Deleted Scene - The Website

C&W Extended Reel [CLOSED]

prompt: baekhyun and chanyeol finally finish the website

this was originally intended for the canon but looking it over again I felt like it was a little too weak so now it’s gonna be placed here

 

 

—∞—

.

                “It’s ready!” Baekhyun announces suddenly.

                “What?!” Kris’ head snaps up. “You mean—”

                “The website. It’s finished.”

                “I have got to see this,” Tao says, bounding out of his chair and sprinting over to Baekhyun’s computer, with everyone else following suit.

                “Okay, so basically, when you click on the link,” Baekhyun says, “this is what happens.”

                “…”

                “Whoa,” Minseok’s eyes bulge, “that’s actually really ing excellent.”

                “Yeah, and the link does this cool reflection thingy if you hover over them,” Chanyeol says excitedly, demonstrating.

                “There’s also a language option that I included here under the social media links,” Baekhyun says, pointing to the tiny font underneath the Facebook, YouTube and Twitter icon, “so this entire site can also be read in Mandarin, Japanese and Korean. But English is the default.”

                “Holy .”

                “This is the newsfeed,” Baekhyun says, scrolling down slowly as the guys squeeze in and crowd around him. “It shows past events and upcoming events together, linked to the details. General info, three paragraphs of over-inflated bull compliments of Luhan.”

                “You’re welcome.”

                “This is the gallery, I just stuck a load of photos and videos from last year’s events and filed them under their proper dates. And finally we have the highlight of the site, the profile page.”

                “It’s the same group shot that you used for the home page,” Tao furrowed his brows.

                “But is it?” Baekhyun lifts an eyebrow. “Check this out.”

                He hovers over Tao’s figure amongst the twelve standing in the group photo Baekhyun had chosen from the photo-shoot, and clicks on it. The group shot fades to grey in the background as a cloud of black hexagons fills the centre of the screen, with Tao’s single shot fading in from the left and his information following behind.

                “Holy .”

                “Yep. Hope you guys don’t mind, besides our club positions and specialties I included birthdays, height, blood types, and our current programs.”

                “I’m impressed,” Kris says, taking hold of the mouse and closing Tao’s profile to experiment with everyone else’s. “This is, like, the most legitimate website I have ever seen in my life.”

                “Wait, specialties? What did you write for that?” Joonmyun frowns.

                “Anything that sounded music-oriented, you know, to keep up with appearances for the group. Like, for instance—” Baekhyun clicks at random and pulled up Jongin’s file, “Jongin’s specialty is listed as dancing, and then in brackets I added the various styles he’s good at. Whereas…” Baekhyun closes Jongin’s file and clicks at random again, “Kyungsoo’s listed for singing and beat boxing.”

                “You beat box?” Jongin looks over at Kyungsoo in surprise.

                “Sort of,” Kyungsoo says sheepishly. “I’m not that good, though.”

                “You do realize that every time you say you’re not good at something you’re actually fantastic at it, right?”

                Kyungsoo just grins and shakes his head, and Jongin usually wasn’t one to be overcome with the need to pinch someone’s cheeks but in this particular case he found himself trying really hard to force it back before he actually did it.

                “This is really, really good,” Sehun says in awe. “And it only took you guys like three weeks.”

                “Studying procrastination at its finest,” Chanyeol sighs.

                “Now all we need to do is let people know about it,” Kris says, straightening up. “We can order for those cheap fortune cookies again and have them print the website on the backside of the fortune.”

                “You can actually do that?” Jongin says in surprise.

                “Yeah. But you have to make sure there’s still a fortune on it or else people will get cheesed.”

                “So you’re all good with this, right? You don’t need anything changed?” Baekhyun asks.

                Everyone shakes their heads. “Fire her up,” Kris orders.

                Baekhyun nods, fingers typing up a storm on his keyboard for a few moments. “And…” He presses the enter button. “We’re live.”

                “YEAH!” Sehun yells, causing everyone crowding around him to flinch back. “This calls for cake. I’ll be right back.”

                “Wait, where are you—”

                But Sehun’s already bolted out the door.

                “Where exactly is he going to find a cake?” Joonmyun frowns.

                “Considering it’s Sehun, I sincerely never want to know the answer to that.”