Cloudy

Sequel to the Underworld and Heaven

Tao’s POV

I wake up on my sofa to see Tiffany already awake and making breakfast. “Up so early?” I ask.

“I couldn’t really sleep.” She says.

“Why not?” I ask, “Are you having nightmares again.” I give her a hug.

“Yes, but they’re not too bad.” She says.

“Should I sing you a lullaby every time you go to sleep.” I coo.

“No, you don’t have to.” She sticks her tongue out at me.

“Absolutely sure.” I ask.

“Yes.” She flips the eggs.

“Smells good.” I pick out a piece of bacon and eat it.
“Thanks.” She puts the food on two plates.

“Do you want to go to the park today?” I ask.

“Maybe, should I get a Frisbee?” She teases.

“Oh yes please! Would you like a halo with that?” I ask.

“No, I’m good.” She puts on sunglasses.

“Hey, those are mine!” I laugh.

“They suit me, right?” She asks.

“Yeah they do.” I get my other sunglasses. I take her hand and we walk over to the park. I see a flower stand and buy her some roses. “Madam.” I present the flowers with a bow.

“Thank you.” She kisses my cheek.

“You’re welcome.” I say. Just then a vampire comes out of nowhere and pins Tiffany to the ground, I wrench it off and turn it to dust. “Where did that come from?” I help her off the ground and brush the dust off.

“I have no idea, your eyes are red by the way.” She says. I look around, no one saw that surprisingly. I take a deep breath and clear my thoughts.

“Better?” I ask.

“Better.” She nods.

“Lets get a drink of water.” I grab her hand and look out for any more monsters.

“Hey, it’s safe. Also, if there is a danger we’ll be okay.” She kisses my cheek.

“I guess you’re right.” I say looking up at the sky, it’s cloudy today, which worries me, how will I know what moon phase we’re in? I frown.

“I'm always right.” She winks.

“Yeah, you are.” I say.

“And don’t you forget it!” She grins.

“Don’t worry, I won't.” I smile.

“Hey guys!” A voice says. We both turn; Key is walking towards us waving.

“Hey Key.” Tiffany waves. He smiles at her but his smile slightly fades when he looks at me.

“Am I interrupting anything?” He eyes our hands.

“Not really.” She squeezes my hand.

“That’s good.” He walks beside us.

“Have you gotten anywhere on your quest to protect the place from outsiders?” Tiffany asks.

“I found a couple vampires just now but they’re gone now.” He replies.

“That’s good.” I say.

“It’s good that someone can protect this place.” He says, I give him a look but he’s oblivious to it. He has us walk around the park with him for a couple of hours until it gets dark.

“Shouldn’t we get going?” I nervously look at the sky.

“Are you afraid of the dark?” Key smirks.

“Only what happens during it.” I admit.

“Yeah it’s not pretty is it? It’s definitely a pain.” He says. I start to reply when I start to shake, I look up again and see the clouds clear to reveal a full moon.

“Tiffany g­­­—” Key covering my mouth cuts me off. I yank his hand off when the headache kicks in, and I fall to my knees, could it somehow be more powerful tonight?

“Tao?” Tiffany steps forward, does she not know what’s happening? I want to tell her to leave but my mind goes blank. I can see everything that’s happening as I shift into beast form, Tiffany takes a step back but the monster—me— hit’s her hard into a wall and bricks rain down on her. I howl but it soon turns into a scream, why am I turning back to a human? I try to run to her but Key holds me back, “She’s dead, don’t touch her. You’ve done enough harm already.” He says in an emotionless voice. I crumple to the floor.

“Give me a knife, anything.” I mutter. A sword lands in front of me, I grab it and stab myself. When the cut doesn’t heal my jaw drops, “You wanted this didn’t you?” I ask him.

“What did you expect? You’re a wolf, I can't allow you to walk around with an angel can I? I sent a vampire to kill you today but the thing was so idiotic it didn’t even bother to use the sword. Well now I’ve rid the world of one more hellish beast.” He smirks. My vision darkens as I lie there, dying.