#Case004

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case004 - 「Link Between Us II

 

DING DONG!

 

Eunhwa lift her eyelids slowly. At first, the image in front of her was totally blur. But after several blinks of eye, she could scan the whole living room.

 

DING DONG!

 

She then walks leisurely to the front door while wondered about the person that rang the bell. For a sudden, she felt somewhat nervous.

 

The feeling that she used to feel with Youngjae.

 

Youngjae? Maybe it’s him?

 

She quickly opened the door. And right in front of her was him. The person that she waited for years.

 

“Yoo Youngjae!!!” She hurriedly hugged Youngjae tightly. She didn’t want him to go from her ever again. Never.

 

“Jung Eunhwa?” That voice! He was her Youngjae. Her fiancé. She just nodded on his chest while closed her eyes. She wanted to savor this moment as it would last forever.

 

“Miss Jung Eunhwa?” She stunned. Miss? Why Youngjae would call her like that? She then pulled away from her hugs and step back from the person that she hugged just now.

 

“W-who’re you?” Then, she realized that the person in front of her was not Youngjae.

 

“I’m Lee Gunwoo, Head Detective from Seoul Police Headquarters. And this is my officer, Mr. Han.” He shone his ID card and also police badge to Eunhwa. “Umm...may we come in?”

 

Eunhwa then move aside to give Gunwoo and Mr. Han a way to come into her house. “Uh, yeah. Sure.”

 

Eunhwa then slowly closed her house door and awkwardly went to her living room to invite them to sit on her couch. “Ermm...do you guys need any drinks?”

 

“Thanks but no thanks.” Gunwoo insisted to not have any drinks. He seemed wanted to have this finished up faster. “Actually, we’re here to ask you some questions. Please be cooperating with us, Miss Jung.”

 

“Questions? May I know what is this will be regarding about?” Eunhwa was puzzled. Gunwoo saw her reaction and slightly felt weird about it.

 

“You...don’t know anything about it? About one of your student-“ Suddenly Mr. Han almost talked to Eunhwa about Eunyoung but been stopped by Gunwoo.

 

“S-student? My student?” Eunhwa shocked to hear it. Deep in her heart, she hope that all her students were safe and sound.

 

“Kim Eunyoung was found dead yesterday.” Gunwoo’s eyes stayed to look to Eunhwa’s reactions. Eunhwa seemed pretty astounded when she heard the news.

 

Was she acting? Or she didn’t know about it for real?

 

“Andwae.... Why she’s dead? She was still young; she didn’t deserve to die yet.” Eunhwa cupped her face, felt so much burdened by this news.

 

“Miss Jung. I’m sorry but we need to proceed our interrogation session.” Gunwoo apologized as he wanted to make the process in a hurry. “There’s an alibi said that she saw you were slapping Eunyoung’s face right before she walked home. Is that right?”

 

“Oh. I didn’t think there’ll be somebody who saw it as I don’t want to make this as a big issue.” Eunhwa sighed slowly. “I know I shouldn’t do that to her but...it just out of my control. She’s being too much.”

 

“Too much? May you explain what’s that means?” Gunwoo asked Eunhwa for a more detail explanations.

 

“She...” Eunhwa stopped for a while. “She aborted her baby. I couldn’t accept it so I scold her then...then...I slapped her. I used to tell her that her boyfriend was irresponsible man but she denied it. She said that he loves her.”

 

“Do you possibly have seen her boyfriend before? And how do you know that he is irresponsible man?” This time, Mr. Han asked Eunhwa about it. This case was getting more complicated.

 

“No. I haven’t got a chance to see him. But as far as I know, Eunyoung is a good girl and she is very clever. But ever since she’s in love with her boyfriend, her marks dropped rapidly and she became rude towards me and all her teachers. Besides, she also used to skip school too. I’m sure you’d know about this right?”

 

“Yeah. We’d already know about it.” Gunwoo agreed with her. “Eunyoung’s boyfriend....”

 

“He’s from wealthy family. That’s the only information that I knew about him.” Eunhwa had already gave an important clue to Gunwoo which made he smiled.

 

“It’s a miracle that you knew he was rich. It made my life easier a bit to find him.” Eunhwa nodded.

 

“I know.” Then, she just looked to Gunwoo to say something else. “Anyway, I’m really sorry about what happened when you came to my house. I mean...the hug.”

 

“Oh. It’s okay. By the way, that’s all questions that we have for you so, we’ll get going by now. Thank you for your cooperation.” Gunwoo packed his things up and went to the front door when he suddenly stopped when he saw the meals that were served ready on the dining table in the kitchen.

 

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t know that you’re just about to eat your dinner. Sorry for took your time.” Gunwoo apologized for his sudden interrogation towards Eunhwa.

 

“Gwenchanayo. I’m glad I’d clear up some things for you. I think I could eat the dinner for now.” Eunhwa opened the front door to let Gunwoo and also Mr. Han went outside.

 

Before they went away, they bowed to each other. Eunhwa the closed the door while have a thought about Eunyoung. And while for Gunwoo, he thought about the name that Eunhwa said to him before.

 

“Yoo Youngjae.”

 

“Himchan oppa.”

 

Once again, Soojung tried to call Himchan for the tenth time already.

 

“Jebal oppa....jebal... Pick up the call! Please oppa...” Soojung was almost begged for Himchan picked up her call.

 

As her hope been granted, a click sound could be heard from the other side of phone line. “Soojung ahh. Waeyo? Is there something that you want to tell me about? By the way I’m so sorry because I don’t have any opportunities to pick up your call before this.”

 

“Oppa! I-I’d a dream about Sooyeon unnie! Do you think she want to give me a hint regarding her death?” Soojung quickly asked Himchan about the dream that she experienced before.

 

Himchan chuckled. “Soojung ahh. Please be more realistic will you?” Then, he sighed hard until the sound of his breath could be heard by Soojung so clearly enough. “Mianhaeyo. Y-you understand what I meant right? I didn’t mean that you’re wrong but I don’t know-“

 

“Arasso. I know that it did sound childish and somewhat immature but I believe....Sooyeon unnie is actually want to say something to me though.” Soojung was staying still with her own opinions.

 

“Soojung ahh. May I ask you what are you doing before you had the dreams?” Himchan then slowly asked Soojung.

 

“I just hover up and down the screen to find best picture of Kim Eunyoung’s death to be insert into news tonight. What’s wrong with it oppa?” Soojung felt weird with Himchan’s type of question.

 

“Nothing. But I think that’s the cause how you got the bad dream.” Himchan then stated his point carefully so that Soojung wouldn’t be hurt.

 

“You’re not believing me, right? Sooyeon unnie-” Soojung felt embittered with Himchan. He should say that she was right; not said that she was wrong in this case.

 

“Jung Soojung. Jebal. I do love her very much. And all I want is for her best. Do you think she’ll be happy in the heaven if she got to know that you’re always worried about her here?” Himchan just cut Soojung sentence so that she learned about her sister that looked upon them.

 

“Okay. I know that. Sometimes I felt jealous with Sooyeon unnie as she got a perfect husband-to-be as oppa. How I wish to have someone like you too beside me.” Soojung then expressed her disappointment.

 

“Soojung ahh. Did I hurt your heart very much? I’m so sorry.” Himchan felt regret to say such things to Soojung eventhough he knew better how much Soojung missed her own biological sister.

 

“Aniyo. I know that you love her; and also willing to consider me as your own sister. I’m really thankful for that.” Soojung once again felt bitter when she heard the apologies from Himchan.

 

“Yes. But unfortunately...she passed away too early. And she died in front of me....” Himchan suddenly remembered that dark moment in his life. His loved one was died in front of his own eyes.

 

“Oppa! Don’t blame yourself for that incident. It’s not your fault! It’s that mad man!” Soojung quickly denied it. She didn’t want her only family left would be hurt as her sister. “Aish! How I wish he could be behind those bars as fast as possible....”

 

“By the way, Soojung ahh. The case that you told before was really have same way of killing as Sooyeon?” Then, Himchan remembered about the case that Soojung said to him before.

 

“Ne. I felt so infuriated when heard that the killer was the same person that killed Sooyeon unnie.” Himchan was in utterly shock. He just slipped his phone until it fell weightlessly onto the floor. The killer was still freely out there?

 

“Oppa! Oppa! Waeyo? Hello??” Soojung’s voice could be heard out from the phone speaker. She became panicked as she heard a loud thump sounds.

 

Was anything happened to Himchan oppa?!

 

Then, she heard Himchan’s sigh as Himchan just picked up the phone that was falling under his office table. “Oppa! Tell me; what happened just now?”

 

“It’s nothing. I-I just forgot that I have another last meeting and I’ve to go now.” Himchan quickly find the excused to stop the conversations.

 

“Oh. Okay. See you at home oppa! I’ll be waiting for you to come home!” Soojung, who still couldn’t tell from Himchan’s voice, cheerfully replied Himchan’s excuses.

 

“Soojung ahh. Don’t wait for me. Just go to sleep, ne?”

 

“Arasso! Bye!”

 

“Bye...” Himchan then held his chest, long. His heart felt so much pain when he knew the killer was still out there, aimed for the next innocent victim – as what he did to his precious love, Sooyeon.

 

He slowly whispered his love name while closed his eyes.

 

“Jung Sooyeon.”


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

Btw, this is the second part of 'Link Between Us I'