Chapter 1 ; The First Meeting [ HWAYOUNG POV ]

Am I the only one , or thrown away like the others ?

I streched my arms out , yawning .  Hm .. When is Jiyeon baby arriving ? She's taking so long as usual .. Sigh . She takes forever to get ready & she even told me not to be late .. I looked around the cafe , scanning the crowd to see if she was sitting somewhere else .

A flash of redish-orangey-pink went by in the crowd . Aha ! Jiyeon must be wearing her new beanie .. Finally she's here ~  I quickly gave her a call & she immediately answered my call .

"Jiyeon baby ~ I see you ! Quick ~ I'm sitting at the corner next to the long pink lamp !"

"Eh ? Eonnie ? Liar ~ I'm in the cab ! How could you have seen me ? Eonnie you liar ~"

"Really ? But .. But .. I thought I saw you in your new beanie !"

"Eonnie ~ Did you see through the future ?! I'm wearing my new beanie .. But I haven't arrived yet !"

"Oh .. I think I saw wrongly then .. Just hurry up baby ."

"Okay Hwayoung eonnie ~ I love you ! Don't be upset or angry okay ~ Kekeke ."

"Okay .."

I hung up . Could I really have seen wrongly ? I rubbed my eyes & sighed . Maybe I've been watching too much tv & my degree was increasing .

But then again , I saw the "beanie" again . I strained my eyes , looking closer . OH ! It was a guy .. A cute guy who dyed his hair redish-orangey-pink ! He smirked at me . I realised he caught me looking at him with interest & I quickly looked away .

His face was unforgettable , beautiful eyes that didn't require double eyelids .. Lips so thin , complimenting his gorgeous eyes and jawline .. A nose that gave a touch of elegance to his features .. My heart was aching to turn around and see his face again .

I wanted to know him , be friends with him , or .. even more than just friends .. I smiled at my crazy thoughts . A guy like him would have girls swarming around him , he probably couldn't care less about me and just thought that I'm another girl who fell for his looks & his signature smirk .

I was so deep in thought , & I realised Jiyeon was sitting in front of me . I looked up and my smile disappeared , my jaw dropped , the guy was sitting in front of me . He folded his arms , giving me the badboy smile that could melt your heart . My face felt hot as he leaned towards me , pushing the table slightly , and stared into my eyes . What was he doing ?

Finally after a short moment of silence , he spoke . His words flowed into my ears like music , his voice was so smooth , I could barely concentrate on what he was saying as it felt as if his words were floating out of my head .

"Hey . What's your name ?" His eyes gleamed .

"Uhm .. I'm Hwayoung .. You ?" I shyly smiled .

"Call me Ljoe . My real name's ByungHun , but everyone calls me Ljoe ." He winked .

I swear I was melting , I could feel a drop of sweat trickle down the back of my neck . How come the place felt so warm ? The aircon was working well a moment ago ..

"Hey , you okay babe ? You look unwell . Are you having a temperature ?" He asked with concern .

"I'm okay .. Hahahaah .. It just feels warm all of a sudden." I tried to smile , trying my best not to go overly excited with his concern over me .

"Okay , hahahaah ! So , you alone ? Sorry but .. How old are you ?" He asked with curiosity in his eyes .

"I'm waiting for a friend .. But it's okay . Nice talking to you . I'm born in 1993 , you ?" I asked shyly . I crossed fingers that he'll be my oppa , but it'll be highly unlikely with his youthful looks .

"Oh , I'm born in 1993 too ! What coincidence ! Hahahaah , nice meeting you Hwayoung chingu." He winked again .

I half-wished he would stop winking at me as with every wink , I could feel my body temperature rise .

"Oh . Heheheeh ." I smiled sweetly .

Just then , I saw Jiyeon run up towards us .

"Eonnie ! I'm so sorry .. Oh . Who's this ? You didn't tell me you were bringing a friend over ! I rushed because I thought you'll be lonely all alone .. Sigh" She panted .

"Oh .. This is Ljoe . We just met .. Hahaaah ." I forced a smile . This was a time I wished Jiyeon was late , so she wouldn't disrupt my talk with Ljoe . But at least she helped break the awkwardness with her open personality .

"Hello ! Nice to meet you ! You are .. ?" Ljoe stood up , slightly shocked , but he mantained his sweet smile .

"I'm Jiyeon , born in 1993 , aah how should I address you ?" She tried to say , but was still out of breath .

"Oh ! We're all born in the same year eh ? Cool . Just call me Ljoe." He smiled slightly .

That was weird . Why didn't he wink to her or give his badboy smile ? Was it .. Only for me ? I smiled at the thought .

"Hey Hwayoung . I think I'll be leaving yeah . Catch up soon ?" He said hurriedly .

"Okay ~ Bye Ljoe." I forced out another smile . He was leaving . This was the last time we'll ever talk or meet each other . My heart ached . I couldn't ask for his number . It'll be so embarrassing .

Just then , he walked up and leaned towards my ear .

"Babe , here's my number . I'll be waiting for your call or text . I love you . Goodbye dear ." His breath brushed past my ear , the warmth tingling my senses .

He slipped a piece of paper into my hand . I stared at the numbers as he walked away . Did he just say "I love you" ? Was I hallucinating ? That feeling .. I've never felt it before .. I felt .. Ecstatic . He said he loves me ! He even called me "dear" .. Unless .. Unless it was just a casual way of his speech ? My smile seeped away with the thought .

At least I have his number , I comforted myself .

"Eonnie ! Stop spacing out ~ What did he say to you ? Is that his number ? Aah eonnie ! He's so cute ! Can I have his number ? Okay maybe not .. He gave it to you , not me." Jiyeon asked with enthusiasm .

"Jiyeon baby , if someone you've met for the first time says 'I love you' , is it real ?" Sadness overcomed me again as I thought that he could be a playboy .

" Eonnie , don't you know what's love at first sight ? I can see that he likes you alot ! I can also see that you like him alot .. Heheheeh ." She smirked .

My face turned red . The heat was flooding into my cheeks again .

"Shh Jiyeon baby .. Don't tell the anyone okay ~ Forget about this whole incident !" I smiled , I didn't want anyone to know about it . It'll be my little secret .

"Okay eonnie .. I ordered coffee and cake for us already , it should arrive soon ~" She said it with a melody that sounded so familiar .

Oh well . I keyed in Ljoe's number into my phone and kept the slip of paper in my wallet . I loved how his numbers were written with curves .

I could barely concentrate on what Jiyeon was blabbering about nonstop . She seemed excited about it .. The coffee and cake arrived , and Jiyeon squealed . She blabbered on and on as I sipped my coffee and took a bite of my cake , deep in thought about Ljoe . I wished he was thinking about me ..