Banned

Sequel to the Underworld and Heaven

Tiffany’s POV

“Well now I’ve rid the world of one more hellish beast.” I hear Key say. What happened to the nice guy act? My eyes flutter open and I see Key standing over a body slumped against a wall. I rub my aching head, and get up, my eyes adjust to the darkness and I see that the body is Tao struggling to breath.

“Tao!” I run to him but Key holds me back, “Let me go you—”

“Don’t curse at me, why would you want to help him? He’s unstable and dangerous, not to forget that he comes from the depths of Hell.” He says.

“I don’t care about that, now LET ME GO!” I scream and he is pushed off. I run to Tao and press my hands against his wounds, “Tao please stay with me!” I press my hands harder and he groans.

“Ow…Tiffany? I thought you were dead, I-I thought I killed you.” He puts his hand on mine.

“Well you didn’t did you?” Tears run down my cheeks.

“But I killed myself.” He says.

“Why?” I ask.

“I couldn’t live without you.” He says, “Very cheesy right?” He smiles weakly.

“Not at all.” I chuckle slightly as my hands grow warm.

“You’ve saved me again.” He says.

“Yep, you owe me.” I laugh slightly.

“But he’ll never be able to repay you since I’m banning him from you.” A voice says. I turn; it’s the general.

“Please no.” I beg.

“You’re lucky I’m only banning him, if it were any other person or monster, I’d kill it.” He says, “Now wolf, leave!” He shouts. Tao stands up.

“Goodbye Fany.” He says smiling but I can see tears welling up in his eyes.

“Bye.” I kiss him.

“Get going.” The general says.

“I'm going.” Tao says giving me one last smile and then he walks off.

*Next day

I walk into the sweet shop and find the other counter empty as I’d expected. I sigh and get to setting up shop. The customers start trickling in, the bell rings again and it’s Ashley with her friends. Ashley leans in away from the other customers, “What happened to the guy? Did he run off because he got fed up with you?” She smirks. I don’t answer but glare at her. She pales and exits the shop, I blink back tears as I return to my work. Suddenly someone hits the bell on my counter, I look up expecting to see Ashley again but there isn’t anyone except a tissue and a note. The note says: You know that I’d never be fed up with you, right? I stuff the tissue and the note into my pocket smiling slightly. I start to clean up when the door opens and Key comes in.

“Go away.” I growl.

“Just wanted to remind you that if you try to meet with Tao while he’s banned, we will kill him.” He leaves after that. If only I had healed faster, maybe Tao would not have lost hope, or had we realized that there was a full moon yesterday. It’s amazing how a good day can lead to a bad one in a matter of seconds. I walk out of the shop and go to the patisserie and buy a cake, then I go to the park and eat, a bit like the first day we met. Quite sentimental of me, I pack up the rest and go to Tao’s place. I retrieve the spare key from under a brick and open the door, as expected; it’s empty. I set the cake on the coffee table and see if I can find a sample of his handwriting and I do; it matches perfectly. I walk over to the window and look out.

“Did you really go to the trouble just to write me that note?” I ask quietly. Then I see first a shoe come to view and then a face; Tao’s face. I step back and he disappears, I go back and look for him again. I look at the floor and see him sprawled there looking stunned. He gets up and jumps back up to the window, I open it and he comes in.

“What are you doing here? Do you have any idea how angry they’ll get?” He asks.

“Do you have any idea how lonely it gets when you’re not with me?” I hug him tightly.

“I’m banned from you remember?” He says pulling away.

“I just needed to come here for a little while, thanks for the tissue by the way.” I smile.

“Oh that? You’re welcome.” He smiles.

“I left you some cake.” I point to it.

“You didn’t have to though.” He rubs his neck, “Not to be rude or anything but you really need to go, do you want possible house arrest?” He asks.

“The general is not my dad.” I protest. He shrugs but moves towards the window when the door is broken down and I see the silhouette of an angel. 

I have some silent readers here haven't I? ;) Please tell me what you think of the story, I'd love to hear your thoughts ^-^