Thursday

7 Days of Falling in Love

"Mom, I'll go to school"

You yell out after wearing your shoes. When your mom says 'be careful' from kitchen, you walk out of your house and is welcomed by the fresh morning air. Nice day, you think to your mind. You walk slowly to the bus stop while humming EXO - Growl and really enjoy the atmosphere that morning. 

You are about to turn left when all of sudden a motorcycle stops in front of you then you automatically close your eyes and scream.

"Kya....."

"Saejin!"

You open your eyes and see Yongguk is laughing. It turns out the motorcycle that surprised you is Yongguk's.

"You scare me!" You pout.

"I'm sorry." He stucks his tongue out and you can't help but think that's y. Then you mentally slap your face after thinking like that.

"Ehm..what are you doing at this early morning?"

"I want to take you to your school. Come on. Wear this helmet!"

Yongguk offers you the same pink helmet that you wore yesterday. You accept it and stare at it for a while.

Yongguk looks at you curiously. "Why?"

"I don't ask you to be my driver, do I?" You ask him playfully.

"You don't but I want to. So, get on it now!"

You nod excitedly. You get on to his motorcyce then fasten the helmet to your head.

"Are you ready?"

"Yessss!!!" You reply more excited than yesterday and get Yongguk's y laugh in return.

Along the way to school, you admire Yongguk's back. It looks so tough, strong, and muscular despite his body is arguably skinny. Not to mention it looks so warm to be hugged. You ask yourself how it feels to hug his back. And you freaking in love with his scent. For you it's so Yongguk; manly, masculine, and fresh. You widen your eyes then smile like an idiot because of your thoughts.

Yongguk's motorcycle stops in front of your school gate. You, undeliberately groan and for the first time ever you protest why your house is too near with your school. You get off his motorcycle lazily and gives the pink helmet to him.

"Thanks." You mumble softly.

"You're welcome. Ehm, Saejin, are you free after school?"

You feel happy all of sudden with a hope he probably will take you home again later. "Yes."

"Great. I'll see you after school." He your left cheek and you swear it will totally turn out to be red.

"Hm okay!"

"I'll go to my school or I'll be late. See you later."

He gives you a warm smile then close his front helmet. He salutes before taking off with his motorcycle.

And today you feel like like you have a reason to smile all day long....

****

"Saejin, please just tell me will you?" Bomi is pouting cutely while digging her ice cream in cafeteria during break time.

"There's nothing interested between us!"

"But you like him right? Or well let's just say you're atrracted to him?" Bomi keeps forcing you to tell what's happening between you and Yongguk.

You giggle seeing your bestfriend is impatient about your love life. "I guess so..."

"So, what's your plan to get his heart?"

You roll your eyes. "Isn't it him who has to make a move first?"

"I can tell he's already made a move, girl! You have to give him a lot of attentions!"

"Should I? But..I don't know much about hmm you know about love. Should I always stalk him like you always do to Chanyeol?"

"I don't stalk him! It's just that Chanyeol is really hard to get."

You laugh again. "That's why don't give me advice when you haven't had any progression with him."

"Ugh...I hate you, Saejin!"

***

The last subject for the day and you really want it to be ended as soon as possible. You keep glancing to your wrist watch. You smile again when you remember how sweet he was this morning and you feel like you miss him even more. How can it be like that when you don't meet him only for around seven hours? Ah..is being attracted to someone this hard?

You feel vibration from your bag. You take your cell phone carefully and you notice that you get a LINE message. From Yongguk!

In front of your school already :)

You gasp. Oh my God, he's here already. What to do? You feel nervous and excited at the same time. You take a look at your wrist watch again.

10 minutes more :)

And it's really the longest 10 minutes of your life.

You feel like you want to jump when like finally the bell is ringing. You hurriedly take your bag.

"I'll go first, Bomi!"

"Say hi to Yongguk!" You hear she yells playfully.

You make a face to her while running outside class. You keep running and just stop when you're about out of gate. You breathe heavily and try to calm yourself. "Behave, Saejin!"

Then you walk gracefully toward the school gate. You can't understand why your heart keeps beating fast everytime you see him. It's not like the first time you see him but he always make you nervous.

"Hi. How's school?" He greets you along with a smile that you swear you love so much.

"Nothing's special. How about yours?"

"Not special at all."

"Why? Because you can't wait to meet me?" You .

"Is that what you felt all day long at your class?"

You frown. He teases you back and the worse is he's right.

Yongguk laughs and put the pink helmet at your head carefully. "Let's go. I'll make your day better."

"Hm? How?"

He doesn't answer you right away instead he gets on his motorcycle and motions you to do the same.

You make sure the helmet in your head is fastened then you get on his motorcycle. "You haven't answered me yet."

"Let's have delicious food."

"Where?"

"You'll know later. Ready?"

You nod and you see he smiles again.

Yongguk's motorcycle walks slowly. You can feel the wind and a bit surprise when you can still smell his gentle scent. It's almost faded but you still love it. You don't want it to be awkward then you start to make conversation.

"Where are we going exactly?"

"My favorite place to eat."

"Is the food there really delicious?"

"Yes. Delicious, cheap, and the place is comfortable. That's why I said it will make your day better."

"Hmm okay."

"Saejin!"

"Yes?"

"Hang on okay!"

You barely understand what he meant when all of sudden his motorcycle speed up. You almost lose your balance because of that sudden surprise. In case you won't fall you place your hands around his torso and hold on it tightly for your dear life. Your cheek also leans on his back without your awareness while you're closing your eyes.

"Sorry, are you okay?"

"Yes." You cry out while keep holding on his body.

"Isn't it feeling so much better like this?" He giggles then you feel a firm hand on top of your hands. That hand, which is Yongguk's left hand, is holding your hands tightly, as tight as the way you're holding Yongguk's body.

Then you realize Yongguk sped his motorcycle up on purpose, so that you can hold on him. You feel angry and nervous at the same time. Angry because he scared you and nervous because you're currently backhungging him and you two are definitely having a skinship. You gulp, don't know what to respond to Yongguk.

"Let's just stay like this okay?"

He takes his hand away from yours. You loosen your grip but you keep holding him from behind. It's that what he asked and you have no intention to stop it either.

"You scared me earlier." You whisper to him.

"Sorry for that. But now you're safer!"

You slap his back playfully and he just laugh.

Three minutes later, his motorcycle stops in front of a small shop. You get off while observing the front of the shop. It looks like this place is selling rabokki.

"Let's get in!" Yongguk says while ruffling your hair.

You follow him. And a woman arounds 50s greets you two excitedly.

"Oh My God~ Yongguk!! Long time no see you! Wow, who is this beautiful girl?"

You blush when that woman turns her attention to you. You bow your head mannerly then look at Yongguk confusedly. Seems like Yongguk and this woman are close.

"Yongguk finally has a girlfriend eh? You're so beautiful. Yongguk is seriously having a good eyes on girl."

"She's hmm my friend!"

That ahjumma laughs. "So still friends for now huh? Have a seat you two. I can't believe Yongguk finally has a girl. Wait here, I'll give my best rabokki."

You see Yongguk scratches his hair and asks you to sit. He sits in front of you the looks at you apologetically. "Sorry about that."

You only laugh. "You look like you visit this place a lot."

"I often come here with my friends. Rabokki here is the best. Trust me! Hmm actually....." He stops.

"What?"

"Hmm I bring you here, not only for eating but also because I want to know more about you. Maybe we can talk about each other while we eat?"

You two look each other then you smile. "Sounds okay. Maybe we can exchange questions for each other."

You see Yonggu smiles widely. "Great idea!"

The shop's owner comes back and brings a large bowl. Yongguk helps her by bringing and putting that bowl in your table.

"So what's your name, beautiful girl?" The owner asks you happily.

"Saejin. Kim Saejin."

"Ah..you know you're the first girl that Yongguk brought here. Even I lost count how many girls that his friends had brought here and introduced to me."

You hear Yongguk coughs awkwardly and that woman pats his shoulder. "I can see she is a nice girl, Yongguk. Don't wait too long. Enjoy the rabokki you two. I'll go to the kitchen."

You can see how awkward Yongguk is and it's amusing to see. You smile secretly while taking the chopsticks and taste the rabokki. "Hmm...you're right this is sooooo good!"

Yongguk looks a bit relax. "I told you!"

"So..hmm is that what she said true?" You look at him carefully.

Yongguk stops eating. "About what?"

"About you never brought a girl here?"

"Ah...yes."

"Hmm so it means you brought girls to another places then." You .

"That's also true."

You roll your eyes and see Yongguk is back eating excitedly.

"Really?" You ask him again.

"Are you jealous?"

You dumbfounded. "Why....should....I?"

He laughs. "Nothing. I lied. I never had a girl!"

You see sincerity in his eyes. You play your chopstick in the bowl.

"Saejin, tell me about your family."

"Hmm...I don't have any sibling. My father is an accountant and my mother is a middle school teacher. Oh I have  dog named Sunshine!"

"Sunshine? Why is it named like that? Is it a boy or a girl?"

"It's a girl. Because everytime I play with Sunshine, she brightens up my day." You giggle.

"Ehmm I envy Sunshine then." He smiles teasingly.

"Don't be. Tell me about your family now."

"I have twin."

You cut his words. "Wow? Really?"

"Yes. His name is Yongnam. I have a sister too. And my parents runs a family business."

"Wow...does your twin really looks like you?"

"Yes, but he's not as attractive as me." He laughs out loud.

"Aww how can you say that about him? Do you and him have same hobbies or same dreams or etc?"

"Ehm..sort of. I love basketball and he loves swimming. Oh he has a girlfriend already if you wonder!"

"I didn't ask that!"

"Just for your information. His girlfriend is also a swimmer. Seems like his ideal type of girl is athlete because all of his ex girlfriends are doing sports!"

"I didn't ask that too but you said you're more attractive so why you never had a girlfriend?!"

Yongguk becomes silent. "I'm waiting for the right girl who can move my heart."

"Ah...but I really want to see you and your twins."

"Someday, you can meet him. So, what's your favorite subject in school? Science?"

"Bingo! I love all about science!"

"I hate them. I only love English oh and P.E."

"Science is cool."

"Sorry for me is boring! Math is okay but the other are no no."

You snort at him. "Do you love music?"

"Music is my other life besides basketball. I have band too. Sometimes I write songs."

"You serious? Wow!"

"I'll show you later. I love hip hop but sometimes I love melancholy songs too. How about you?"

"I love good songs not a fan of particular singers or bands. And I kind of love singing."

"Are you good at singing?"

"Maybe. According to my friends who went to karaoke with me, they said my voice is good. Even though I don't think so."

"We shall go to karaoke next time!"

"Should we make a bucket list?!"

"That's sound nice too. Saejin, do you like basketball?"

"No."

"But why did you watch that match when we met?"

"I was forced by my friend who wanted to watch and support her crush."

"You don't have any crush at the boy in your basketball team too?"

"No."

"So you don't have any crush at all?"

"I guess."

"Why? Are you picky?"

"You really have a lot of questions huh?"

Yongguk laughs again. "Sorry, just curious. You're beautiful so it's kind of unbelievable you never had any boyfriend."

"Maybe same with you. No one who could move my heart."

"Did I make your heart move?"

Yongguk looks at you now and suddenly your mouth feel dry. He keeps looking at you and waiting for your answer.

You smile before you answer his question. "You already know the answer."

Yongguk returns your smile. "Let's finish this rabokki."

"Wait..."

Yongguk looks at you curiously. "What?"

"Is rabokki your favorite food?"

"No. I love all foods as long as it's edible. Why? You want to make some foods for me?"

"I can't cook!"

"Seriously? I even good at cooking."

"Then you should make a food for me instead." You act cutely.

"Hmm cooking together sounds a great idea. Put it on our bucket list."

You and him laugh together. Yongguk puts some of rabokki to your bowl and you two keep eating while talking. That's not good actually, talking while eating, but you and Yongguk are just have a lot of words to say to each other.

***

"Thanks for today." You say while getting off from his motorcycle.

You put the pink helmet off and offer it to Yongguk.

"Save it. It's yours now."

"Eh?"

"I'll pick you up tomorrow so wear that helmet again!"

"Ah..alright." You smile happily.

"Thank for today. It's a totally a great day."

"I feel great too."

"I'll be going. And don't forget about our bucket list."

You laugh again. Oh how many laughs already that you made because of Yongguk. "I'll keep that in mind."

"See you tomorrow morning?"

"Yessss.. See you."

"Don't miss me!"

"I won't!" You stuck your tongue out.

"I won't miss you too! Bye Saejin!"

"Bye Yongguk!"

You see Yongguk and his motorcycle until they are out of your sight. Then you realize you miss him already