Match

The Midnight Rose

Removing the bun of her hair, Yoona sighed at her now long wavy hair. Brushing through her mane with her skinny fingers; she picked up her bag- slinging it onto her shoulder. It had been a tiring day in school and apparently her ballet instructor was in terrible mood, needless to say anything since she had demanded Yoona to practice her turns till perfection.

It was eight and the entire school was barren, and quiet- maybe too quiet to be comfortable. With fast motions Yoona closed the ballet studio’s room behind her.

Peeking through the dark school corridors, the petite girl had a plan plotted in her head.

“Just run down the corridors as fast as possible, Turn left; open the door and you’re out! You can do it Yoona” – She whispered to herself in form of an encouragement.

Holding her bag in a tight grip, Yoona closed her eyes and ran across the dark corridor, turning towards the left to exit the school- she crashed into something rock hard. The impact made her stumble and fall back but a strong grip pulled her back to stability before she fell. Yoona slowly opened her eyes in fear upon hearing a soft thud.

Looking at the hand that was grip on her arm she winced at the pressure; her savior had seemingly been using to hold onto her. Yoona tried wiggling out of the painful grip but it only became tighter.

“Ouch~” –Yoona whimpered as her eyes teared a little with fury. Why would someone do that? 

“Let go. You-”, looking up at the owner of hands; her eyes went wide.

Standing there majestically, with undoubted fury in his eyes- Minho continued applying pressure on to his grip; hurting his student in the process.

“Mr. Choi? What…What are you doing? Please let go it hurts”

Minho’s deep frowns soften a little as he loosened his grip on Yoona but nevertheless kept his hold on her. The thought of losing her again seemed to hurt.

“What are you doing here?!” -he slithered in a menacing manner, momentously forgetting that he was in a frame of a human.

“I..I was just going home”, chocking onto her words, she felt a rush of blood flow down her arm as her history teacher finally released his grip on them.

Looking into her professor’s eyes, Yoona could swear that it felt as if she was looking into the eyes of a predator. His eyes were telling her to run away from him but his hand was still around her restricting her from moving.

Minho, heard her soft voice ring at the side of his ear but that didn’t prompt him to snap out of his train of thoughts.

How could they be these similar?  Their voice, the spot of darkness in their gem like hazel eyes, their tears. Everything was supposed to be perished together with that last drop of blood. Acutely letting of his grip on Yoona’s arm; he turned around feeling his blood boil in the process.

“Hurry up and leave!” –he spit out as bile started forming at the line of his throat. They were burning; commanding him to dig his fangs into her fragile neck.

All Yoona could do was to nod to herself and leave as her hot-headed teacher had instructed but as she was about to leave, she saw a piece of old crispy paper abandoned on the floor. Bending down she picked up the paper which looked so much like a photograph from the past.

It was dirty and dry but nevertheless it looked classic. Getting curious Yoona turned the picture around to see the picture but as soon as she got a glimpse of a lady in the picture- it was snatched away from her.

“Miss Yoona, it would be better for you to leave now. Unless you want to spend the rest of the week in detention” –his voice came out in a constraint manner as he held tight onto the crumpled piece of photograph.

Yoona’s eyes widened as she bowed to her weird history teacher before running out of the door without uttering a single word. The very next second he heard the glass door close behind him, Minho’s un-fallen started flowing down his cheeks.

 “At what audacity, did you ever think that leaving me was okay? If you hated me; you should have killed me instead of allowing me to die every single second.”- He whimpered like a hurt animal while looking straight at the lady in the picture.

It had been centuries since he last cried, but today’s encounter brought him agony like no other. That girl somehow had everything his lover once had. She was yet again giving life to the dead image in his head.

His brain knew that were both two different beings but his heart kept screaming to him about them being the same. Did she really come back for him; just like she promised?

 

***

Walking into school earlier than any day; Yoona scurried into the empty classroom.  Today’s first lesson was History and she wasn’t sure if she wanted to face her bipolar professor but something inside her head kept telling that there was more then it seems to be.

Laying her soft bag on the desk, she lowered her head and placed it on the bag. She had been thinking too much since the encounter with Minho two days ago; and her head was starting to hurt too much. Momentously looking at her wrist-watch Yoona sighed heavily.

“Why did I come to school these early? Aish” - It was only six at dawn, and class only started at eight. Trying to enjoy the quietness she closed her eyes briefly as the old wind that somehow managed to enter the classroom lullabied her to sleep

As if on cue, the History teacher walked in the classroom- wanting to get things ready for class like usually did. When he saw Yoona sleeping form; a tiny smile sprouted at the corner of his lips.

The innocence showed on her sleeping face was adorable, it was clear that her peaceful and serene dreams were blocking out the dangers of the outside. Her soft breathing somehow made his entire world seem to stand still.

Setting down his files on the teacher’s desk, Minho pulled a chair towards Yoona’s table sitting right opposite of her.

On natural reflex, Minho reached out to brush away locks of rowdy hair away from her face. His long index finger ran across the side of her face all the way to the crook of her neck. Pushing away her long thick hair that was guarding her pulse, Minho drawled his thumb over Yoona’s pulse.

“Will your blood fulfil my growing needs?” - The temptation had become too painful to control. Minho’s eyes turned into its original color of crimson gold as he felt his fangs pushing their way through his gums.

He wanted her that very instant; he was more curious than ever; to find out if even their blood would taste the same. He wanted to taste the same sweet and warm flavor that he lost ages ago and somehow something was screaming at him that what he wanted was right in front of him.

Images of his fangs crushing on to his lover’s neck fluctuated in his head as he felt the warmness travelling down his throat down to the pits of his stomach.

He had thought that the sweet crimson blood he missed dearly was no longer tangible but now this young stranger had the same effect on him. Her blood was calling out- they were screaming out to him.   

As every second went by, he started evolving into the vampire he really was. He wanted to have a taste of her blood. He wanted to know if they were going to taste just as sweet. Unknowingly to himself, Minho somehow knew that Yoona’s blood was going to be the same and he knew if that was true; he wouldn’t let her leave him.

If their blood matched, she was his forever.

“You’ll be mine forever~” – Minho whispered as the last bit of his fangs sprouted out and he lowered his mouth to the crook of her neck making it comfortable for his to sink  them into her soft skin.

“I’m so sorry my love”

With one swift motion he opened his mouth wide to pierce his fangs in when- he heard a loud bang. Startled he turned to check on the reason of interruption for a millisecond before turning back to focus on Yoona’s neck where he saw an awoken Yoona.

Her eyes wide open and awake as they roamed down his dark sharp features till his mouth. And he clearly saw her eyes widen two times their size. 

 

Hi, i hoped you like the update. I know my writing is a little rusty right now but i promise i'll improve. Please leave a comment below if you want me to continue the story :)