Chapter 1

Almost Heaven

(you can play this song during the scene where baekhyun sang down there!)


Baekhyun sighed quietly as he looked over the calendar on his desk. Time went by very fast, it was already two weeks after the incident of his wife falling down the ground. He was very worried that something was happening on his wife, she kept losing her balance and falling down the ground without reason more often after the incident of her falling unconsciously two weeks ago. He googled the indications that his wife went through but it led him to disorder signs which made him literally frustrated. She couldn't be having a health disorder, because she looked as well as usual, it was just her durability decreasing some other times.

 

He massaged his head gently while closing his eyes to calm himself. All these were making his head pounding hard, and he barely went to sleep lately either. He spent the nights by calling his friends when they hadn't sleep yet, sometimes he had some debates with his thoughts about his wife's indications, sometimes he pretended to sleep while he didn't.

 

Suddenly, he felt a pair of soft tiny hands were rubbing his shoulder. His head turned to look behind, it was his wife Sunhee, with a weak just-wake-up smile. "Are you fine? Let's go to sleep, it's late at night," she told him while still rubbing his shoulder gently to give some comfort.

 

"It's okay, I'll be sleeping later." He faked a smile to her before he rubbed his other palm, but she seemed unconvinced and disappointed. "You have been letting me sleeping alone for a few days. Why are you so cruel to your wife? She's lonely," she purred rubbing his collarbones as he eventually stood up and gave in. Before going straight onto his bed, he went to Baekho's crib and kissed his forehead gently not to wake him up.

 

After the forehead kiss, he slowly walked toward the bed and lay down beside his beloved wife who was waiting for him. She cuddled him closer as soon as he was already on the bed next to her. "If you are thinking about me, it's alright. Everything is alright, I'm probably just tired," she convinced calmly, her voice was weak and low, and that's when he kissed the top of her head. "Now that I'm with you, you should stop talking and go to sleep," Baekhyun chuckled quietly before she pulled away a little bit and went to kiss his cheek but he moved aside slightly and made their lips met. "Oh─"

 

"Sshh, go to sleep." He closed his eyes while hugging his wife closer and smiled onto her head. She couldn't help but forming another smile and immediately went to sleep just like what he told her to do.

 

 

It was the following morning, both Baekhyun and Sunhee woke up to their son crying in a very early morning. Then again, he wasn't upset to wake up very early because of Baekho because he himself wanted to see him being hyper again. "What is it Baekho?" He approached the baby crib and carried his son in his arms comfortably. "You want to play with us already? Your mom gets tired often lately, so how about playing with me?"

 

Baekhyun brought Baekho to his bed and gave him a toy to play with as his wife walked out from the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. She smiled happily to see Baekho was playing with toys joyfully on the bed before turning to see her husband, "Go wash your face and brush your teeth, I'll wait," she gestured to the bathroom as she sat down beside Baekho on the bed.

 

He nodded and laughed before he walked toward the bathroom. She begun to watch the youngest tiniest little precious Byun family member playing with the toys. While watching him, her mind wondered that she felt like getting closer to everyone she knew for the past days like she was going to lose them. Baekhyun and Baekho were the main ones, she didn't know exactly why but she wanted to always stay near to them.

 

She remembered how she used to avoid her husband, Baekhyun, back in high school when they were young. Everytime he was trying to chat with her, she was always avoiding him for one reason that she was shy. Well, everything is different now — she loved him, she cared about him, she owned his heart and last name. Very much to her surprise, just by avoiding him, she could end up having a precious little family like this.

 

"I'm done, Baekho is going to be with appa again!" Baekhyun said excitedly, walking outside the bathroom carefully as he was wiping the towel on his wet face. Baekho, at the same time, were giggling joyfully which caused the laughs filled the room. Nothing was more precious than to wake up and laugh with your family members especially with the little boy right there, that was what both Sunhee and Baekhyun were thinking about.

 

Sunhee chuckled while getting up and kissed Baekho's cheek gently before leaving the room as Baekhyun carried his son and brought the baby toys outside. He wanted to keep his eyes on his wife at the same time, he didn't want to leave her alone with the condition which wasn't confirmed yet.

 

As soon as he went outside, he carried Baekho to the couch and grabbed the TV remote to turn it on. His eyes moved to his wife who was walking to the kitchen, he didn't know but the kicthen was his most fear. Although his wife sometimes fell on bathroom, bedroom and living room — kitchen was the place where his wife fainted for the first time.

 

He heaved a deep sigh, his eyes were back focused to the TV as he let his son sat on his lap and played with the baby toys. Not long after that, he heard a sound of something getting cooked. He hoped that she wouldn't be falling on the ground again, if so then she was possibly confirmed sick.

 

At the kitchen, Sunhee was still cooking a fried rice for herself and her husband. He loved her cooks and she knew that, that's why she always loved cooking for her beloved husband to make him happy. As a wife, she knew it has been her job to make her husband amused and happy to be with her—she remembered she was googling about how to be a good wife a few days before she got married because she was so nervous to be a wife. It made her smile to recall herself being nervous before married, well, it's normal.

 

Slowly, back to reality, her hand went to grab the salt but missed. She was sure she grabbed it on a right direction but missed it twice until she shook her head and tried to grab the salt jar, this time she was successful. After adding salts and other seasonings, she started to mix the fried rice together for a minute or two before serving it on two plates.

 

Her mind recalled back to the incident a few minutes ago that she couldn't grab something when she was sure her hand was grabbing it on the right direction. She sighed quietly and shook her head again before walking outside the kitchen with the plates. "Breakfast is ready," she announced while placing the plates on the living room's table in front of the couch.

 

"It looks delicious. Thank you, chagiya." He kissed her forehead and smiled meaningfully to her. She nodded in reply, a smile grew on her lips as a mirror to his smile, but on another side hiding her worries. After that, both started eating their breakfast together while watching TV and sometimes watched their son. Both enjoyed their moments. With an add of their precious baby's presence, it made every times more precious. Baekho was always a part of the reasons of their smiles, he could always make both of them happy even in the most upsetting moment. He always did.

 

 

 

Sun rose high on the sky, it was still 10 in the morning. Baekhyun was putting clothes on his son after he took a bath and right now his wife was taking a shower. While adjusting the clothes on Baekho, he sang his favourite song of himself and his wife dating back to when they were still newlyweds.

 

(play the song above ^_^)

I finally found someone, who knocks me off my feet;
I finally found the one who makes me feel complete,
It started over coffee, we started out as friends;
It's funny how from simple things;
the best things begin,
This time is different;
It's all because of you,
It's better than it's ever been;
Cuz we can talk it through;
My favorite line was "Can I call you sometime?"
It's all you had to say. To take my breath away...

 

This is it,
Oh, I finally found someone;
Someone to share my life;
I finally found the one - to be with every night;
Cause whatever I do, it's just got to be you;
My life has just begun, I finally found someone...

 

Baekho smiled when his father sang. Baekhyun was smiling as well; knowing that his son was happy when he sang the song of his favourite and his wife's. "It's your mother's and my favourite song. You like the song too?" He asked his son who replied with a soft giggle.

 

Suddenly, he noticed his wife was leaning on a wall watching him. He was almost blushed that time when she watched him singing the favourite song. "What do you heard?" He asked with a smile.

 

"Everything. Your voice melts me," she smiled back while approaching near him but stopped when the gate bell rang. "I'll check on it." She said walking outside the house to see Baekhyun's friends were coming over the house again.

 

"Noona!" Jongin exclaimed excitedly as if he met an idol, everyone were doing almost the same but she told them to be quiet. "Yah, don't disturb the neighbourhood!"

 

Every of them bowed and apologized that they were so noisy, she then locked the gate again and went inside the house together with the friends. "How are you doing lately?" Chanyeol concerned while walking beside her with a smile on his lips.

 

"I'm doing fine, just a couple of balance losing incidents." She sighed but still smiling as strong as possible in front of him. Chanyeol was convinced though, he nodded and smiled again to gave support. "It's alright, you can get through this. Have you meet the doctor yet?"

 

Sunhee shook her head lightly. "No, but I'll meet the doctor if it occur again. But from what I know, I didn't lose my balance yesterday and so is today; but I'm not so sure."

 

"Well, hope that'll be a great news." Chanyeol said smiling while approaching Baekho on the couch with the rest of his friends. She could see the disturbed face of Baekhyun which was funny to her, "Who's letting you to come over without calling me first?" He retorted, making her laugh softly.

 

"Suho hyung," Jongin pointed simply.

 

"Ya! This is all your idea, you say you want to see Baekho." Suho denied the accusation while retorting his younger friend and knocked him on the head jokingly.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, letting his friends be with his son as he approached his wife with a look, the plain irritated look, which was aimed to his friends. "You shouldn't really open the gate for them without my permission," he sighed giving in. "They are quite annoying sometimes."

 

"It's okay to let them be here. They are here to see Baekho, aren't they?" Sunhee glanced up to him, their eyes met, the moment was almost too perfect. He replied nodding, everytime he saw her, it's like he was back to the days when he caught himself crushing on her, he fallen for her again everytime he saw her. A sudden high-pitched giggle from his son surprised him and pulled himself back to the reality. "Yah, Baekho is super hyper today!" Suho said laughing along with his friends.

 

"Can I bring him with me? He's so cute." Sehun asked for a permission in joke while pinching Baekho's cheek gently. "Aigo, look at his puffy cheeks!"

 

Baekhyun disallowed, shaking his head. "No way in earth. I can't live without him; so don't dare to bring him with you."

 

Sehun pouted and sunk his face onto the couch's pillow but rose again with his smile growing. "Then I'll just kidnap him."

 

"Kidnappers don't tell someone they are going to kidnap, weirdo!" Kris knocked his younger friend on the head as he whined in hurt but the rest were just laughing at the scene. Sunhee leaned on a wall watching her son being taken care by people she already considered as brothers, she was glad they were willing to help her and her husband to look after the child.

 

For her, they made the house seemed alive too that they had always debate and talk about her son. "So then adopt me as a son!" Sehun grinned innocently to the couple which made her surprised as well as her husband. "You're like a brother to me, Sehun, no need to be an adoptive son. You can come here as much as you want to; as often as you want to."

 

Suho then joined the conversation with an add of his own idea. "How about sleepingover?"

 

Baekhyun was thinking to consider it, and he thought that the house has one spare guest room, it could be used for them. "Well, we have a guest room─"

 

"We're sleeping over!" Sehun confirmed already without receiving a confirmation from the house owner. Everyone else shrugged except for Baekhyun himself, he was frozen that he hadn't even finish his words. Sunhee tapped his shoulder and gave him the angelic smile he adored. "They are a great help afterall. I think we'll pay their kindness by letting them sleepover," she told him carefully and calmly in a weak low voice. "Besides, Baekho seems to like them."

 

"Alright, you can sleepover. But make sure that you don't fight over beds since we don't have enough beds in the guest room." Baekhyun reminded them as they were all nodding as if they agreed.

 

Suho glanced up. "Some of us will be sleeping in the living room if you don't mind. I'll bring a couple of mattresses and sleepingbags."

 

"So here's the rich man goes." Kyungsoo smiled softly as he was watching Baekho who was sitting on his lap. Everyone has agreed to the sleepingover plan and they went back home to grab their stuffs for sleepover.

 

 

It was now 6 in the evening. Baekhyun friends arrived a few hours ago with their stuffs, now they were all helping eachother. Some cooked for dinner, some took care of the child, some had chat with Baekhyun and the rest were helping Sunhee taking all the laundries backyard into the baskets.

 

Sunhee smiled a lot even until now. Luhan noticed and smiled along while helping her to take all the laundries with his friends Minseok and Yixing. "What are you so happy about? I mean, what's with the smile?"

 

"I'm happy that the house feels alive," she admitted proudly and looked at him before continued taking the laundries. "I'm also happy that you guys help."

 

Yixing chuckled as he dropped the full basket on the backyard's counter. "We're glad we could help!"

 

"Yeah, this is so fun than to stay at home and do nothing." Minseok replied joyfully at her statement and dropped another basket of laundry next to Yixing's basket. Sunhee smile grew widely, which they could clearly see her happiness, and was about to grab another laundry but then she missed it. Her smile disappeared.

 

"What is it?" Luhan noticed her worried face as he saw she was trying to grab the last laundry but keep missing it. He saw she stepped forward but was falling down the ground as her head hit the ground almost hard. The three friends panicked and approached her, their eyes widened as they saw blood on her forehead and she was unconscious again. "Oh my god."

 

They, without thinking anymore, immediately carried her into the house where everyone were startled to see her being carried by the three friends and her forehead was bleeding. "What happened?" Baekhyun was the most one who worried. Yixing hurrily answered. "She fell and her forehead hit the ground I think,"

 

"I gotta bring her to the hospital now. It's getting worse," he was so panic that he couldn't almost do anything at the moment. Suho grabbed his car key immediately and asked Yixing to carry her body into the car. Baekhyun followed along after locking the house's door as the others were getting into another cars. Kyungsoo carefully carried Baekho to Jongin's car along with Jongin himself and Sehun.

 

 

At the hospital, everyone were quietly waiting on the waiting seats and tried to make Baekho not distracted. Baekhyun was inside the doctor's room when his wife was being taken care by the nurses after her body was just getting checked and forehead was getting bandaged. He was now waiting for a result after his wife getting checked due to her strange indications. Not long after that, the doctor came with an envelope. "How is the result, doctor? Will my wife be fine?" He asked impatiently and worriedly.

 

Doctor sat on his chair and gave him a look of worry as well. Baekhyun was worried even more than anyone, his heart pounded fast waiting for the result. "What is it? Just tell me now, please, doctor."

 

"Sir, your wife is having ataxia."

 



Thank you so much for the support that you guys suscribed, upvoted and commented! :) If anyone wants to know what is ataxia, click here or here. I enjoyed writing this story so much yet I almost cried to think further on how this story will end up lol. Please leave your thoughts about the story so far! <3

(Also, check out this amazing oneshot request shop owned by my friend. She is so talented in writing! Don't forget to check out my other stories: Enchanted Fate and Eternal Flame.)

XOXO