Chapter 23 : Frustration

CAN'T ESCAPE

 

 

At night, Yen tucked herself for a good sleep, she didn’t want to think too much of the ‘big’ day that would be happening the next day. She just wanted to try to make her night as normal as possible, since it could be the last time, before everything else gets controlled by other people.

 

She was in the middle of a good night sleep when someone entered her bedroom and poked her several times.

 

“Hey,” Changmin whispered. “wake up.”

 

Yen grunted and squinted her eyes at him.

 

“It’s 5am, time for our plan.” Changmin grinned. He was wearing a coat, which simply means, he was ready for a leave.

 

“Where are we going?” Yen sat up slowly.

 

“Well, somewhere but here.” Changmin shrugged and motioned her to get up. “Fast now, before they all wake up.”

 

**

 

“Where exactly are we going?” Yen was now sitting on the passenger’s seat inside Changmin’s car. They were droving off.

 

“Well, far enough from where the party’s gonna be, and you’ll get to stay there, for two days.” Changmin said, his eyes focused on the road.

 

Yen got nervous, she felt uneasy. What if her grandpa would get mad at her? She didn’t know the limits of his patience, nor the ways he showed his anger. “Is this fine? I mean, is this alright we do something like this?”

 

“Why? Are you backing off now?” Changmin raised his eyebrow.

 

“No, not that, but – “

 

“I’m trying to help you, well, not really help ‘cause I’m going to benefit here. Just imagine their reaction when they realize you’re not there to attend the engagement party, I definitely would find it amusing.” Changmin chuckled.

 

Yen heaved a sigh and looked out the window. She wasn’t sure if she still wanted to continue it, but they were far from the house now, backing off could only mean, Changmin getting mad at her. She thought of Seungri, wondering if he would be attending and go with the flow. Yet she thought he wouldn’t. He probably would be out with his girls, flirting with them. She clenched her fist. “Can I be lost for one week?” she told Changmin.

 

**

 

Changmin parked the car near a huge house. “This is my friend’s house. I’ll leave you here, while I stay there trying to act innocently. I’ll have to get your phone so they won’t be able to trace you.”

 

Yen nodded in approval. She was more than determined now. She needed to stay away from her grandfather’s plans, and stay away from everyone else for a while.

 

“Well, I told my friend about this already, so don’t you worry. Um, actually he’s my cousin, and your cousin. I told him about the plan and he jus laughed it off, but he said he’ll cooperate, let’s get inside.” Changmin went out of the car and pressed the doorbell. Yen followed behind him. “So, just use my, I mean our cousin’s phone if you need help.”

 

Yen just nodded in approval.

 

The gate opened revealing Seunghyun. “So, you really are serious about your plan?”

 

“Don’t tell this to anyone, I’m going to pay you don’t worry.” Changmin said.

 

“Pay me? What will you pay me?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Well, let’s discuss it sometime later.”

 

**

 

Once Changmin arrived back to their house, he saw the pure chaos their plan had brought to them. The house were filled with most of his gradnpa’s men, the others readying their cars to leave, maybe look for Yen. Changmin went out of his car.

 

“What’s happening?” He asked his auntie, sounding so innocent.

 

“Yejin’s not in her bedroom, she must have left, ran away. This is not good, the engagement party is today.”

 

“I’ll help looking for her.” Changmin said and he went back to his car with a smirk plastered on his face.

 

**

 

“What? She’s what?” Seungri was startled, frozen in spot where he was standing inside the house with his mother informing him about Yen’s disappearance.

 

“They said she might ran away, they didn’t found her inside her room.” Seungri’s mother added. “They’re trying to look for her, hopefully they find her before the – “

 

Seungri bolted to his room and he picked up his car keys and headed to the parking.

 

“Where are you going?” Seungri’s mom followed him and watched him rev the engine.

 

“I’m going to look for her.” Seungri said.

 

He looked for Yen first in the amusement park, in her school, then even in the Ramen House but she wasn’t there.

 

“She didn’t say anything to me, she didn’t tell me if she’d be running away.” Chorong informed when Seungri went to the Ramen House.

 

Seungri pulled over at the side of the street. He wondered if Yen’s fine, if she did really ran away, what if something bad happened to her? He started driving again. Yet he didn’t have anymore clue where to find her this time.

 

**

 

It was nighttime, the engagement party got cancelled. Yen’s grandfather rested in his room since he wasn’t feeling well.

 

Changmin went to his room and called Seunghyun. “How’s my sister?”

 

“Is everything fine there?” It was Yen.

 

“It is the opposite of what fine is.” Changmin chuckled. “The party was cancelled, congrats! No just wait for another day, and I’ll pick you up from there.”

 

“But what will I tell them when we get back? I’m scared of what grandpa could do, it feels like I don’t want to go back now.”

 

“If you needed more time, then you can stay there longer, but grandpa’s men are looking for you, still I’m sure they won’t be able to find you, what I am thinking of is if they’ll ask for police men to find you, that would cause a commotion.”

 

“I think I probably should just go back.”

 

“I’ll just tell them you called in an anonymous number, then you said you’re fine.” Changmin dropped the call and went to the living room where his auntie was reading a magazine.

 

“I received a call from Yen.” Changmin sat on the couch.

 

“You did?” Changmin’s aunt’s eyes widened. “Where is she? We have to pick her up, is she – “

 

“She said she’s fine. She didn’t tell me where she is, but she said she just needed some time, she’ll be back soon she said.” Changmin uttered.

 

“I don’t know what to do with her, what she did is a mistake, I don’t know what her grandpa would do to her, but I am just certain it won’t be pleasant.”

 

**

 

Yen was inside Seunghyun’s house, she suddenly asked if she could go out for a while and have a walk. She went out, it was nine in the evening, the cold wind brushing over her skin, good thing she got a jacket. She wanted to unwind, to clear her mind from all the troubles she couldn’t surpass. She wished she would never have to get back. She saw a bench after walking for ten minutes. She lied on the bench, looking up at the distant stars, she wondered if she could get her past life back.

 

She was busy thinking when suddenly someone stood just at the side of the bench, she tilted her head and to her surprise, it was Seungri. Yen swiftly sat. “What are you doing here?”

 

Seungri was looking at her, yet she couldn’t explain what he was thinking or feeling right now. “Shouldn’t I be asking that to you?”

 

Yen stood and faced him, she gave him a glare. “Whatever I do, wherever I go, it’s none of your business.” She was about to walk away but Seungri grabbed her elbow and dragged her to his car. “What are you doing!? Let me go! I don’t know how you found me but I am not going back now!”

 

Seungri stopped, he turned to her. “Do you know what you’re doing? You worried everyone! I thought you were kidnapped, I thought something happened to you, I thought you killed yourself!”

 

“You’re just mad because I did this the day the party is happening! Why? You felt humiliated?” Yen shouted back.

 

“I don’t care if you won’t go to the party! But what you just did, running away like this, it’s immature do you know that!?” Seungri heaved a deep sigh.

 

“You won’t understand me, you’ll never.” Yen pulled away his hand. She turned and started to walk away.

 

**

 

Updated!

 

@Sweetsailish yes, and another update.. kkk..xD Thanks for reading!

@panda_jana ahaha yes,xD he should, maybe..:3 Thanks for reading!

@yenisvip12 yes, hahaha..xD but he brought you with his evil plan LOL..xD Thanks for reading!

@musiclover251 ahaha xD to hide LOL..xD he’s kinda evil..hahah xD well, we’ll see what Seungri will do!^^ Thanks for reading!

@cezheartsyou haha yes..:3 Thanks for reading!

 

THANKS EVERYONE FOR READING, SUBSCRIBING AND LEAVING YOUR COMMENTS!