Chapter 4 ; Asking Her Out [ LJOE POV ]

Am I the only one , or thrown away like the others ?

I can't sleep . Why ? I can't stop thinking about her .  This gooey feeling in my heart , I haven't felt it before . Never . Not even with my previous girlfriends . It's already 8am , but I'm still awake . Ridiculous .

I sat up from my bed , wearily walking towards the fridge in the kitchen . I opened the fridge door , contemplating whether to drink some soju . It was Dad's , but since he and Mom are forever busy at work , they shouldn't notice a bottle less . I grabbed one , the cold touch of the bottle pierced into my skin .

I plopped myself on the couch , opened the soju bottle with a "pop" . Bringing the cold drink to my lips , the taste was refreshing somehow . I hope I'll be sleepy once I finished the whole bottle . Grabbing my phone from my pocket , I realised that I received a message .

I gulped , is it Chunji again ? What trouble has he gotten into again .. He promised me that he'll take care of himself . Sigh , that dude . Unlocking my phone , I almost choked on my drink . Hwayoung texted me ! She sure wakes up early . But .. I shan't reply her just yet .. I want to spend the day with her . I should give myself some time to plan out today's activities .

Hm .. A date ? Confession ? Movie ? Amusement park ? A simple lunch  together ? Urgh , so many ideas . I should just call and go with the flow of the conversation .

Sipping my soju , I dialled Hwayoung's number . " Sorry but this user is currently unavailable . You will be directed to voicemail after the beep . Deeeeee --- " I hung up . Is she busy ? Sigh . I gulped down and finished up the soju , my throat was burning . Ouch , regret . Drinking the alcohol too fast wasn't good . I have to remind myself again next time .

After dumping the empty soju bottle into the trash , I tried calling her again . My heart was thumping fast against my ribcage , it felt like it was going to pop out anytime soon , like in the cartoons . My face and body was hot from the alcohol and I tried my best to not get knocked out . What's taking her so long to pick up the phone ? Or is it .. Because she doesn't care ? 

Just then , she picked up the phone . My hand started trembling . The exciting feeling of talking to her again , man . This was nerve-wrecking at the same time too . I mustered up my bravery .  

" Hey babe , you free today ? " I was shocked at my own voice . It sounded weird . Why ? Oh , the alcohol .

" Not really .. I'm going out with Jiyeon to a mall . " Hwayoung replied . My heart sank . I could sense her disappointment somehow . Or maybe it's just me and my weird senses . I should just tell her why I called anyway ..

" Oh . I thought of asking you out for a date , hahaah . " I've never been so nervous while asking a girl out . This doesn't feel like me . Was I changing into a better person for once ?

" A date ? Uh ---- " She sounds shocked . The memory of our first conversation floated in my mind . The cute shocked face of hers , I'm sure she has that same expression now . I badly wanted to see it . Now is the time for my confession , it should fit perfectly at this awkward point . It may make it a little more awkward but , oh well . Giving it a try won't hurt , maybe ?

" Yeah . I .. I like you . Is this too sudden ? " Anxiety filled me . I my lips , it felt so dry . Aah , what's this pain now ? I was biting too hard on my lips and I immediately stopped biting it , fearing that it would have a cut and start bleeding  .

" Kind of , but .. I like you too . " An unexpected answer from Hwayoung . She likes me too . I almost turned slid of the chair as if I was liquid from excitement . A random thought came into mind . How about double dating ? I can drag that Chunji along to "date" Jiyeon . He likes that kind of girls , childish and cute . For me .. I prefer mature but cute . Who knows ? Chunji and Jiyeon could become a real couple too , just like Hwayoung and I .. I almost slipped into dreamland .

" Should we do a double date ? I can invite my friend along . He'll be with Jiyeon . " I anxiously asked her . Would she agree to it ? Or will she hate it ? She was still a mystery for me to solve . I wanted to know everything about her , till the point when I can "predict" her reactions to different issues and complications .

" Okay sure , the mall is next to the cafe where we met yesterday . Meet at around .. 12.30 pm ? " Hwayoung replied . Man , she's cool with it . Then , it's a deal ! We could do so many things here and there .. The mall definitely has many things for us to do .

" Sure thing babe . See ya ! " I said and hung up . I was so excited . I could see her face once more . And maybe .. I'll have a chance to hold her hand . Hug her , kiss her .. Okay , maybe it's a little too early for hugging and kissing . She would see me as some weirdo . I can't wait for the day when she would be even more  comfortable with me and that'll be the day I ask her to be mine .

Now , all I have to do is call Chunji . I wasn't tired anymore , and I hoped that Chunji "the owl" will be awake . I dialled his number and jumped around the living room . I couldn't contain my happiness anymore . It was overflowing and I had to show it  .

" Bro .. What's up ? I'm--- cough cough , sleeping .. " Chunji sounded funny . I felt like dragging him out of bed .

" Yo bro . Want to go for a double date ? The girl I like will be with me , and her friend will be with you--- " He cut me before I could finish what I wanted to say .

" DOUBLE DATE ?! Bro ! Stop breaking hearts .. I don't think I'll even like her friend , dude ! " He shouted into the phone . Man , I think he's fully awake now .

" Bro , I'm sure she's the one for me . I feel so different this time . I know it'll work out perfectly this time ! Anyway her friend is definitely your type . Believe me . " I persuaded him . He has to come ! He can't ruin my perfect plans .

" I trust you bro . It better be good . Place , time ? " Finally , he agreed . He should probably come over to my house first and discuss with me what to do with the girls ..

" My house ? How about 11am ? " He should be fine with the timing since he's fully awake now .

" Sure . See ya bro ! Don't let me down yeah ! " I hung up . There , all done except for the planning of what to do .

Now , I have to wait for Chunji . But first , I shall go and wash up , get ready for the date . I'm so excited , will it work out .. ?