Lizzy receives her letter

Idols Go To Hogwarts! {hiatus}

Idols Go To Hogwarts (School of Witchcraft and Wizardry)

Chapter Two

 

written by kerin67

(FYI: For those who are not aware of Lizzy’s Korean name, it is Park Sooyoung. Her name in the fanfic will be Park Lizzy ^^)

Tik Tok. Tik Tok.

1 second..... 2 second..... 3 second......

11 year old Park Lizzy was sitting on her bed, peering out of her bedroom door. Her parents were in the living room, talking seriously about a letter she received earlier.

“It has been already 15 minutes since they told me to go to my room! They should tell me what the letter, which was clearly addressed to me, is about!” Lizzy whined to herself.

She hated having to wait. She was not a patient person, especially when she was being kept in the dark.

“Lizzy, dear! We need to talk to you about something important.”

Lizzy’s ear perked up when she heard her mom calling her. She ran out to the living room with a big grin on her face.

“What do you want to talk about mommy?”

Her father, Chris, patted the seat next to his. “ Sit down honey. This is something serious.”

Lizzy’s face automatically darkened. Something serious? Did her teacher tell her parents about the time she ‘accidently’ painted his hair pink? Did she get caught punching the girl next door? Or worse -- was she finally going to be disowned by her parents because of all the trouble she caused?

Shaking slightly, Lizzy walked over and sat down next to her father. She took a small look at her parent’s faces. They didn’t look too angry.

Actually, they didn’t look angry at all. They looked shocked. Pleased. Happy.


A long silence filled the air. Her mother was the first one to speak up.

“ Dear, umm... this may come as a big shock to you. But your father and I am sure you will be absolutely excited to hear this news. It is something very serious, and we do give you choice to do whatever you want. Do you understand?”

Now, Lizzy was absolutely confused. She had a choice in what? In being disowned? Why would she be excited for that?

“Ummm.....mom.... I have NO idea what you’re talking about..” She said, tilting her head sideways.

Her mom gave her a gentle smile and handed her the letter.

“I think you should read this first. It would clear some things up. We will talk about it later.”

Lizzy grabbed the letter as her parents exited the room. She opened the letter slowly, unaware of what was going to come.

Dear Ms. Park

  We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.   
   Terms begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

We are aware that you are muggle born (muggle is a term we use for those who are non magic.) Please don’t worry as there are a lot of other muggle born witches and wizards in Hogwarts.

Attached is a brief description of the magic world and Hogwarts. We hope to see you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress

( Credit to JK Rowling for this passage. )

Lizzy’s eyes widened as she read through the letter.

She... she was a witch?!

But... aren’t witches and wizards fake? Just stories that people make up? Fairy tales?

And if there were witches and wizards....why would she be one?

Lizzy pulled her hair in frustration. This was all too confusing.

Lizzy ran to the kitchen where her parents were.

“MOM! DAD! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!”

Lizzy exclaimed, not being able to control her different emotions.

Mrs. Park smiled at her daughter and crouched down in front of her. She took her daughter’s hands and held it.

“It means exactly what is says. A magical world exists. You are a witch. You have been invited to go to a magical school to learn magic and become a successful witch, dear.”

Lizzy’s eyes brightened when she heard her mother.

“I really am a witch?! I’m going to learn magic!!”

Her father chuckled behind. “ Yes baby. You are going to learn magic.”

“WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!” Lizzy jumped up and down. She always loved fairy tales. She dreamed of having magical powers-- being able to transform things and lift things off the ground. And now, she was going to do everything she wished to do.

“I’m going to go make a list of things I want to do! Things I want to buy at that place called Diagon Alley! I’m going to have so much fun at Hogwarts!”

Lizzy gave her parents a long hug after running to her room, hugging the letter tightly.

Mrs. Park and Mr. Park laughed softly at their daughter’s behavior.

“This would explain so many things, Chris. Lizzy was always such a troubled kid. She would always get into fights, do extraordinary things, and manage to get away with many things. And all along, we thought she had a problem. I’m so glad that our daughter is not what we thought she was.”

Mr.Park hugged his wife, patting her back to reassure her.

“ Don’t worry. Our daughter is one special girl.”

 
Author's Note:
Hello~ Kerin67 here
I hope you enjoyed Lizzy's point of view ^^ It was a hard chapter to write.
Please tell us -- do u guys want us to write each character receiving the letter or just jump to the part where they go to diagon alley or go to platform nine 3/4?
THANKYOUUU ^^
Please subscribe and comment below~