#3

A Big Deal

“It’s like maeil maeil everyday ya…

Nae mami apa oneunde dapdaphan mameul niga alli eopjanha
Its like maeil maeil Everyday ya…”

- Uhmmm…Leave me alone…

Hey to you to you to you know?

Wooo wooo wooo…”

-YAAAA!!

Niel screeched and jumped out of his bed. His face and his shirt was totally wet. As Niel screamed as if his lungs got sore, the other hurriexly to get up and it was CAP’s turn to be attacked by cold water. Six pairs of eyes, sleepy, mad and angry looked at the place where CAP and Niel were sleeping. The place where Sujin was standing there with a mug of water on her hand and her face was like nothing-called-pouring-cold-water-into-TeenTop had just happened.

-What the hell did you do Jang Sujin?

Cap asked with anger. He reached out his hands to wiped away water from his dripping hair. Sujin climbed down from the ladder and looked at CAP:

-Not “the hell”. I just did what I said yesterday.

-What you said yesterday? – The leader grimaced, trying to search his memory for something called what-Sujin-said-yesteday .

-That we were reduced by 5 minutes to our sleep.

From the only single bed at the other corner of the room, LJoe had already woken up and put his foot into slippers. He was the first one to have a part of his body out of the bed.

-5minutes 48 second to be exact. But I appreaciate you, LJoe ssi. – Sujin gave LJoe a thumb up, making him grin in happiness.- And you guys, CAP and Niel ssi, because you were the first and second ones to go to bed last night, I have to wake you guys up in order and according to the time you are allowed to sleep. Now, if all of you don’t want cold water all over your body, please get out of your beds!

-But where did you get the right to treat us that way?

Changjo asked back and of course, Sujin was not happy with that question. She walked out and before closing the door, Sujin looked into Changjo’s eyes and spoke with the coldest voice they ever heard in her:

-So where did you get the right to be that disorganized? Breakfast is ready now, go eating and get into your workday quickly. And I hope that you won’t ask me again about the right I have to punish you as I am simply your manager. See you later.

The six members looked at each other. Niel cleared his throat and trembled with a naughty expression on his face. But anyway, they still had to climb out of the beds to have breakfast and they couldn’t help noticing a paper in front of the living room’s door. According to it, that morning, Chunji and Niel were in charge of wash-up, Changjo and CAP would clean the house while Ricky along with LJoe would do ironing for the six members before they departed to studio.

-How can we sing after doing all those things?

Chunji’s lips curled up and he tore the paper down. Right then, the cold voice of Sujin was all over the house:

-Chunji-ssi, you are exempted from breakfast today.

Short and incisive. No sign of provoking or teasing like before. She turned 180 degree right after being disrespected.

Just like that, there were only 5 bowls of rice on the table instead of six as usual, which meant Sujin punished Chunji for tearing down the schedule.

-I can’t stand anymore – Chunji cried out – She has no right to punish us and make us do housework like that! Why does Suho hyung prevent her?

-Hyung – Ricky said softly – I think she has her own reason. If we don’t get up late and mess up the whole dorm or that we can’t do ironing and washup, we can’t take care of us! If we keep clinging on our managers or maids, we get much more spoiled.

The other eyes were all on Ricky. The second-youngest boy usually didn’t speak much and was the daily target of bullying instead of maknae Changjo  but then he was speaking like a mature man. As if it was not enough, he was protecting that hateful person named Sujin. LJoe looked at Ricky with doubt:

-Ya Ricky, what happened to you? Why are you so strange?

-Nothing. – Ricky shrugged and grabed a piece of japchae into his bowl. His favourite dish had been always placed in front of him since yesterday – I just say what I think to be right.

But little did the others know that this morning, when waking up, Ricky felt something strange under his pillow. It turned out to be a paper bag with a folded note inside.

“Hi Ricky, This is Sujin. Don’t be surprised to see my note for you but from now on, I will write you and put it here. We will call it sugar cube, ok? Thank you for not being uncomfortable with my appearance in the first day. And hope you will always be that good to me. Here is my first advice to you: Don’t be scared of your hyung when you think you’re right! Nice day to you dear!

P/S: Call me Jin if you like.”

The first sugar cube from Sujin was the encouragement for Ricky. So far, he had known that Teen Top was wrong but he didn’t dare speak up as he was too afraid of his position in the team.  However, as soon as he read Sujin’s words and saw what she did to his hyungs, Ricky was somehow more confident as he thought as long as he did right, Sujin would protect him.