Chapter 22 : Plan

CAN'T ESCAPE

 

They arrived at the racing track. Seungri killed the engine. Yen went out of the car immediately with a frown on her face. Seungri trailed after her and he intertwined his fingers with her. Yen looked at him, surprised and annoyed.

 

“Will you let go of my hand?” Yen tried to jerk his hand away yet Seungri only tightened his hold.

 

“Why? Do I look like I have a disease? Don’t worry, at least we’ll die together.” Seungri grinned.

 

Yen scoffed. “Die alone!”

 

“Yah! What do you like, coke or iced tea?” Chorong approached them, behind him was Doojoon.

 

“Coke.” Yen said. “And, he will take a gasoline so he could kill himself.” She pointed at Seungri. Chorong gave the both of them a what’s-your-problem look.

 

“Coke too.” Seungri told Chorong.

 

“Okay.” Chorong nodded. “Let’s go inside.”

 

Yen gave Seungri a glare. “Let.go.of.my.hand.”

 

Seungri let go of Yen’s hand, then he put his arm around her shoulders. “This is better.”

 

Yen heaved a deep sigh. She knew Seungri was trying to annoy her, and she shouldn’t be letting him. She ignored him.

 

They went inside and sat behind the fencing right just before the track. Yen and Chorong sat together. Seungri was behind.

 

“Who are the two guys with Youngbae oppa?” Yen asked Chorong.

 

Chorong narrowed her eyes to get a clearer view. “Ohh, that one is Jiyong oppa and the other is Daesung oppa.”

 

Yen nodded.

 

“So, how is your relationship with Seungri oppa?” Chorong leaned closer to Yen and whispered.

 

“We don’t have a relationship.” Yen said disgustedly.

 

“But he looked like he’s serious about you eh?” Chorong took a glance at Seungri who was playing a game on his phone. “Aren’t you going to consider?”

 

Yen gave an are-you-kidding look at Chorong. “He’s like that to all the girls, when he’s tired playing he’ll just leave me. And I think I’ll just wait for that day.”

 

“Aigoo, don’t be too judgmental, he’s acting like he’s really serious. He even brought you here, I mean, he’s taking a lot of his time for you.” Chorong grinned.

 

Yen didn’t know what to answer. Seungri got her confused. She didn’t know already if he was being sincere or he was just bored. Maybe he was just trying to play. She didn’t want to be part of his list of girls. And she had a lot of problems right now that she was uncertain whether she’d want to try a relationship with him.

 

“You might give it a try, it won’t harm.” Chorong suggested. “Let’s say, you’re going to get married soon, you should at least be in good terms, you know marriage is not easy.”

 

“But my grandpa thought it was.” Yen grimaced. “I’ll just have to go with the flow, after all Seungri promised me that he’ll let me live how I want once we’re married.”

 

**

 

The whole day ended fine. Yen and Seungri were driving back home.

 

“Can I just – sleep in your house?” Yen blurted. “I don’t want to go home yet, I got no one to talk to there after all.”

 

Seungri glanced at her before focusing back on the road. “You have to call your grandfather, better ask for permission.” He sounded uninterested.

 

“But you can ask him? He’ll favor you. He will agree right away. If it’ll be me, he’ll think I am planning something.” Yen looked at Seungri worriedly.

 

“I already helped you.” Seungri said impassively.

 

“Why are you like this? I thought you’re going to help me? Why are you acting like you don’t care all of a sudden?” Yen asked. Seungri didn’t speak.

 

There was silence until they arrived at Yen’s house. She opened the door of the car. “Thanks for taking me home.” Yen said, emphasizing the word ‘home’. Then she slammed close the door and walked fast inside.

 

**

 

Inside the bedroom, Yen slumped on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Was there any way she could get away from everything? She thought Seungri would help her, but it seemed like he changed his mind. She wished she didn’t clung in that hope, because it was the only left, and right now, she was left alone to face her problems.

 

She wished when she sleep, she wouldn’t wake up anymore. After all, sleep was far better than reality. Reality seemed like a nightmare for her. She closed her eyes and waited until she drifted off to sleep, wishing the next day, everything would change – wishful thinking.

 

**

 

The next morning.

 

“Oh Yejin, come here sit with us.” Yen’s grandfather was talking with her aunt in the living room. Yen half-smiled at them before sitting at the far edge of the couch.

 

“Your auntie here has finished the arrangement for your engagement party.” Yen’s grandfather grinned. “It will be tomorrow, so far you don’t have anything to worry, go invite your friends.”

 

Yen was starting blankly. Everything was so surreal. She was too young for this, she got too many dreams, and they came all shattered because of this decision.

 

Changmin suddenly arrived . “Why is there no cooked food in the kitchen? Can anyone tell me?”

 

“Changmin, just go call a fast food or restaurant and ask for delivery. I gave the maids a day off today.” Their aunt said.

 

“Day off? All of them?” Changmin’s brows creased.

 

“Maybe you can just bring your sister with you, and eat outside.” Their grandfather let out a smile, asking for assurance. Yen was sure Changmin would disagree.

 

Changmin snapped a look at Yen and his grandfather. “Me? And her?” his tone was like as if it was a joke. “Well, okay, go dress up in five minutes, I’ll ready my car.” And he walked off.

 

Yen was surprised. She wondered if he was planning on dumping her on the streets or maybe spilling a soda on her clothes.

 

**

 

Yen and Changmin went to a Japanese restaurant. They dined in a table for four.

 

“I’m in the mood to eat some sushi.” Changmin grabbed his chopsticks and started eating. “Why?” he stared at Yen who seemed to have no plans of eating. “Yo don’t like here?”

 

“No! no, it’s not that.” Yen waved her hands signaling it was fine. “I’m just wondering, why all of a sudden you became nice.”

 

“Well, I’m hungy.” Changmin said as he stuffed some food in his mouth. “When I’m hungry, I can be kind, mad, I don’t know.”

 

“Is that supposed to be a joke?” Yen asked.

 

“No, it’s a fact.” Changmin said.

 

Yen just smiled and started eating. It was fine having a company. Though she knew she couldn’t open up at her brother, he seemed to be uninterested in everything that was happening to her.

 

“Hey, you fine with the engagement thing tomorrow?” Changmin suddenly asked. He glanced at yen but he didn’t linger his eyes for a long moment at her, he was too busy eating.

 

Yen tried to sound bright. “It’s fine. Not like, I can do anything about it.”

 

“Oh, but we can do something about it if you don’t want.” Changmin suggested. “You in?”

 

“Why – wait, are you helping me?” Yen looked perplexedly at him.

 

“Not really, I mean, I can help you out. It’s not only going to benefit you after all, it’ll benefit me.”

 

“What do you mean it will benefit you?”

 

“Well, grandpa won’t give me the car I want, I want a new model, and yet he told me I can’t have one unless I prove myself to the others I am worthy of being the President of the company, I hated it. He’s trying to dictate my life, I mean, our lives. I think maybe some little rebellion won’t hurt, would it?” Changmin grinned. “So, what do you think?”

 

“I think I’m in.” Yen smiled, she didn’t know what he would be planning, but all she wanted was to get out of all this even if it would mean a little humiliation coming from their family.

 

**

 

Updated! I am sorry for not updating fast.. >.< forgive me..>.< I’ve been stuck reading a novel and it got three books and I don’t know.. it just got me crazy @.@ lol sorry! xD so now back to updating! Sorry fi there are typos! I haven’t proofread this chap.. >.<

 

@cezheartsyou yes someone was indeed jealous..lol Thanks for reading!^^

@bigbangdonut ahaha yes he is.. :3 Thanks for reading!

@Sweetsailish awts! Thanks for anticipating my update!*-* thank you thank you!! :3 Thanks for reading!

@panda_jana yes, and I’ll try to update long chapters!*-* yes he is.. :3 Thanks for reading!

@yenisivp12 ahaha yes.. :3 well, it showed just how he felt..:D Thanks for reading!

 

THANKS FOR READING, SUBSCRBING, AND FOR DROPPING YOUR COMMENTS! THANK YOU!