Tuesday

7 Days of Falling in Love

You look at the clock on the wall then look outside the window of your classroom.

“Someone can’t wait to meet Bang Yongguk.”

You hear Bomi mumbles beside you. “I’m not.”

“You are. Don’t lie. It’s not like I’ve never fallen in love.” Bomi pats your shoulder.

You sigh. You stop paying attention to what your teacher says. Damn it, you never feel a ing five minutes can’t be so long like now. Is Yongguk waiting for you in front of the gate again?

The bell is finally ringing. You can’t help but feel happy. You feel excited yet nervous at the same time. Also, you are afraid what if he doesn’t come like he promised yesterday.

“Bomi, let’s go!”

“Sorry, I can’t go home with you. Chanyeol is waiting for me.”

She giggles and you are more nervous. You are not ready to see Yongguk alone.

“Fighting, Saejin! Tell me later about Bang Yongguk. Get it?” Bomi hugs you then runs outside the class.

You take a deep breath.  ‘You can do it, Saejin. Bang Yongguk is just a human like you. Fighting!’ you say to your heart.

You walk to the school gate slowly.  You bite your bottom lip, your habit when you’re nervous. You hold your sling bang tightly. And then when you are finally arriving at the school gate, you see him. He’s leaning on his motorcycle while folding his hands on his chest. It seems like he isn’t aware yet you are already here. You try to examine him carefully from head to toe. Everything about him is perfect.

He looks up and you two look at each other. He smiles instantly when he sees you. You stop walking and wait him to approach you. And he does.

“How are you today?”

Damn, his y voice makes you melt. You look at his eyes and they are twinkling.

“Not bad. How about you?”

“It was bad earlier but not anymore when I saw you!” He smirks. He teases you.

You laugh. “Are you always this cheesy?”

He laughs as well. “Hmmm maybe. I never noticed before until now!” He rubs the back of his neck.

Yongguk takes something from his pocket pants. A permanent pen and offers it to you. You take the pen even though you don’t understand what for.

You look at him confusedly. “What is this for?”

He shows off his left palm. “Write your phone number here!”

You don’t understand what he thinks yet you comply what he told you. You write on his palm. His hand is warm. You feel like its heat sparks to all of your body.

You give the pen back to him when you’re done. You still look at him confusedly.

“Thank you.”

“You could ask my number and save it in on your cell phone.”

“But I want to feel your soft hand again.”

“Stop being so cheesy.” You hit his arm unconsciously.

“Wow, you like having skinship  huh?”

“What? I’m not!” You pout.

“Hmmm seems like I have to go now. I have a basketball practice. Please wait for my call.” He walks backwards to his motorcycle. “See you soon, Saejin!”

 

*******

 

You are currently on the bus to your way home. You look outside and don’t realize that you are smiling all along. Your mind is full with Bang Yongguk, with all his perfections and his cheesiness. It’s the first time you feel like this. Now you understand what Bomi feels every time she sees Chanyeol.

You feel something is vibrated on your bag. You take your cell phone and you just got a message.

 

From: 010-446-01***

Kim Saejin!! This is my number. Save it please. I’ll call you later

From Yongguk, your future boyfriend :p

 

 

You laugh out loud. Don’t care with other passengers on that bus who are looking at you weirdly. This boy is crazy. But he’s successfully making you crazy in love.

You keep smiling and blushing. Ah so this is what love feels like….

 

*******

 

You are currently lying on your bed while reading a novel. But you swear, your mind keeps flying somewhere.

Your phone is ringing. And Yongguk’s name is on the screen. You smile again then pick up his call.

“Hello!”

“Hi”

Oh goodness, his voice sounds ier on the phone. Yo can’t help but feel your heart is melting again and again because of this Bang Yongguk.

“Hmm….What are you doing?” He sounds hesitate.

“Just reading a novel.”

“Oh I thought you waited for my call.”

“Ehmm not really.”

“Not really still means you waited you know!”

“Hmm whatever, Bang Yongguk! You’re annoying.”

He laughs. Oh his y laughter. “Hmmmm..I really don’t know what I shall talk to you. But I want to hear your voice.”

“Like I  said, don’t be too cheesy please.”

He laughs again. “Sorry. This is the first time I call a girl.”

You widened your eyes. “Ayyee don’t lie.”

“I don’t. What should I though?”

“I know some of basketball players. And typical like you, most of them are players. They have many girlfriends.”

“Is that so? I know some like that too. But I don’t think I’m one of them.”

“Do you think I will believe in you?” You smile and .

“You don’t have too. I know some girls are chasing me aggressively and that’s kinda turning me off. That’s why I don’t really feel to have a relationship”

“Ummm but you are who aggressively chasing me right now!”

You make he laughs again. “That what makes me confused. Did you say some spell to me?”

You are speechless. Actually what Yongguk just said reminds you of your own situation. You have so many guys who are willing to do anything to win your heart. But that makes you are afraid of them. And when you met Yongguk, you were suddenly under his spell as well.

“Why should I? Do you think I’m a witch?”

“Beautiful witch to be exact. I’ve met so many beautiful girls before, but this is the first time I feel like this.”

You both then are in silence. You hear of each other breath. You clearly don’t know what to say yet this silence seems so perfect.

“Saejin?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you busy tomorrow after school?”

“Yes, I have science club meeting tomorrow. Why?”

“Wow..you must be a smart girl.”

“Errr not really, I just love science. And please not all the people who love science are nerd okay?”

“I didn't say you are nerd. So when will your club meeting end?”

“At five. I ask again, why?”

“Perfect. I will finish my basketball practice before five. So see you tomorrow!”

“Tomorrow?”

He giggles, he knows he makes you confused again. “Yes. See you tomorrow. Have a nice dream, Saejin! Don’t miss me.”

“Hmmm..”

He hangs up his call. You keep staring on your phone screen. And smile creeps on your lips again. Hmmm tomorrow………………..