Number 21

❤ F(x), Shinee, SNSD and Exo One-Shots ❤

- Number 21 -

She sat down on one of the benches in the school’s basketball court, tears welling up in her eyes as she watched the iest girl in school, HaeRi, flirting with a Korean, but Chinese-looking boy wearing a jersey with the number 21 on it.

Many questions filled her mind - Why was she here in the first place? Was this just a waste of time? Was this the wrond decision all along?

She felt like giving up on him but it’s going to be a really difficult task. She had already fallen in love with him. 

Yes, Kwon Yuri was the girl who fell in love at first sight with a boy named Kim Jongdae, or like most people call him, Chen.

 

- Flashback -

 

“Yuri ah! Yuri ah! You’ve seriously got to try out for the school’s basketball cheerleading team!” Sora, Yuri’s best friend, came running up to her, holding a flyer.

“Nah…I don’t think so…”

“But why not?! You have the qualities of a cheerleader! That beautiful, bright face, ever so radiant. Amazing s-lines, and slim legs! And not only that! I heard Chen’s in the school basketball team this year…” she whispered the last part.

"W-what has that got to do with me?”

“Uhh…it totes has something to do with you! I know how much you’re crushin’ on him!”

Yuri quickly covered and she shoved Yuri’s hand away in annoyance.

“What?! I’m stating a fact here!”

“I know…but please speak softly Sora yah, it’s embarrassing…”

“Hmph! I’m not going to listen to you! Unless, you promise to try out for the team.”

“Aish…fine…when are the auditions?”

“In about thirty minutes,”

“Bwoh?! Thirty minutes?! I-I can’t!”

“Too bad! OH and did I mention? I already entered your name!”

“Yah!!!!”

“Mianhae! But you’ll do great! I’m sure of it! I gotta go for lessons now…annyeong! Kwon Yuri, hwaiting!!!” Sora screamed before dashing off to class. Yuri literally facepalmed.

‘How can I audition in only thirty minutes? It’s impossible! Ugh! Kim Sora!’ she thought.

 

Thirty minutes passed just like that with Yuri debating whether or not to audition. She looked at the time on the school clock. Time for the try-outs. She sighed and trudged into the gymnasium to put down her bag and waited for her name to be called, which didn’t take too long.

“Well let’s see who’s next- Kwon Yuri? Are you here?” A high-pitched voice called out. “I’m here ma’am,” Yuri stated and raised up her hand.

“Good. Okay, I’ll play a random hip-hop song and you have to dance so we can test your flexibility. Add in stunts if you’re comfortable with it.” With that, music was played and Yuri, always having loved music, busted out cool moves that not only impressed the judges but the other students who were there as well.

 

The next day, the results were released and Yuri, of course was accepted to join the squad. She smiled, knowing that she would get to see Jongdae every training session.

Now, Yuri is just getting heartbroken every training session. She joined because of Jongdae, she picked the number 21 cheerleading in a way uniform, because of Jongdae. Now, that there is a possibility they will never be together, she might as well quit.

After training session that day, she had a talk with the coach.

"Uhm, sorry coach, but I think I should quit. It's for personal reasons and I hope you will understand." She uttered with a heavy heart. "But you've been doing extremely well! It would be a pity don't you think?"

"Yes, I agree. It would definitely be a pity, with that talent." Yuri heard a familiar voice from behind and her heart started racing.

"Oh, Chen! See, Yuri? Even he can see your talent."

"Really? T-then I-I shall continue to stay on the team."

Yuri cursed in her mind. Kim Jongdae! Why are you making me like this?!

"Come on Yul! I'll walk you home! Bye coach!" Chen held her by the hand and the both of them made their way out of the training centre.

 

"Yah, what was that for?" She mumbled, but loud enough for Chen to hear.

"I was just thinking that it would be a waste of talent, you know, I really like your stunts." He blushed.

"Chinja? Oh, thanks, I think you look awesome when playing basketball."

Yuri virtually facepalmed for acting like a weird person. More like a stalker.

Chen let out a small laugh and the rest of the walk was very silent. None of them knew how to start the conversation.

"Uhm...Yuri ssi, y-you're single, right?" He broke the long silence, and she replied with a 'yes'.

When they reached Yuri's house, he turned to face her and placed his hands on her shoulders. Yuri gasped at his sudden action.

"Kwon Yuri, I like you and I really mean it. W-would you be my girlfriend?" 

She could sense a hint of nervousness in his voice, but he managed to mask it pretty well.

Yuri's cheeks turned a crimson red as she shyly nodded.

"Asa!" Chen exclaimed as he handed Yuri a small piece of paper before pecking her on the cheek and running off.

"I'll call you tonight!"

 

"Wait, so how did you know my number?"

"Easy, Sora gave it to me. In fact, she mostly planned the whole thing. That girl is so smart."

"Seriously? Wow...no wonder."

"But she most definitely did not plan the confession."

Yuri laughed, of course Sora didn't plan that. If she did, it would be more 'extravagant'.

"Oppa, I'm sleepy now. Can I please go to sleep." She yawned.

"I'm not stopping you, of course you can, angel."

She cringed at the last word, but nonetheless, liked it.

"Good night, Yullie, saranghae."

"Good night, ChenChen, 1-4-3."

That's what Yuri decided on as she still couldn't get used to the whole 'I love You' thing. I'm pretty sure she will, though. Very soon. Especially with the help of her best friend, Sora.