Chapter 2 ; The First Meeting [ LJOE POV ]

Am I the only one , or thrown away like the others ?

Man .. Why is this cafe so crowded .. Urgh ! I wish she didn't step into here .. What's she here for anyway ? She's all alone ..

I peeked from the back of the crowd . She was so .. amazing . I'm captured by her beauty .. I can't go around stalking her like that all the time .. Maybe .. I should approach her today and be friends .. I'm sure she won't be like all the other girls I've dated .

She's new . Fresh meat . A new .. victim ? Nah .. I think she's the one I'm going to keep . But , can't be too sure . I may just dump her like the last girl , Naeun .. Oh forget about her ! She's got another guy already anyway . Who cares .

My heart skipped a beat as she turned her head , and I quickly hid in the crowd . Was my hair giving me away ? She won't stop looking at this direction with her beautiful glowing eyes . Her hair .. so long yet silky . I want to brush my fingers through it .. Urgh . I can't stand looking at her from far away anymore !

I pushed through the crowded cafe , taking note of her every move . The way she tucked her hair behind her ears .. It showed off her cute childish earrings .

Just then , the dude between her and I moved out of the way . Her eyes locked with mine . My heart never thumped so hard before .. Could this realy be the one I've been searching for ? I smirked with the thought and she looked away .

Now .. it's the time to confront her . Confess to her my feelings . I'll do whatever it takes , even if I have to look like a weirdo .

I inched forward , slowly sitting into the chair opposite her at the table . I folded my arms , mesmerized by how she smiles to herself . What is she thinking ? I wanted to know so badly .

She looked up and she seemed shocked . I like it . It makes her look cute . I smiled and leaned forward , trying to start a conversation . Anxiety overwhelmed me as I felt the table move slightly towards her . I looked into her eyes , seeing her pupils dilate . I guess she's too shocked .

"Hey . What's your name ?" I asked anxiously , but smiling .

"Uhm .. I'm Hwayoung .. You ?" She replied . Hwayoung . Finally I know her name , I'll never forget it .

"Call me Ljoe . My real name's ByungHun , but everyone calls me Ljoe ." I said and winked . 

Her face turned red and I could see her starting to sweat . Is she okay ? Or .. She's shy ?

"Hey , you okay babe ? You look unwell . Are you having a temperature ?" I was worried for her . I didn't want to see her fall sick or faint in front of me .

"I'm okay .. Hahahaah .. It just feels warm all of a sudden." She smiled slightly . Warmth ? Does she .. like me as bad as I like her ?

"Okay , hahahaah ! So , you alone ? Sorry but .. How old are you ?" I want to know how old she is .. I know she should be a few months older than me since she looks matured & refined . But .. Age doesn't matter when it comes to love .

"I'm waiting for a friend .. But it's okay . Nice talking to you . I'm born in 1993 , you ?"  1993 ?! She's born in the same year as me ! This is something that can make us closer , maybe ?

"Oh , I'm born in 1993 too ! What coincidence ! Hahahaah , nice meeting you Hwayoung chingu." I winked . Will this catch her heart ?

Her face reddened again , maybe she's just as shy . But when I'm shy , my face doesn't turn red for some unknown reason . Hm .

"Oh . Heheheeh ." she gave a sweet smile . I was dying inside . She's so .. lovely .

Then , a girl with a beanie the colour of my hair ran up beside us .

"Eonnie ! I'm so sorry .. Oh . Who's this ? You didn't tell me you were bringing a friend over ! I rushed because I thought you'll be lonely all alone .. Sigh" She's panting so hard . Who's she ? I looked at Hwayoung , as if I would see some pictures of the answer there .

"Oh .. This is Ljoe . We just met .. Hahaaah ." I wished she told her I'm ByungHun . Ljoe was a name , reserved for people I like or close friends to call me .

"Hello ! Nice to meet you ! You are .. ?" I stood up , smiling . I wish she would go away so I could talk more with Hwayoung . But I guess .. Hwayoung was waiting for her , that's why she was all alone .

"I'm Jiyeon , born in 1993 , aah how should I address you ?" She tried to say , but was still out of breath . She doesn't look her age . She looks younger than that . Maybe it's because of how she dresses . Hm . She's the same age as us .

"Oh ! We're all born in the same year eh ? Cool . Just call me Ljoe." Since Hwayoung told her my nickname , I shan't tell her my real name then .

"Hey Hwayoung . I think I'll be leaving yeah . Catch up soon ?" I said hurriedly . It was awkward enough with just Hwayoung & I , now there's someone else . I should leave . I'll hand her my number though .

"Okay ~ Bye Ljoe." Hwayoung said . She looks rather disappointed . I felt something pierce my heart .

I walked up to her and leaned against her ear , "Babe , here's my number . I'll be waiting for your call or text . I love you . Goodbye dear ." I couldn't help it anymore .. Saying "I love you" was easy . But it this time it was a slip of the tongue . I don't want her to think of me as a playboy .. I want to erase my terrible past .

But .. It was a fact that I loved her . Now , I wouldn't have to hide in the shadows and stare at her beautiful glow from afar now .. We can meet up again . 

 My chest hurts . My heart was beating so hard . I loved this feeling . I was about to have someone to hold in my arms again  . Will she accept me if I asked her to be mine .. ?

I walked out into the dark night and made my way home , with my head flooded with thoughts and beautiful images of what would be the perfect future ..