#2

A Big Deal

 

- What’s going on? – Niel was the first one to raise voice and the five boys ran to stand next to CAP with unfriendly glance on the girl – Who is she?

But like when facing CAP,  there was no sign of being afraid on Sujin’s face. Even as an uninvited. She looked at her behind,  which was the table with a lot of dishes for lunch and smiled:

- You guys got off the right time. Lunch is ready.

As soon as he heard the word “lunch”, the gluttonous boy named Ricky automatically leaned to the table and . His eyes then widely opened and mouth was just the same:

- Hyungs, look! Seems so great, we’ve got samgyetang and japchae here! It’s sooo hard to find samgyetang now. – Ricky lifted his head to look at Sujin, questioned – You prepared this?

Sujin shrugged.

- You don’t need to know. Just want to remind that you guys have 45 minutes for lunch and after that it will be the make-up class for today’s vocal lesson. If you don’t want to have dinner then please be hurry.

The two words “vocal lesson” made the six boys pale. The looked at each other with embarrassment to realized that they had committed to skipping class, which the strict Suho would never forgive easily. That was why all of them left CAP’s side to walk and sit at the table. Sujin was about to go when Ricky called her back:

- Excuse me, but I haven’t known your name! And …who are you?

- New image manager of Teen Top. Call me Sujin.

Ignoring the curious look from the other members when they heard of the new and totally strange term “image manager”, Ricky kept on asking:

- And age?

- I’m the same age with your Minsoo hyung. Now focus on eating. And Minsoo –ssi – Sujin looked at CAP, who was still standing there and said with a provoking voice – Or should I call you CAP?

- Whatever – CAP coldly replied. He didn’t seem to sit and have lunch then.- But you…

- Okay – Sujin crossed her hands and sniffed – You don’t want to be scolded by Suho oppan again, do you?

And without waiting an answer from CAP, Sujin laughed in glory and took up the posters of Teen Top she had taken down, she left.

Chunji swallowed a big piece of rice and said:

- I sense something strange here. The way she treated us doesn’t seem so right. And – He continued with another piece – crumpling up our poster is not acceptable at all!

Chunji’s opinion got supporting nods from CAP and Changjo – the last ones to sit at the table. But another one, in contrast, dreamily looked at the threshold where Sujin had left a few minutes ago:

- I think she’s so cute and special. – Ljoe his chopsticks – Okay, Sujin. I will show her that Teen Top is not just a bunch to lie in every morning and have lunch for breakfast.

- You’re crazy, Lee Byunghun ah. – Chunji interrupted – You have just met her for a few minutes.

- She’s the  crazy one, hyungs! – Changjo said – Listen!

And then, Changjo read out loud the dorm regulation glued in front of him.

- Get up at 9am, go to bed the latest 1am. Sleep 6 hours/day. No lie-in or make-up nap.

Schedule for wash-up and house cleaning are in front of every room. No tearing it down. If someone tears it down, the owners of that room will be responsible.

Read at least one book a week and record it in book list. Highly recommend English book.

Recommend to get updated news about society and showbiz (official information, get rid of tabloids) everyday.

Every 3 days there will be update session about books and news. Recommend to understand clearly and have interest in the issues mentioned.

Every week there will be 360 degree feedback. Every month there will be personal development plan.

The regulation was long but only those sessions already made Teen Top lose their apetite.  

- Where does president find this kind? – Niel grunted – As if Suho hyung is not enough. But what the hell is 360 degree feedback and personal development plan?

Right then, the sound of mic-checking “Hello” suddenly came in the kitchen, making the six boys startled. Someone also dropped his pair of chopsticks on the ground.

- You have 25 minutes left. – Sujin talked into the microphone. Newly installed. For sure. – After 25 minutes, who still in the kitchen will be punished.

- Just keep on. – Niel reached out his hand to pick a chicken thigh and bit it – She can’t do anything to us.

- Ahn Niel ssi – Sujin replied at once – Would you please put your legs down on the ground? You cannot put your legs on your chair like that.

And that was another time that Sujin made Teen Top startle. Ricky, from the ground, rose up with the chopsticks in his hands, grimaced:

- She’s watching over us? How can?

- Ya Jang Sujin – CAP spoke loudly – Come here! Don’t hide and do these rubbish things!

No reply. Where did Sujin go? Or did Cap already scare her? But anyway, Teen Top still kept their eyes on the kitchen’s threshold – for fear that Sujin would appear from any corner and gave each of them a kick – while eating and telling themselves that Sujin had already scared of CAP til death. Until CAP told the crew that it was nearly 2pm, they all went out of the kitchen, feeling bright that Sujin didn’t come anymore.

However, they were late for the class. But the boys thought that 5 mins late was not the problem as normally, the teacher was usually 5 or 10 minutes late.

It was true that when they walked into the classroom, the teacher had not yet come. But as soon as the last person to walk into and the six of them started to sighed with relief, the door after them suddenly closed with a suddenly loud sound, making them startle for the uncountable time during the 3 hours of the new day. And it was more terrible shock when Niel was the first one to face those behind them:

- Jang Sujin!

- Good afternoon, teacher!

TeenTop hurriedly bowed to greet their vocal teacher but their eyes all serectly looked at the person next to him. Still that long black hair with a green line, still that Good Morning Revival Tshirt, and still that provoking eyes. Sujin, not the teacher, looked at the watch on her wrist and said first:

- You guys are 5 minute 48 seconds late.

- 5 minutes is not a matter! – Chunji scouled at her.

- Yeah – Sujin looked strictly to Chunji – For you guys it’s nothing but the teacher here has to wait for you for 5 minutes and 48 seconds. Normally, why do you think he’s late? Simply that he wants you to wait for him as how he waits for you during the time you are supposed to be at class already. But you don’t care at all. You guys just think that you have to wait while you are also late, too.

The teacher raised his hand to tell Sujin to stop but Sujin, as the new image manager, appeared to be so into lecturing TeenTop:

- Teacher, just let me say. They have to acknowledge of their fault. Where did I stop? Ah, you are late but keep on thinking that you are on time while your managers don’t pay attention to that. But from now on, I will do that. You ask why I’m here? Ok, it’s for me to shape you guys into professional persons not only on TV but also in your daily life. You know that you guys idols are watched over 24/7 but is it good that you let people see your drawbacks and make excuse of your being young? You’re not 15 or 16 year old boy of 4 year ago anymore, right?

Speaking so, Sujin took a glance of the six members of Teen Top. Some of them seemed to be aware of their mistake. But some of them was not convinced. Looking down at the watch, Sujin made a summary:

- Okay, you guys have to start the class anyway. But remember my words, I’m here to shape you into professional lifestyle.  And I will start it by reducing 5 minutes 48 seconds to your sleep today. If you want to be late again, just reduce your sleep time!

Then, she turned to smile to the teacher before bowing him and going out. Once again, Teen Top was frozen at what had just happened. The teacher, in contrast, smiled and walked towards his desk:

- If you still don’t get it… It’s simply that you will sleep less than normal today.