The Sun Will Come Out

Until the Sky Falls Down On Me

Chapter5.jpg

Chapter 5: The Sun Will Come Out

            Young Do squeezed the polar bear he could only describe as an oversized cotton ball. With his eyes closed, he sniffed the scent of fresh lemon and herbs that stained the polar bear; the same scent that wafted from Hea Woo.

            In his sleep, Young Do frowned at his disappointing dreams. The memory of Hea Woo hugging some guy was held fresh in his mind. His frown sank towards his chin, deepening his unhappiness.

Unhappiness.

It was a word he was familiar with, alright. His mom had left him with his devilish father. His father had hit on many women that weren’t his mother. He failed at impressing his crush, who thought of him as some kind of tormenter. His father was now imprisoned.

And now, he lost his second crush to a guy selling cotton candy.

            Young Do grimaced in his sleep. He felt like one of those guys in dramas who always go after the girl and is always there for them, yet the girl goes to the other guy. He felt like that, with Eun Sang and now Hea Woo.

            Suddenly, the waiting room door slammed open, and Young Do became immediately alert of the unfamiliar weight on his shoulders.

            Young Do’s face was buried in the fur of the polar bear, his hand grasped around the belly. But when he looked at his shoulder, he saw Hea Woo’s head on his shoulder.

            Young Do was aware of the nurse standing by the door, babbling away, but he blinked at Hea Woo’s face. He felt as if this was going to be the only he could look at her this close. 

            Even in her sleep, Hea Woo’s eyebrows were furrowed in a serious but cute way. Her nose twitched a little as she breathed, which he found amusing. It was like a bunny twitching its nose, but the way Hea Woo did it comforted Young Do in a way.

            Then he looked at her lips.

            They moved a little as she breathed, opening a little as she exhaled. They pouted a little when she didn’t. Young Do stared at them, until he felt Hea Woo stir.

            Young Do jumped, pushing Hea Woo’s head off his shoulder just before she opened her eyes.

            The push was harder than it needed it be; Hea Woo’s head bounced of Young Do’s palm and slammed into the chair’s arm.

            “Apa!” Hea Woo rubbed her head and squint her eyes. Startled, Young Do blinked and stuttered a sorry.

            The nurse at the doorway crossed her arms, her lips pursed. Young Do and Hea Woo froze, and gaped at the nurse.

            “I’d hate to interrupt this but,” she said agitated, “Song Kwang Sun has woken.”

            Young Do choked a laugh. The way she said it was as if Kwang Sun was the kraken.  The kraken has awoken…

            Hea Woo couldn’t hold back a smile. “The sun has come out,” she muttered, and followed the nurse with Young Do.

            Hea Woo’s eyebrows knit together in angst, fearing the condition of her brother. But as she pushed past the nurse and Young Do, her heart skipped a beat.

            Kwang Sun’s cheek was stitched, his arm was in a cast and so was his leg, and his forehead was a swollen blue, but Hea Woo couldn’t be happier.

            “Kwang Sun!” Hea Woo embraced him, showering him with kisses. Kwang Sun cringed as Hea Woo kissed him right on his bruise.

            “Unni, can you stop? I’m okay, and you’re embarrassing me,” Kwang Sun blushed as he looked towards Young Do and the nurse.  

            Hea Woo crinkled her nose as Young Do chuckled. “Can you give us a minute?”

            Young Do and the nurse left and walked down the hallway. Even down the hallway he could hear Hea Woo wailing, “I thought you were dead!”

            It wasn’t the ideal thing to say to a 14 year old who just got hit by the car, but as always the way Hea Woo said it was comforting yet amusing.

            Young Do headed towards the garage of the hospital to get his jacket from his car. Just as he stepped outside, a blood red car pulled up to the hospital.

            A. Blood. Red. Car.

                Young Do clenched his fist as he saw the passenger’s seat window roll down.

            He was ready. He was ready to fight this bastard that almost ran over Hea Woo and Kwang Sun. But he wasn’t ready for this.

            Young Do’s eyes widened as he caught a glimpse of the car driver.

            “You like the car?” 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys. This was a really short chapter and I bet there's a few mistakes in there that will be prominent, but I'm very busy this week. Thanks for reading though!