, Hyuk-ah. Don’t tell N-hyung,”

 

            Before Hyuk could even ask ‘where?’ or ‘what?’, Hong Bin was out the door, pulling his jacket on in the breezy night. The road was silent, with only the electric lights sparkling like late night stars in the sky, except that today it’s too polluted to see any real stars…

 

            Hong Bin took the left turn after he got off the taxi. He moved quickly into the building, hurrying up the stairs, trying to be as discrete as possible but…

 

            “Ouch!”

 

            “Oh I’m so sorry!” He rubbed his shoulder as he tried to pull the lady he bumped into up. “Are you alright?” He smiled apologetically, melting her heart in an instant.

 

            Her eyes lit up and her voice was suddenly an octave higher. “Omo! Handsome boy!” Her hand brushed against his broad chest accidently and she let out a girlish giggle. “Oh geez, Sorry! What’s your name?”

 

            “… Er, Hong Bin?…”

 

            “Oh handsome boy and handsome name! What’s wrong these days? Always seeing handsome boys around here…” Her hand latched onto his wrist. “Tell me, you’re moving in here?”

 

            Hong Bin was really starting to get uncomfortable. He didn’t want to spend too much time here… He wanted to hurry up to the end of the corridor so he could see if you were home, or maybe see if the note was picked up or anything… If the note was still there – at least it meant that you came back right? That you were aright, not in an accident or something, right?... “I’m not here to –“

 

            “Ah it’s okay, come on! I’ll show you a room that just cleared out today!”

 

            Hong Bin tried to move away from her, but his well-trained body just couldn’t bring enough energy to pull the poor lady away… Hong Bin let out an inner sigh. So much for gentlemen traits… “Alright, be quick though? I’m kind of in a hurry,”

 

            She continued to talk about the apartment that cleared out – saying that its going really nice furniture, and freshly painted white walls… And something about that the old owner’s brother came by and did the wall’s white wash paint himself… And that he was a sweet boy and charismatic and adorable…

 

            Hong Bin wasn’t really paying attention, until they stopped at the door.

 

            The door.

 

            Your door.

 

            “Wait,” He stopped her as she dug out the keys to open the door for him. “Are you sure this is the apartment?”

 

            She raised a poorly drawn eyebrow. “Yes, this is the one! It just cleared out today, didn’t I say before?”

 

            Hong Bin watched speechless as she opened the door, into the apartment that he remembered so well – the one that appeared in his dreams and the one that he wanted to come back so badly to…

 

            “Here, go in a take a look,”

 

            Hong Bin walked in blankly and stared at the apartment. Sure, things were still the same, the kitchen was still right next to the entrance, the door still a dark chocolaty brown… The staircase that he walked up and down countless times still right there, at the back of the apartment…

 

            But it’s so different too.

 

            The paint tubs and white canvases that used to scattered around the floor were gone, and the grey leather couch, which the two of you cuddled together so long ago, was no where to be seen too…  He turned to see the kitchen counter – sparkly clean without a single cup to be washed…

 

            And the floor, the pile of mess that he was sure would be there…

 

            Gone too.

 

            Hong Bin’s subconscious snapped and rushed him up the stairs. Taking long strides and at least three steps at a time, he ignored the lady’s surprised cry of ‘where are you going?’, and opened the door to your bedroom.

 

            ... This isn’t happening.

 

            He took a deep breath. He closed his eyes and opened them again.

 

            This isn't…

 

            And there, up in the ceiling, was nothing but a clean, crisp, white washed wall. A white wash wall, a wall of nothing

            

            The stars are gone. 

 

___

 

BAM BAM BAM BAMMMMMM!! 

Im reading it now and Geez it's so dramatic.. :/ 

I hope the tension isn't killing you all?

Maybe comment to tell me if you're still alive? 

Haha. Sorry.

Going to go edit the last chap I'm going to update today now.