Kiss Kiss

Notebook

“Kyungsoo, You have to take an extra class, everyone takes one at the beginning of the year but since you transferred here two months ago, we gave you some time to find your place before pressuring you into an extra class.” Ms. Kim was a young woman in her late twenties, she had straight black hair and pretty eyes, she always dressed properly and helped her students feel at home in their class. “I have a list of our extra classes here,” She handed him a sheet of paper with around twenty extra classes. “These classes still have a free spot for you, I would recommend the art class if you’re good at drawing, the music class if you sing well and the dancing class if you like to dance, These classes are taught by some of my closest colleagues and they are all very nice and good at what they do.” “Thank you, ms Kim.” Kyungsoo said with a smile, picking up his bag to meet up with Baekhyun who was waiting outside of the classroom, heading for lunch with him. “Do you have an extra class?” Kyungsoo asked him and Baekhyun smiled. “I am in Music with Jongdae and Luhan, who is also captain of the soccer team together with Minseok. Chanyeol and Yixing are in sports because there wasn’t any room left in the guitar department, Kris paints even though he , Tao is in material arts class which I wanted to join as well but it was full. Joonmyeon is class president so he doesn’t take an extra class. That leaves us with Sehun and Jongin, who are both in Dance class, the basketball team together with Chanyeol and Kris.”

 

“Why do some of them have more than one extra class?” Kyungsoo asked. “Oh no, Sports are activities, Minseok has a free pass for extra classes because he gives soccer practice to the little kids in the neighborhood.” Baekhyun smiles and Kyungsoo can imagine Minseok running around the field with a soccer team of little kids. “Can you sing?” Baekhyun asks as they walk into the cafeteria. “My mom told me I was good, but you know, she’s my mom.” They sit down at their table, Baekhyun slamming his hand onto the table. “Guys, Kyungsoo is going to take music class with us.” He addresses mostly Jongdae and Luhan. “Wait- I never said-.” “Sing for us, soo.” That was the moment Jongin decided to arrive at their table. “What’s all the fuss about.” He mumbles, taking a bite of his sandwich, face constricting in disgust as he throws it into the trash-bin behind them. “Kyungsoo is going to take music class with us.” Baekhyun states proudly. “You sing?” Jongin asks. “NO! My mom thinks that I’m good, But I’m not!” Kyungsoo freaks out. “We’ll be the judge of that.” Jongdae states with a wink. “Okay guys, this calls for Karaoke night.” Chanyeol screams in delight and almost shoves his drink from the table. “no….” Kyungsoo groans. “Come on, it will be fun.” Sehun says and Jongin just nods.

 

He finds himself in one of the bigger rooms that Saturday night, Jongdae and Baekhyun picking a song from the machine while Kyungsoo is having a nervous breakdown. He had stopped singing after his last talent show at his old school. Kyungsoo always had a really bad case of stage fright and the fact that everyone hated him in that moment did not help, he never signed himself up, it were the guys from his class who found it funny to sign the boy with stage fright up for the talent show to which a the entire school and their relatives  would attend to. Kyungsoo had run away from the stage and his mom had found him crying behind the school. He had to endure a couple more weeks of bullying until his mom decided to transfer him, the wound was still fresh.

 

“I have stage fright.” Kyungsoo tells Baekhyun when the elder hands him the microphone. “You don’t have to have stage fright, we’re your friends, we will support you even if you .” Baekhyun’s smile was sincere but Kyungsoo still didn’t feel really comfortable. “I’ll go with you.” Jongin said from in between Sehun and Chanyeol. “I , so your voice will come out nice next to mine.” Kyungsoo nodded lightly and took the microphone from Baekhyun’s hand. Jongin picked the song, picking the acoustic version of ‘clarity’ by Zedd. Kyungsoo took a deep breath and started singing along with Jongin, Hands shaking until the younger placed a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, giving it a small squeeze. Kyungsoo continued singing the song, not noticing that Jongin had stopped singing along with him. He forgot how much he’d enjoyed singing, totally losing himself in the sound of the piano as he sings to his heart content. When the song ends, everyone starts clapping for him and he smiles at Jongin, who gave him a thumbs up.

“Guess which school is going to win the national school talent show this year.” Jongdae said with a grin. “WE ARE.” Baekhyun and Luhan yelled as they enveloped Kyungsoo into a tight hug.

 “I need oxygen” Kyungsoo yelled as he was sandwiched in between the two males. “Take music class, please take it.” Baekhyun said, puppy dog eyes on. Kyungsoo bit his lip and seemed to over think it for a moment until he finally gave in. “Okay, I’ll sign up first thing on Monday.” He said.

 

Luhan dropped him off that night, smiling at him as they told each other stupid stories about embarrassing things. “I’ll see you on Monday, Kyungsoo.” He said before he drove off.

Kyungsoo dove into bed after covering his mom with a blanket, the poor woman had fallen asleep on the couch once again.

He woke up by rough hands shaking him awake. “Go away…” He groaned, tugging the blankets over his face. “Come on, Kyungsoo.” Jongin? Kyungsoo sat up, eyes wide and hair a complete mess. “Cute. Get dressed, we’re going to hang out today.” Jongin threw him a pair of jeans and a sweater  before he walked out of the room. Kyungsoo blinked a few times before getting out of bed to get dressed.

 

“Care to tell me how you got in here?” Kyungsoo said as he walked into the kitchen. “You mom let me in, she’s doing some groceries right now.” Kyungsoo picked an apple from the fruit basket on the shelf of their kitchen, taking a bite from it. “Where are we going, what are we going to do and was it really important enough to disturb me from my nice dream?” Kyungsoo groans, sitting down across from Jongin while munching on his apple. “Secret, surprise, yes.” Jongin said, stealing the apple from kyungsoo’s hand and taking a bite himself. “Juicy.” He mumbled. “What were you dreaming about?” Jongin asked, swallowing the piece of apple. “None of your business.” Kyungsoo said, it might have involved something along the lines of sharp jaw lines, messy brown hair, dark skin and toned muscles, but Jongin didn’t need to know. “Okay, Let’s go.”

 

They walked for a while until they reached an old, torn up building covered in ivies. “What are we doing here?” Kyungsoo asked softly, scanning their surroundings. “You’ll see, come on.” Jongin climbed onto one of the trash containers and hopped over the fence. “I-“ “Come on, Kyungsoo.” Jongin groaned, making Kyungsoo climb onto the container himself and climbing onto the fence, trying to not fall face first into the grass. They went inside trough an open window and Kyungsoo complained about this being illegal and that it wouldn’t suit him to have a criminal record which contains breaking into an abandoned house to which Jongin chuckled. “exactly, it’s abandoned, has been for years, get over yourself.” Rude.

 

Eventually, Jongin led them into a room which was covered in mirrors, a brand new stereo in the corner. “You have to promise to not tell anyone about this place, ever.” Kyungsoo blinked a few times. “Am I the only one who knows about this?” Jongin nods. “Why did you tell me?” “You seem like you can understand the reason of having your own personal sanctuary.” Oh, Kyungsoo knew alright. In his old home town, it used to be a small shed at the edge of the forest, he hadn’t found a new sanctuary though. “I do.” He responded. They sat down, backs to against one of the mirrors, staring at each other in the opposite mirror as they told each other stories, Kyungsoo being the one who talks the most. “Will you dance for me?” Kyungsoo asks as they run out of conversation material. Jongin stares at him for a few seconds before he gets up on his feet and walks over to the stereo. “Sure.” The younger mumbles

 

A fast paced song with a nice beat came from the speakers and Jongin took place in the middle of the room, waiting for the right moment to start moving. Jongin was more than just dark skin, sharp jaw lines, toned muscles and bright smiles. He could be all hard and fast movements in a moment and all delicate and elegantly in the next. The song changed into a softer song and Jongin extended his hand to Kyungsoo, offering him to dance along with him. Kyungsoo took it and let himself be pulled to his feet and against a firm chest. “Just follow me.” Jongin said with a small smile and Kyungsoo did, The two of them sliding across the spacious room, careful to not knock over the little furniture in the room. When the song ends, Kyungsoo’s head is pressed against Jongin’s shoulder and he’s listening to the younger’s heartbeat. “Kyungsoo..” Jongin whispered and the elder looked up at him, lips inches apart from each other and breaths tickling each other’s lips. “you confuse me.” Kyungsoo whispers, eyes searching for the desired emotion in Jongin’s eyes. “I know.” And he leans in, pressing his lips against the elder’s, kissing his breath away.

 

Jongin didn’t show up at lunch on Monday, leaving Kyungsoo to be unsure about his thought about what the younger had said to him the previous day, Baekhyun, being the observant person that he is, sits down next to him with a smile. “Have you signed up for music class yet?”He asks, breaking Kyungsoo from his chain of thoughts. “No I haven’t yet.” He said, smiling at Baekhyun as the elder male stood up. “Come on, let’s sign you up.” When they walk out of the cafeteria, Baekhyun’s smile morphed into a concerned expression. “You okay, soo? You’ve been all giddy and happy this morning and your mood just turned a 180 degrease.” “Jongin showed up at my place yesterday.” Kyungsoo explained before he started telling the entire story.

 

-

 

Kyungsoo’s back hits one of the glass mirrors, short breaths escaping his lips as Jongin nips and kisses at his neck, leaving a light hickey just underneath the collar of his shirt. “Jongin-“ Jongin claimed his lips again, cutting off all the words that were supposed to spill from said lips. Both boys slide down against the mirror, silently sitting on the floor, Kyungsoo in Jongin’s lap, back pressed against the mirror, only breaking the kiss when they run out of oxygen. “I might have lied that night that I walked you home.” Jongin whispered against Kyungsoo’s lips. “About this not happening?” Kyungsoo said, eyes still closed and lips slightly parted. “About us happening.” Jongin said, locking his gaze onto Kyungsoo’s closed eyelids.

 

They spend the rest of their Sunday in each other’s arms, play fighting and rolling across the floor, sharing a couple of heated kisses here and there. Jongin shared his hidden stash of instant ramen with Kyungsoo as Kyungsoo kept telling stories about his childhood. Jongin just listened, hands intertwined. Jongin eventually walked him home, dropping him off in front of the door, cupping his cheeks and kissing him softly on his lips. “See you tomorrow.” He said before walking away.”

 

-

 

“So, you feel insecure.” Baekhyun states as Kyungsoo signs the paper to sign him up for music class. “Yeah.”  Kyungsoo places the pen down and makes his way out of the administration office. “You know, it’s Monday, which means?” Baekhyun mused. “I don’t know what that means.” Kyungsoo groans as he opens his locker to get his books out. “Jongin and Sehun have PE, which means they’re always late for lunch.” Baekhyun said and Kyungsoo slammed his locker shut. “Let’s go back, Chanyeol promised to bring me one of his mom’s home-made lunches.” Baekhyun said and Kyungsoo followed him into the cafeteria, and yes, Jongin was there, hair wet and messy from his gym shower and when their eyes meet, Jongin smiles at him, that’s when Kyungsoo knows that they’re okay and that Jongin actually meant what he said the day before.

 

He sits himself down on the opposite side of the younger boy and he listens to Chanyeol’s story about his teacher blowing something up in chemistry class and Jongdae’s story about his math teacher accidently drawing a stripe on his face with the blackboard pen. Everyone laughed when said math teacher walked into the cafeteria, completely obvious to the black stripe on his face.

After lunch, Jongin swung an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder and walked him to his class. “Want to hang out this afternoon?” Kyungsoo nodded and smiled, turning at the entrance of the classroom to face the younger. “sure, where would you like to hang out?” Kyungsoo asked. “Your house?” “Sure.”

Kyungsoo entered the classroom, met with an all knowing grin on Baekhyun’s face. “I knew it.”

~

I'm on fire tonight!

Hi everybody and welcome to a new update!

Thank you for all the support that this story and 'hold you close' gets!

I love you guys!

I hope you enjoyed reading this and please anticipate the next update (Which will probably somewhere this week)