Jinyoung x Jaebum - Time is on our side

GOT7 OTP Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jinyoung?” the short boy next to the said boy asks with a small voice, afraid he'll interrupt whatever Jinyoung's doing.

“Mhm?” he mumbles absentminded, not really paying attention to the blond one next to him. He's too busy trying to defeat his opponent in this game, his tongue sticking out slightly as if he can concentrate better this way.

“You know what's wrong with Jaebum-hyung?”

At that Jinyoung's eyes leave the television screen, pausing the game to shift his body so he can turn a bit and look at Kunpimook. “What do you mean?” Jinyoung, knowing Jaebum long before they got together as GOT7, is worried something's wrong with their leader.

“He has been in his room ever since he got home..” The blond boy pouts and concern is written all over his face.

“Don't worry, I'll go talk him~” Jinyoung smiles and pats the young one on his head. “Here, why don't you finish what I started?” and hands him the controller, before getting up and walking up to Jaebum's room.

-x-x-x-

Jaebum, his hands folded behind his head is lying on his bed, staring at his wall behind his desk. Up on the wall there's a collage of different photo's of the past six years. He's reminiscing his trainee days, when he first met Jinyoung, when they formed JJ Project, when he had first met the other GOT7 members – today has been an emotional rollercoaster ride for Jaebum and though he doesn't feel sad or down or anything, he heaves a deep sigh while going over every memory he has with his brothers.

At that point Jinyoung carefully knocks on his door before peeking his head around the corner. “Are you busy?”

His black bangs wiggling from left to right Jaebum shakes his head and motions Jinyoung to come over and lie next to him. Jinyoung complies and settles down next to Jaebum, who keeps staring at the collage at the wall. After what feels like a few minutes silence Jinyoung clears his throat and looks at his leader. Following his gaze he notices he's staring at the pictures, lost in his own thoughts as Jinyoung nudges him but doesn't get any respond.

“Ya, what's up? Bambam was worried about you and I am too now.” Placing each hand on one cheek Jinyoung cups the elder's face, hoping he'll get some attention this way – and he does.

“There's no need to be worried” Jaebum sweetly smiles, placing his hands on top of Jinyoung's. “But what's up then?” Taking Jinyoung's hands in his he places them down on his lap, fidgeting with his fingers for a while, trying to form the words in his chaotic and emotional mind. “It's just, you know.. Time flies by.” Not looking up at the younger one Jaebum looks at their hands, their fingers now intertwined.

Jaebum loves Jinyoung for this, so much. He always knows exactly when he needs someone to talk to, or just be with, or what he needs to feel more at ease. Jinyoung knows when he wants to be alone and he knows exactly how his emotional mind of his can be and what to do with it. Feeling Jinyoung's warm hands around his own calms him down, the warmth spreading from his fingers up to his shoulder and down to his heart. He can't help but melt at the soft smile Jinyoung is giving him, knowing the younger one knows exactly what he means.

Jinyoung doesn't need to respond because he knows words won't make Jaebum feel be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter