Chapter 3 ; Asked out for a date [ HWAYOUNG POV ]

Am I the only one , or thrown away like the others ?

" Baby , I love you . " I sat up in shock . I was sweating even though the aircon was on at full blast . Ljoe's words were dancing in my head . I can barely think properly . I've fallen for him , badly . Last night , all I could see was his face when I closed my eyes . His words and smooth voice was ringing in my ears , causing me to be wide awake . No matter how much I tossed and turned , I couldn't sleep .

This was killing me , I had to text him . I need to talk to him , meet up with him . A string of hopeful events formed in my head . Hahaah , would it be possible ? Could we be more than just friends ? I hesitated with thoughts that he may not be interested in me and sent a text with a simple " Good morning , Hwayoung here ~ " .

My heart feels heavy . Will he reply ? I hope he remembers me .. Ahahaah ! What nonsense am I thinking about ?

I dragged my feet to the bathroom and examined my reflection . A girl like me , who'll love me ? I think I look average . I splashed the cool water onto my face , trying to get rid of any hint of weariness from last night's "unproductive" sleep . When I was just about to grab my toothbrush , my phone ringed .

Is that Ljoe ? It's Ljoe right ? It has to be ! Ecstatic thoughts ran through my mind , a smile grew on my face . I ran excitedly towards my bed , pushing away my laundry basket and towel rack which were blocking my way .

I jumped onto the bed and picked up the call , filled with anxiety . Why did Ljoe call me ? He could have just texted me .

" EONNIE ~ LET'S GO OUT , OKAY ? PLEASE . I NEED TO BUY MORE CLOTHES ~ " a squeaky female voice was at the other end of the line . While trying to overcome my shock , she kept talking and persuading me to go out with her . It was Jiyeon ! Urgh that girl .. She's always appearing out of the blue at all the wrong times . I wish she could try to contact me at the right times , when I'm not waiting for something important like Ljoe's reply .

Oh well , how could I blame her ? She's my best friend and it's not like she called me at the wrong time on purpose . I will still love her no matter what . She's been with me , through crazy ups and downs , for so many years . I can't even count .

" Eonnie , are you there ? Are you okay ? Answer me ! Hello ?! " she screamed into my ears . Ouch , her bark is worse than her bite ..

" Yeah baby Jiyeon , sorry . I was deep in thought . Where do you want to go ? " I tried my best to sound enthusiastic .

" Were you even listening to me ? Sigh . I wanna go to the new mall , the one near your house ! " she mumbled in obvious disappointment .

" I'm sorry Jiyeon . I couldn't stop thinking about .. Him . " I hinted to her about Ljoe . But would she know ? I sighed .

" Oh ? Is it the cute guy at the cafe ? Um .. Ljoe right ?! " she spoke like a bullet train , overflowing with excitment .

" Yeah , shh . Hahaah ~ I'm waiting for his call or text now . So , meet you at the entrance of the mall ? " I forced a smile . I didn't really want to go out today because I had my hopes up about a possible outing with Ljoe . But I was going to meet her anyway , she did so many things for me before . I should repay her with gratitude .

" Okay eonnie  ! Don't be late ! I'll be there soon ! 12 noon okay ! " she exclaimed with excitement . There she goes again , telling me not to be late . She'll be the one who's late , but it's okay .

I put down the phone and went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth . With every , I was deeper in thought , mesmerized by Ljoe . How can a guy like him ever exist ? He was a living model of perfection ..

My phone ringed again . Sigh , it must be that muddle-headed Jiyeon . I walked lazily to my dressing table , where I left my phone .

I almost choked on my toothpaste-mixed-with-saliva and toothbrush . It was Ljoe . He was calling . I grabbed my phone and ran to the bathroom , quickly spitting out the toothpaste and immediately rinsing my mouth . I picked up his call , my heart thumping ever so fast .

" Hey babe , you free today ? " he asked . His voice , a little scruffy and slurry , but still beautiful . I guess he just woke up , that's why he's speaking like that .

" Not really .. I'm going out with Jiyeon to a mall . " sadness filled me . He was going to ask me out . I missed my chance . My heart hurts so badly .

" Oh . I thought of asking you out for a date , hahaah . " A .. date ? Was I hearing things ? I couldn't believe it ! I have to grab this opportunity , now .

" A date ? Uh ---- " I stammered , what's wrong with me ? I'm too nervous , my head was flooded with happy thoughts and fantasies .

" Yeah . I .. I like you . Is this too sudden ? " He likes me ? HE LIKES ME . Oh . My . Gosh . I'm melting . I like him , he likes me .

" Kind of , but .. I like you too . " I blushed . My cheeks were feeling hot again . My heartbeat was getting faster and my temperature was increasing fast .

" Should we do a double date ? I can invite my friend along . He'll be with Jiyeon . " A friend ? With Jiyeon ? Hm .. Maybe it was to make him feel more comfortable as a friend would be alongside him .

" Okay sure , the mall is next to the cafe where we met yesterday . Meet at around .. 12.30 pm ? " I asked anxiously . Will he be okay with it ? I hope so .

" Sure thing babe . See ya ! " He hung up , but ended with enthusiasm .

I felt dazed . We were going for a date . He's bringing a friend along to pair up with Jiyeon . I hope Jiyeon will like his friend too . I wonder how he looks like .. ? I can't wait to see Ljoe again . To see his beauty once more , and hear his voice face to face . What are we going to do .. ?