EXTRA - The Kaisoo Day

C&W Extended Reel [CLOSED]

prompt: kaisoo celebrate their birthdays/anniversary of kaisoo day

for joy, who was very nice about me not being able to write taekai and made this blessedly easy for me to write

 

 

—∞—

 

                “Tell me again,” Kris rubs at his eyes, “why we got the bright idea to get completely and totally ing wasted on the day and place that we are mostly likely to hear a certain couple of people having mad drunk birthday in the next room?”

                “I’d be surprised that they haven’t arrived yet,” Tao says, peeking out of the window at the parking lot outside, “but I’d be willing to place my bets on the possibility of them already having birthday in Jongin’s car right now.”

                “In the middle of the school parking lot while there’s still natural light out? Yeah right, like Kyungsoo would agree to that,” Minseok scoffs.

                “You mean like Jongin would agree to that,” Baekhyun chuckles, opening up random cupboards in the kitchen. “Honestly speaking, who was more gross? Them or me and Chanyeol?”

                Everyone else in the now-cramped apartment sits in silence for a moment, mulling this over. “You guys,” Yixing says then, without academic distraction today to keep him veered away from the group discussion. “The noises you guys made whenever you started making out were obscene.”

                Chanyeol frowns. “We weren’t that noisy—”

                “No, you guys were pretty damn noisy. Take it from me. The guy who never listens to you people.”

                “I’d have to say Jongin and Kyungsoo,” Jongdae says decisively, glancing out the window with one head cocked to the side in thought. “It was one thing having the two of you swapping saliva all the time but it’s a totally different ing league having to listen to the two of them gush and be all lovey-dovey with each other. They’re so…domestic.”

                “If they don’t come in the next five minutes I’m gonna eat this cake,” Sehun says seriously as he burns holes into the buttercream frosting of the birthday cake they’d bought to celebrate Jongin and Kyungsoo’s combined birthdays.

                “You know, I might just be in with you on that one.”

                The front door unlocks then, and Kyungsoo and Jongin walk inside, with Kyungsoo holding a huge vase of pink roses. “You guys are all here already?” Kyungsoo says in surprise. “We didn’t keep you waiting long, did we?”

                “Yes,” Sehun and Luhan reply automatically.

                Joonmyun looks up from the small agenda he was scribbling in and reaches across the coffee table to flick the two of them in the head with ease, eliciting a yelp out of both of them. “Play nice,” he chides.

                “Yes Mom.”

                “Yo Luhan, where’s your booze at?” Baekhyun asks, re-opening the cupboards at random for the third time.

                “On top of the fridge, . Should’ve just gotten Chanyeol to look for it.”

                “Shut the up, you’re the shorter one too.”

                “Well, happy belated birthday to you—” Kris points a plastic fork at Kyungsoo before turning it on Jongin, “and happy early birthday to you. And just an FYI, I don’t sing, so unless Baekhyun or Jongdae feel like serenading you I think we should cut this cake now.”

                “Wow, Kris, I never realized you were so ing polite.”

                “Tao, just shut the up before I smear this cake all over your body.”

                “You know your threats have been growing increasingly disturbing lately—”

                “I’m not into singing much either, unless it’s for little kids,” Kyungsoo laughs. “It’s embarrassing when I’m on the receiving end. Unless you wanted them to sing?” he looks at Jongin.

                “No, it’s fine, I’m okay with whatever you want,” Jongin says happily, and several people in the room roll their eyes; two and a half months in the making and the idiot still carried himself like a fricking puppy whenever he was around Kyungsoo.

                “Are you sure? Cause I don’t want to stop you or anything—”

                “No, really, don’t worry about me, as long as you’re—”

                “OKAY THEN,” Luhan says loudly, “why don’t you two sit your asses over here so we can slice this er up already?”

                “Wait, don’t cut it yet!” Sehun scrambles up from his spot smack in front of the cake and moves towards the small dining table.

                “What are you doing now?” Minseok asks warily.

                “Calm down, I just wanted to take a group shot of us. You know, since we’re all here.”

                “Huh. I didn’t peg you for the type to be into that kind of mushy memory stuff,” Kris says.

                Sehun shrugs. “I figure we should have at least one photo of us sober before we start the night.”

                “Ah, so the truth comes out.”

                “’Kay, whatever, let’s just get this over with,” Luhan grabs hold of Kyungsoo’s sleeve as he approaches and tugs him down into Sehun’s vacated space, with Jongin following close behind and wedging his way in between Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

                “Everyone squish in a little more, we’re missing some people…Tao I said squish in.”

                “But then I’ll have a parasite violating my personal space.”

                “Shut the up and get in the ing picture, Tao, or I’ll make sure I’ve got you in a headlock when the camera snaps.”

                Sehun adjusts the focus and puts it on timer before rushing into the shot. “Ten seconds, ten seconds!” he says as he shoves his way to the front of the picture, half-lying across Joonmyun and Minseok.

                “Dude, watch it, you just elbowed my knee—!”

                “FIVE SECONDS!”

                “Big smiles, guys,” Joonmyun says, just as the camera starts counting down from three.

                Twelve bright smiles flash with the camera in the tiny living room of the apartment.

 

 

 

                Jongdae slams the shot glass in the centre of the table, ears tinted red. “Okay, okay, so here’s how it works, one person asks another—YO SHUT THE UP!—one person asks a random person a question and the rules are if you answer it or choke you gotta take the shot.”

                “How is this a ing game?” Baekhyun slurs as he attempts to braid the strands of Chanyeol’s hair, who was sitting on the floor in front of him.

                Jongdae stares hard at Baekhyun. “Why are you black?”

                Baekhyun explodes in a stream of high-pitched, crazed laughter. “What the —?!”

                “Now you gotta take the shot,” Jongdae cackles evilly, pouring vodka into the shot glass before sliding it across the table.

                “Ohhhhh, I get it,” Chanyeol says, before belatedly bursting out into a loud fit of laughter.

                “Wow, what the , that’s not fair, I didn’t know we started yet!” Baekhyun complains, even as he picks up the shot and throws it back with ease.

                “Yo I call first round for this one,” Kris says as he shoves Jongdae aside, who promptly falls over and doesn’t look like he’s going to get up anytime soon. “I’m still not drunk yet.”

                “Hey, hey Kris, pass me the bottle?” Kyungsoo asks, from where he’s rolled under the coffee table.

                “Uh, no, you’re already smashed and PWUAHAHAHA!” Kris suddenly shrieks, knees knocking against the underside of the table. “Dude, stop tickling me!”

                “But I want the bottle,” Kyungsoo whines, tugging insistently on the hem of Kris’ pant legs.

                “Jongin, get him out from under there, he almost spilled the booze,” Sehun says, sprawled across Luhan’s lap as Luhan his hair while staring at the table with a dazed, open-mouthed look.

                Jongin, who was completely absorbed in drumming the coffee table with his fingertips like he’s never used his fingers before (“Weirdo,” Sehun mutters), blinks dazedly at the sound of his name and stares at Sehun. “What?”

                “Your boyfriend. Get him out from under the table,” Sehun reiterates, with extreme emphasis on each syllable.

                “Oh.” Jongin tries to lean to one side so that he can peek at Kyungsoo underneath the table, but he’s already tipsy enough that he can’t keep his balance and promptly falls over onto his side, which instantly causes both him and Kyungsoo to burst out giggling uncontrollably on the floor.

                “What the , Jongin,” Baekhyun stares. “You didn’t even—how much did you—”

                “Two shots,” Sehun sighs. “He’s way out of practice so now his wimpy- dancer body can’t handle it.”

                “At least he knows what he can and can’t handle,” Kris says, tugging his feet away from Kyungsoo’s grip and crossing his legs beneath him. “Not so sure about this one.”

                “Hey,” Jongin says, between these weird little hiccup-y laughs, “Kyungsoo.”

                “Yeah?” Kyungsoo says, still giggling non-stop.

                “C’mere, I wanna show you something.”

                At that, Luhan abruptly snaps out of it, staring hard at Jongin with an increasingly alarmed expression on his face. “Wait, no—”

                “What is it?” Kyungsoo asks as Jongin grabs hold of his hands and starts pulling him out from under the table.

                “It’s a surprise, sweetie, I can’t tell you,” Jongin says, continuing to drag Kyungsoo across the floor while the elder laughs like being dragged across the floor was the most sensational experience to ever grace him.

Kris and Tao retch simultaneously at the word “sweetie,” and Luhan’s face twists into a half-enraged look of protest. “NO, NO, KIM JONGIN GODDAMMIT—”

                “I think you’ll like it,” Jongin says with a devious grin, as he makes a turn and disappears with Kyungsoo into his room.

                “YO,” Luhan hollers, trying to lean forward to tell them off with Sehun still in his lap, “THIS IS MY APARTMENT TOO YOU ING ASSHO—”

                Bang.

                “Those,” Luhan sputters, “they just—what the —”

                “Close da in’ door!” Jongdae yells, rolling back and forth in his spot on the ground.

                “Jesus Jongdae shut the up, they already did!”

                “Okay, no,” Kris pinches the bridge of his nose, “let’s start the game right now, right now cause if I hear them and I’m still sober I will flip .”

                “Okay okay okay hold up,” Minseok scrambles to the table then and grabs the first bottle of liquor within reach and fills up one of the shot glasses. “Alright who’s in this round?”

                “Chanyeol go,” Baekhyun shoves on Chanyeol’s shoulder. “You’re still sober. Do it.”

                “How am I supposed to drive home after if I drink though?” Chanyeol says, frowning.

                “Oh , right.”

                “I can drive you home, if you can’t do it later,” Joonmyun calls out then, from where he and Yixing are sitting at the dining room table and still poking at the cake with amused expressions. “Go ahead, Chanyeol, I’m not drinking tonight.”

                Kris, Luhan and Minseok all stare at him. “This is embarrassing,” Kris announces with a frown. “I’m older than you, I should be the cool responsible guy who drives you pissheads home.”

                “Yeah in’ right,” Tao spits. “You’d never drive any pisshead home, you’re the least responsible prick I ever laid eyes on.”

                “AO YOU BETTER SHUT THE UP.”

                “DID YOU JUST CALL ME A AO YOU DUMB ? DO YOU WANNA ING GO?! LISTEN UP YOU TALL MOTHERING—”

                “Oooookay, let’s get back to the game, yeah?” Yixing interrupts loudly.

                “That’s not even like half the issue here,” Minseok says as he scrunches up his nose. “Of all the things Tao could’ve insulted him with he goes for ‘tall’.”

                “Not important, look, we’ve got maybe two minutes tops before we start hearing so we should get a ing move on,” Chanyeol says as he shifts closer to the table.

                “, you’re right, let’s do this,” Kris says, crowding around the table along with Minseok, Luhan, Sehun, and Tao.

                “Okay I’ll start, get ready, one, two—”

 

 

 

                Ten minutes later Luhan, Chanyeol and Tao are one shot extra in and Kris has completely confiscated the rum bottle as the series of loud, inappropriate moans and really lame talk (which Baekhyun won’t stop cackling over as he’s being hoisted out by Chanyeol) has everyone else evacuating the premises and stumbling drunkenly down the stairs.

                “Great. The are we supposed to do now?” Luhan slurs, one hand gripping the handrail as he walked down the steps at an uneven pace, the other clenched tight onto Sehun’s sleeve as the latter kept a firm hold on his elbow in case he fell.

                “You know,” Sehun says contemplatively, “I think the dance studio’s empty right now. We could probably chill in there without getting into too much .”

                “Don’t you need to be a part of a dance group to use the studio?” Tao asks, eyeing Kris as he continues to wordlessly knock back swig after swig from the rum bottle still in his hand.

                Sehun grins. “Did you forget? We are a dance group.”

 

 

 

                Considering they’ve never been warned about clubroom noise levels before it’s a miracle, in Yixing’s opinion, that nobody’s coming to give them now. The dance studio’s been transformed into an impromptu karaoke studio, with Baekhyun, Jongdae and Luhan screaming along to Shinee’s “Sherlock” with surprising gusto and clarity, despite all the alcohol they’d thrown back, Kris and Chanyeol battling to overtake everyone else during the rapping bits, and then just everyone kind of dancing all over the place regardless of whether or not they were following the choreography.

                “This is too good,” Yixing snickers, who’s managed to confiscate the rest of the rum from Kris, considering the alarming drop in amount from when Kris had picked it up, and is recording the lot of them on his phone.

                “I didn’t realize you were one for garnering material for blackmail,” Joonmyun comments, who’s leaning against the doors behind Yixing and acting as a lookout.

                “Those guys have way too many drunk videos of me. I’m just evening out the score.”

                “I’M SO CURIOUS, YEAH,” Luhan hollers just then, grabbing hold of Sehun’s hands and spinning himself around in a sloppy rendition of a ballroom twirl.

                “I have to say, though, I’m surprised you haven’t gotten annoyed with us yet,” Yixing says, glancing at Joonmyun over his shoulder. “You always end up being the responsible one who has to put up with our . Isn’t it annoying?”

                “Not really. More so amusing than anything,” Joonmyun chuckles good-naturedly, watching as Baekhyun began to furiously head-bang in the middle of belting out the high-note. “Hey, Chanyeol, make sure Baekhyun doesn’t make himself sick doing that.”

                Yixing shakes his head. “Your infinite patience astounds me.”

                “As does your ability to drown out this kind of noise the majority of the time, but I think we can agree that neither of these things are really explainable.”

                “Touché.”

                Just then, Sehun let go of one of Luhan’s hands to pull his cellphone out of his pocket and, after squinting at the caller ID, holds it up to his ear. “HELLO?” Sehun yells over the music and screeching. “ARE YOU GUYS DONE ING? COME TO THE—NO, IT’S TOO SMALL IN THERE, COME TO THE DANCE STUDIO! THE DANCE STUDIO! IT’S IN THE ATHLETIC CENTRE, HURRY UP AND COME, EVERYONE ELSE IS HERE! WHAT? WHAAT?! I CAN’T HEAR YOU BRO—”

                “You think they would’ve just texted,” Yixing says, trailing his phone to capture Kris trying to copy Tao’s butterfly kick.

                “They’re drunk, remember?”

                “Haha, right.”

                Baekhyun runs over to where Sehun is and uses both hands to grab Sehun’s wrist, pulling the cellphone away from his ear and towards Baekhyun’s mouth. “THE NAME IS SHERLOCK HOLMES, AND THE ADDRESS IS 221B BAKER STREET,” he announces loudly into the phone, before dropping to the ground in a fit of giggles over his own joke. “GET IT? GET IT YOU GUYS? CAUSE WE’RE SINGING THE—”

                “No Sherlock.”