#Case013

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case013 – 「Arrested

 

The rays of the morning sun slowly began to break through the thick envelope of the mist. Himchan’s car finally arrived in front of his house, after several minutes of journey from Angel Air.

 

“Ahh...finally... Home sweet home.” Himchan smiled feebly while slowly took a step forward towards his house door, as soon as he locked his car. He then pressed the doorbell as he forgot to bring his key.

 

DING DONG

 

With that just one ring, the door quickly being opened and Soojung appeared in Himchan’s view. She looked somewhat mad with Himchan.

 

“Oppa! What happened? You never come back this late.” Soojung crossed her hands while gave her stern looks towards Himchan who was walking into the house.

 

“Mianhae, Soojung ahh. You know, I’d just got to be President’s Representative started yesterday and the works are so...” Himchan just couldn’t continue his sentences. He was too tired to be in this argue though.

 

But deep in his heart, he knew that Soojung was cared about him.

 

“Oppa...don’t do like this next time ne? I’m so worry to death as I didn’t get to reach you by call; plus you didn’t even reply to my messages!” Soojung pouted. Himchan smiled to see Soojung’s childish attitude.

 

“Ne. I promise you that, Soojung ahh~ It will never, ever happen again in the future hmm?” Himchan ruffled Soojung’s hair until her hair been in a mess. Quickly Soojung pushed Himchan’s hands aside.

 

“Yah! Oppa!!” Himchan just laughed loudly as soon as Soojung yelled jokingly at him. And his laughs did attacts Jieun’s attention from upstairs.

 

She just looked to both of them with jealousy in her eyes.

 

“Okay, okay~ Mian Soojung ahh~ I want to go upstairs and took a rest for a while ne? Later I’ll go downstairs for breakfast.” Himchan patted Soojung’s back like a caring brother before he went upstairs and meet Jieun, who was waiting for him in front of his room with a sad face.

 

“Himchan ahh...” Jieun then approached Himchan and gave him a hug. She then slowly laid her head onto Himchan’s shoulder. “I’m so worried. You know that?”

 

Himchan startled. As he didn’t know how to react by Jieun sudden hugs, he just cackled and pulled out from the hug. “Ne. Aigoo...now I have two girls who were so worried about me. Sooyeon must be so jealous if she knows this...haha.” Himchan then awkwardly laughed.

 

Jieun’s hug; did gave him a slight goose bumps. He remembered suddenly of Sooyeon.

 

“I-I didn’t mean to make you sad, Channie.” Jieun said it slowly. Himchan once again surprised. He then quickly looks straightly to Jieun’s face.

 

“Why you...no, you talk just same as her. As Sooyeon, Eunnie ahh...” Himchan was now confused. Was this just his feelings or it’s exactly was real?

 

“Really? Wow. I assume that as praise from you.” Jieun smiled as charmingly as she could. “By the way, take a rest first then breakfast with us ne? I’ll be waiting for you downstairs.”

 

Jieun then went downstairs and her gaze met Soojung’s as soon as she was in the dining room. Soojung seemed not pleased by Jieun’s arrival for today’s breakfast.

 

“What’s breakfast for today?” Jieun asked Soojung with a cocky face. Soojung just focus on her duty; cooking eggs and chicken mini cocktail sausages which are her favourite.

 

“Nothing much. Eggs and toast. And with tea or coffee; as you please.” Soojung said it as sternly as she could.

 

Jieun shrugged. “Well, I’ll choose tea then.” Jieun then took the teapot and slowly poured tea into her cup. “Tea...is the best gift from God.”

 

Soojung furrowed her eyebrows. She was pretty sure she had listened to the same sentences before, but who was the person who saying that? She just forgot it.

 

“Well, ladies~ I smell something delicious here~” Himchan then suddenly arrived to the dining room as Jieun just sipped her tea and as well as Soojung who was still thinking about that sentences.

 

“Channie~” Jieun jumped a little as soon as she discovered that Himchan was already beside her, held up the spoon along with the chopsticks; a sign meant that he couldn’t wait for the breakfast.

 

“Ja~ Here you are, Himchan oppa. Two eggs with toasts and black coffee.” Soojung then served Himchan and also Jieun, along with herself. They ate their own scrumptious breakfast happily until Himchan remembered something important to tell both Soojung and Jieun.

 

“Err...Soojung ahh. Jieun ahh.” Soojung and Jieun lifted up their head and looked at Himchan unisonly. It indeed was accidentally at the same time, but Soojung seemed unpleased by it.

 

“Waeyo? What’s wrong oppa? Did the breakfast is too...bad?” Soojung stunned. Was this would be about the breakfast that she cooked?

 

“Aniyo...” Himchan quickly shook his head. “It’s actually about one of my staff. She is actually throwing a welcoming party for her new house, so she did invite me. And I thought that I want to bring both of you along with me.” Himchan smiled brightly. He did have high expectations for Soojung and Jieun to follow him for that night.

 

“Oh. I have nothing to do today so I’m free. How about you, Soojung sshi?” Jieun asked Soojung who was still looked on her empty plate with a vacant stare.

 

“Ah? Oh...yes. Sure. I love to.” Soojung startled a bit when Jieun suddenly said her name. Then, Soojung let out a sigh, which could be heard by Himchan.

 

“Jung Soojung ahh~ Don’t worry, you can still go to SBC if you want to finished up your works. The party is on tonight.” Himchan pat Soojung’s head while been witnessed by Jieun herself regarding their close relationships between each other.

 

And she hated that. Very much.

 

“If I can’t get over you...let us....die together!”

 

The last sentences from the unknown person who was going to kill her made her body felt suddenly numb and weak.

 

SWUSH

 

All she could do was closing her eyes, and tears did escape her eyes.

 

“ANDWAEEEE!!!”

 

Eunhwa quickly opened her eyelids and woke up from the couch. Her body was fully drenched with sweats. She also did grip her blankets hard. Her eyes were wildly looking for the unknown person.

 

But there’s no even a sign or clue to his presence.

 

“It’s....just a nightmare?” She then quickly touched her whole body for an injury or even blood stains.

 

But there’s none of them. At all.

 

Eunhwa then put her hands on her chest. Her heartbeat was real fast. And she tried to stabilize her breathing because she was really couldn’t breathe properly.

 

“But it felt so real though....” Slowly, Eunhwa whispered it unknowingly. “The touch, the pain, the breath...” She shook her head continuously.

 

“It’s just a dream, Jung Eunhwa! A dream!”

 

Her heart was saying that for many times in order to let her realized between the reality and the dreams.

 

“Why me?! Who you?! – I got no answers for those questions...” Eunhwa couldn’t close her eyes anymore. She tried to forget everything and lead herself back to her deep sleep but failed.

 

She was afraid...if those dreams happened to be in real life then.

 

TICK TOCK

 

Time had passed, and she still awake.

 

TICK TOCK

 

The first light of dawn falls on her face from her house’s windows. It’s already 6:30 in the morning.

 

“Already morning...” Eunhwa slowly sighed. She had already been awake since 1:30 a.m. in the morning. She didn’t look so much good; there’s clearly eye bag under her eyes.

 

DING DONG

 

Eunhwa dumbfounded. She was actually being scared by the sudden ring of her doorbell. “W-who’s there?!”

 

Then, she heard a familiar voice form outside as soon as she went to her front door.

 

“It’s me! Kim Jaekyung, your neighbor.” After heard Jaekyung’s voice, Eunhwa hurriedly opened her door and gave a hug to Jaekyung, which made Jaekyung surprised by it. “Waeyo, Eunhwa sshi?”

 

Eunhwa muted herself for a while and broke the hugs as well. “It’s actually a relief because I can still meet you by today. Come in. I’m sorry for my behavior just now.”

 

Jaekyung smiled. “Ahh...it’s okay. By the way, you looked worse than yesterday? Is your fever getting bad?” Jaekyung then quickly put her hands on Eunhwa’s forehead. “Hmm? You’re just fine.”

 

“I’m okay.” Eunhwa held Jaekyung’s hand and put it down. “But I think....”

 

“Noona~ Jaekyung noona!!”

 

Eunhwa furrowed her eyebrows. She wondered who it was. While for Jaekyung, she was shocked too when she heard that voice. She knew that voice so much actually.

 

But she just didn’t expect for him to come in this time for sure.

 

“Give me a minute, ne? He is actually calling for me.” Jaekyung smiled shyly towards Eunhwa and straightly went outside. “Yah! You! Moon Jongup!!”

 

“Noona!” Jongup hurriedly run towards Jaekyung and showed his rotten smile to Jaekyung. “I’ve come too early, I suppose?”

 

Jaekyung flicked Jongup’s broad forehead. And that made him moaned in pain while massaged his forehead. “It’s really too early actually.”

 

Eunhwa that was stayed in her house finally made her way outside as she was curious with Jaekyung and that man out of nowhere. “Jaekyung sshi?” Eunhwa saw Jongup and awkwardly bowed slightly to him.

 

“Ahh...he is actually come here to assist me for tonight’s event. Anyway, let me introduced both of you first. He is Moon Jongup, my aide and also my workmate. I already thought him as my own brother.” Jaekyung smiled while pushed Jongup forward. “And this is Jung Eunhwa, my new neighbor or as known as my new friend? Right, Eunhwa sshi?”

 

Eunhwa smiled and gave out her hands towards Jongup. “Yeah, I’m new friend of Jaekyung shhi.” Deep in her heart, she was moved by Jaekyung introductions about her. Friend.

 

Jongup who was still awkward by the situation, hurriedly shook hands with Eunhwa. “Nice to meet you... Oh! I should call you as Eunhwa noona...if you don’t mind.” Then, Jongup touched his nose which made Eunhwa mystified for a while.

 

It’s the same habit as Daehyun.

 

“I don’t mind about it. Eunhwa noona....sounds good to me.” Slowly, Eunhwa replied to Jongup’s question. And she also tried her best to give a smile to Jongup, and also Jaekyung who was staring them with a broad smile on her face.

 

He walked slowly to his chief office. He already knew what his chief wanted from him.

 

Everything about the case made by Madman – that’s what the press called the killer.

 

TOK TOK

 

“Enter!” A husky voice from inside told him to enter the room. With most cautious, he turned the door knob and enters his chief’s office.

 

“Sit down, Detective Lee. Suit yourself. Want anything for drinks?” Chief Do Shinwoo rose up from his chair and turned to sit down by the sofa, near Gunwoo. He looked somewhat serious, but not as a beast.

 

“No. I don’t need anything.” Gunwoo politely reject his chief’s kindness to give him drinks. Chief Do smiled. He already knew that Gunwoo would most probably like to talk about the case straightly to the point.

 

“Okay. I understand. I bet you already why I called you here, right? So let me just continue to the questions. I had been informed that DNA analysis regarding the proofs is already out isn’t it?” Chief Do turned into his professional mode.

 

“Yes, Chief.” Gunwoo just answered it shortly.

 

“So, what’s your next step?”

 

“I will arrest the suspects today, Chief.” Gunwoo answered Chief Do’s questions without any hesitations in his voice. Chief Do nodded his head.

 

“Well, I hope that this case will be end faster. Do your best as usual, Detective Lee. I believe in you.” Chief Do then stood up and pat behind Gunwoo who was also stood up along with his chief.

 

Gunwoo bowed to Chief Do. “I won’t ever disappoint you and also your trust to me, Chief.” Then, he quickly went out his chief’s office and called for Mr. Han and his subordinates right when he arrived to their desk. “I’ll arrest our first suspects and I think I can handle this alone by myself. Please make sure every preparation was complete for the interrogation next.”

 

All of his subordinates were said ‘Yes sir!’ in unison. And he quickly went out from the police station, got into his car and headed straightly to the ‘prime suspect’ house after he already make sure there was no media or even press staffs followed him as Soojung did before.

 

It just took him several minutes from the police station and he looked to the house structure from his car. Eventhough his instincts said he shouldn’t arrest her, but he still need to do it as all the proofs showed to her.

 

“Jung Eunhwa...” Gunwoo closed his eyes for a second before went out from his car. He walked to Eunhwa’s house slowly until finally he was right in front of Eunhwa’s house door. Then, his index finger slowly pressed the doorbell.

 

DING DONG

 

There wasn’t any answer from inside. Once again, he pressed the doorbell.

 

DING DONG

 

Then, the door was opened widely. And Gunwoo looked to Eunhwa, with his usual stern reaction. While for Eunhwa, she just looked towards Gunwoo with her usual expressionless face.

 

“Miss Jung Eunhwa, you’re under arrest for being the prime suspect in Hong Wonshik’s case. So, you must give a full cooperation to police and... You have to follow me to the police station right now.”


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)