Son of a

Blinded

"The last time Baekhyun talked to Kyungsoo was before him and Chanyeol got together. Kyungsoo mostly focused on school work and spent time away from Baekhyun, but he understood. Having a lover means spending time with them and he knows that.

He knows form personal experience.

 

 

"Who is it?" Kyungsoo called out as he heard a knock on the door. There was no answer so he just opened the door for whoever was there. He widened his eyes as he saw the rectangular shaped smiled and eye smile that he has seen everyday for years. 

"Hi Kyungsoo-ah!" Baekhyun said finally. Kyungsoo flinched at his loudness and smiled. He has to admit, no matter how much he undersatands Chanyeol was important to Baekhyun, he was feeling a bit left out. He was really happy to see Baekhyun again, even after wanting to be alone on work off days.

"B-Baekhyun! Even if it's only been a year, it feels like forever since I've seen you! Come in~" Kyungsoo moved aside to let Baekhyun inside and take a look around the apartment. 

 

Maybe I should get a part time job aside from being an author...

 

"Where's Chanyeol?" There's a bitter taste in Baekhyun's mouth at the sound of Chanyeol's name. He smiled automatically disappeared. 

"...He.....He's not with me. Not anymore." Baekhyun bit his lip and swallowed hard. Kyungsoo was shocked to hear those words. They were so in love the last time he saw them and now he's hearing about a breakup. Baekhyun's throat was dry and was in desperate need for water and something to get his mind off of Chanyeol.

"Y-You're over? What!? Why didn't you tell me!?" Kyungsoo gripped onto Baekhyun's shoulders and saw tears b in Baekhyun's eyes and bit his lip.

"If you read my book you would know. And I didn't want to bother you from work.." Baekhyun said hoarsely. No matter how sad he still was about Chanyeol, there was a warm feeling inside of him that Kyungsoo stil worries and cares this much about him like old days. He couldn't help but give a warm smile, telling Kyungsoo it's okay. He removed Kyungsoo's hands off of his shoulder and sighed.

"..I-I'm so sorry Baekhyun. And you could've just told me anyway...Sit. Tell me everything and I have something I want to tell you!" Kyungsoo smiled to lift the mood. 

They sat down and talked about what happened between the two. A few tears were caught in Baekhyun's throat, but he managed to move on. He really does miss Chanyeol. 

 

He misses that deep voice that says "I Love You" everyday and night.

He misses the toothy smiles and laughs that echoes through the apartment.

He misses those pointy elf ears he used to tease about and play with.

And most of all...

He misses the warm hugs and kisses that gives him that fuzzy feeling inside that he calls love.

 

"Hyung...It's okay. Just move on....Now I feel awkward telling you the news..." Kyungsoo shifted in his seat uncomfortably. Baekhyun sniffed and gestured that it was okay to tell.

"Okay so while you and Chanyeol were spending time together...I found someone. A guy. And I wanted to tell you about how we met and stuff like that...Is it okay if I do? I don't want you to feel even worse.." Kyungsoo put his hand on Baekhyun's thigh like he used to. Baekhyun smiled, still loving the fact that Kyungsoo is so careful with everything.

"It's okay Kyungsoo-ah. I'm over it and I really want to hear about this man of yours." Baekhyun smirked and felt his heart stong a little to even tell a white lie to his best friend. Kyungsoo blushed a little and started to talk about "this man of his".

 


FLASHBACK

 

Kyungsoo walked down the halls with his books in his hands just barely hanging in there. He felt his arms grow sore and constantly tried to keep his stuff from slipping out of his arms. It wasn't helping that the jocks and bullies were laughing at how weak he was and even purposely bumped into him which Kyungsoo finds stupid and distasteful. He thinks if you want to bully someone, think of clever ways instead of doing things that you think are still cool from the '90s.

Kyungsoo was almost at the door that leads to outside until a boy suddenly runs into him, making Kyungsoo fall back and letting all of his books and papers fly with a knock on the back of the head.

"Ah! Oowwwiee~" Kyungsoo sat up and rubbed the back of his head, pretty sure that even harder would cause some serious trouble. 

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, are you okay!? I'm sooooo sorry! It's my fault! Here, let me help you!" The boy apologized over and over and collected all of the papers and books and pens on the floor. Kyungsoo looked up as he let go of his head. 

He had tan skin, jet black hair, and his face just represents panic. He was quite handsome in Kyungsoo's eyes...More like very handsome.

"A-Ah you don't have to do that! I can just collect my things myself. It's okay, really." Kyungsoo stumbled on his words and mentally cursed at himself for stuttering. He reached for the papers across the hall and stacked them up.

"Here you go. Once again, I'm sorry! I'm Kim Jongin by the way. Nice to meet you!" Jongin held out a hand to help Kyungsoo up. He accepted it and smiled.

"Like I said, it's alright. And I'm Do Kyungsoo!" They smiled at each other and it kind of looked like they were blushing too. Kyungsoo's blush was a lot more noticable than Jongin's; not because of skin color, but because he was trying his best to try to stop his heart from beating so fast.


 

"And we went out for coffee, bonded, and I eventually confessed to him and we've been together ever since." Kyungsoo's smiled started to fade little by little and Baekhyun noticed that.

"...But to be honest....He hasn't been coming home a lot. He has a job, I know that but..He hasn't been answering calls either. Or texts. Even if I answer a simple question, he just replies simply, not even looking at me." Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both sense something is definitely wrong. 

 

Can't be....that he's....cheating..?

 

Baekhyun knew these signs too well. There is a high possibility that Jongin might be cheating on Kyungsoo, but who knows? Maybe he's just stressed from work. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows as he thought this through. 

There was suddenly a knock on the door. It was opened by a face too familiar to Baekhyun. He widened his eyes at the sight of the face calling out to Kyungsoo.

 

No....It's not...

 

"Kyungsoo-yah~ I'm back~" 

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo smiled at ran up to him for a hug. Baekhyun stood there, blood boiling with rage. That playing two people at the same time..

"Oh Baekhyun! This is Jongin! Say h-"

"You son of a ! Who the do you think you are!? Dating the man I loved while dating my best friend!? I will ing beat the living out of you!" Baekhyun threw a punch right at Jongin's jaw. 

"Baekhyun! What the hell!?" Kyungsoo shouted with rage and confusing.

"This "Jongin", or as I know him as Kai, was dating Chanyeol while Chanyeol was dating me, and at the same time he was dating you! This ing deserves this pain!" 

"Don't listen to this ! He's lying! Chanyeol and I weren't even that serious!"

"...So...you were still in a relationship with him....At the same time as me..? Just that it wasn't serious...?" Kyungsoo's vision was blurring with tears of anger. Jongin gulped, knowing what he said just revealed that Baekhyun was right.

"Kyungsoo, it's okay. He played all of us. He's just a worthless, ty lowlife.Even Chanyeol was better than you.." Baekhyun left the apartment with rage tears were threatening to fall. He let them fall without even knowing and started to cry and sob. 

When Baekhyun arrived at his apartment, he stopped and looked at the box just sitting in front of the door.

"I Miss Him....Who's this from?" He wiped his leftover tears and sniffed before dragging it inside.

 


 

"K-Kyungsoo...I-I'm sorry, please just forgive-"

"Out."

"..W-What..?"

"I said OUT. Get the OUT OF HERE YOU ING PLAYER." Kyungsoo yelled to let out the frustration he was feeling at the moment. He felt tears flowing out without stopping. He went into his room and threw all of Jongin's stuff at him and pushed Jongin out the door before slamming it shut. Kyungsoo slid on his back to the floor, not wanting to be bothered.

He just wanted to cry and cry all night.

 

"How could I have been so stupid...?"

 


 

AN: HAPPY UPDATE~ o(^O^)o I know I haven't been updating, but my literal excuse is that I've been having writer's block and I haven't been feeling well due to lack of sleep. I might update soon? Can't guarantee it but I hope you like this chapter~ I know it's cliche but DAS MY STYLE YO

P.S: Can you guys PLEASE share this fanfic~? I really am satisfied with this story and I just want more attention on this rather than After 17 Years because damn was that just a pile of crap. AT LEAST THIS IS A GOOD PILE OF CRAP wait what. Okay yeah PROMOTE THIS PLEASE. THANK YOUUU.