Her Laughs

❤ F(x), Shinee, SNSD and Exo One-Shots ❤


- Her Laughs -

Ever since Xi Luhan transferred to Seoul HighSchool 3 years ago, there was only one person whom has caught his attention. The girl who would always laugh a lot, bringing warmth and joy to everyone around her.

She is none other than the beautiful and innocent, Im Yoona.

Nobody could tell whenever she was feeling down as there was always that lovely smile on her face which every girl would be jealous of.

She was also very popular among the boys...including him but the thing is, he was always being bullied, for very stupid reasons. Just because he has a baby face, he was considered a sissy by all the boys. Even his friend, Sehun, felt embarrassed being around him sometimes and would deny being friends with him in front of the others.

"Don't get it the wrong way guys! I don't even know him!" he would say and then walk away, leaving poor Luhan dumbfounded.

Today was no exception and like always, after school, he went to the music hall and poured out all his sorrow. He did not even care if he looked like a kid. He just couldn't hold it in anymore.

Little did he know, Yoona was there, practicing her dancing and she was definitely shocked when she saw him crying in one corner of the hall.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms wrapped around him followed by a soothing voice.

"Wae are you crying?"

He looked up with his teary eyes and saw Yoona, again with a lovely smile plastered across her face.

"A-aniya...it's nothing." he replied, wiping off his tears.

"I'm sure there's more to that," she said, letting go of him.

He did not reply and just looked down on his fingers while blushing. 

"Hmm...do you like bubble tea perhaps?"

He nodded cutely, still refusing to look at her.

"Okay then! Let's go get bubble tea to cheer you up! My treat!" she exclaimed, grabbing her coat and school bag.

"Come on...let's go!"

He took his bag and got up to follow her.

It was a 10 minute walk to the nearest store selling bubble tea which was pretty convenient for the both of them.

"Ahjussi! I would like 2 cups of bubble tea with pearls please! Kamsahamnida!" she thanked him and handed 1 cup of the delicious bubble tea to Luhan.

"谢谢!!!"

"Let me guess...that was a thank you?"

He smiled and nodded in agreement before sipping the drink.

"You should smile more often Luhan ssi! You look better like that." she stated, sipping the drink as well.

"Neh? Oh...kamsahamnida Yoona ssi!" he blushed.

"Call me Yoong." she corrected.

"Sure...Yoong, but how did you know my name?" he questioned.

She giggled before pointing at the name tag on his uniform.

"O-of course...uhh...it's getting late now...I gotta go now...see you tomorrow!" he gave her a tight hug before whispering a 'thank you' into her ear and running off.

She blushed madly and went home.

Ever since that day, Luhan and Yoona began to hang out more and he also became more confident because of the supportive Yoona who never left his side in bad or good times.

Over that period of time, both of them began to develop hidden feelings for each other too.

How badly Luhan wanted to confess to her, but was too scared.

Yoona looks like the kind of girl that is less likely to be jealous but its a whole different perspective when it comes to Luhan. Especially if another girl comes up to flirt with him or what not.

Also, because of that jealousy, it led to a misunderstanding involving her sister, YoonMi.

  

"Luhan! Let's hang out after school today! It's my birthday!"

"Arrasso! I'll wait for you at the school gate."

After school, Luhan was waiting at the school gate when YoonMi came up to him saying that she wanted to discuss something important.

"Luhan ssi, this is a secret okay? Yoona's birthday is today and I have planned a surprise party for her. I need your help to put up the decorations. It's a beach party. So what do you think?"

He agreed without hesitation as they had a really strong brother-sister relationship and nothing beyond that. Besides, she was also older than him. In other words, his noona.

"Gomawo!" she gave him a tight hug and he happily returned it.

Unfortunately, at that moment, Yoona just came out of the school building and saw the both of them hugging. Jealousy, anger and sadness overpowered her instantly as she stared at them with tears in her eyes.

"So this was it all along..." she whispered to herself before running home and locking herself in the room. She just wanted to escape the cruel fact that she had to face. Luhan and her beloved older sister, YoonMi, DATING. 

Luhan texted her a short message, not wanting to reveal anything about the surprise party. 'Sorry Yoong but I can't hang out with you today! I've got something important to attend to...'

Yoona read his text and smirked. 'Important?! You could have just told me you were going on a date with YoonMi unnie...' she thought, tears filling her eyes once again as she threw her phone on the floor.

"Life Is So Unfair!!!" she screamed before crying herself to sleep.

Few hours passed and it was 6 o'clock when her phone rang.

Yoona got up reluctantly and picked up her phone from the floor.

"What do you want." she answered in an annoyed voice.

"Yoona yah, I'm having a party at the beach. All my friends are here. Wanna come?" YoonMi asked, lying of course.

"No."

"Aw...come onnn! I know you wanna come!" after much persuasion, Yoona agreed. "Assa! Quickly get ready!"

"Ara ara..." Yoona went into the bathroom to get ready and changed into a comfortable outfit which consists of a loose top and shorts. She grabbed her phone, wallet, and headed out.

"So Luhan? When are you going to confess to Yoong? It's about time...how about today?" YoonMi asked while touching up the decorations.

"I'm not that sure noona, what if she rejects me?"

"Well you won't know till you try right?"

"Maybe...maybe I will..."

"Good...himnae!"

Yoona got in the taxi and called YoonMi.

"Unnie, I'm on my way there." 

"Chinja? Okay...see you then!"

"Bye..."

"Yoona is coming! I repeat! Yoona is coming!"

Everybody waited excitedly for her arrival.

"Woah...what is all this?"

All of a sudden, the lights went on and the banner flashed 'Happy Birthday Yoona!!!'

Everybody clapped and shouted in unison a 'Happy Birthday!'

Yoona smiled and tears rolled down her rosy cheeks as she hugged and thanked everyone present at her party.

"Enjoy the party everyone!!!" she talked into the mic on stage.

30 minutes into the party, Luhan saw Yoona sitting by herself, enjoying the wind.

He sat next to her and handed her a drink.

"What are you doing here all alone? Shouldn't you be with the others?" he asked, confused.

"and shouldn't you be hanging out with YoonMi unnie?" she rolled her eyes, ignoring his question.

"Wae are you being like this? It's your birthday!"

"but it's true isn't it? You should have just told me that you wanted to go on a date with her instead of hang out with me...ON MY BIRTHDAY." she emphasised the last part.

"I s-still don't understand...I'm not dating her that's for sure."

"Sure..." she replied coldly.

"Uhm...Yoong? I want to tell you something..." he went onstage and spoke into the mic.

"This song is called 'Into Your World' and it's dedicated to someone special."

Towards the ending of the song, he walked down the stage and up to her. After the song ended, he held her hand.

"Yoona, I really want to thank you for always being by my side and never leaving me. Truthfully, I've liked you ever since I saw you...your laughs really attract me and It was love at first sight so today I want to ask you. Would you go out with me?" 

Some girls were squealing and taking pics while others were facepalming because of how cheesy his speech was.

Yoona teared up. This time, not because of anger, jealousy or sadness but instead, happiness.

"Yes!" was the only thing she blurted out.

He pulled her into a tight hug before claiming her soft lips.

"Saranghae, Im Yoona..." he said, after pulling away from the kiss.

"Nado saranghae...Xi Luhan..." she replied, blushing madly.

"So you never dated YoonMi unnie?" she asked as they walked along the shore, hands entwined.

"Of course not Yoong. She's like my older sister and nothing more than that."

"Mianhae...for not believing you..."

"It's okay Yoong...but I can't believe you were so childish. Jealousy? Wow..."

"Yah! You call me childish?!-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, he ran away from her.

"Catch me if you can!"

"Why you little-" she chased after him but tripped and fell on top of him.

The both of them just laughed.

YoonMi watched them from afar and chuckled. "Aigoo...those two. When are they going to grow up...still so childish."

"Come on YoonMi! Let's take a pic together!" one of her friends exclaimed.

"Okay!" she secretly took a pic of Luhan and Yoona and went to her friends.