Sunday

7 Days of Falling in Love

You arrive at basketball court near the central park, where the basketball team of your school will play against Cheonsa High School. Actually you're not that fond of basketball or sport in general, but your very best friend, Yoon Bomi, is crazily in love with the basketball captain, Park Chanyeol. So, she has to be wherever Chanyeol is. As her good friend, you couldn't reject when she pleaded you to accompany her. Sigh.

Bomi drags you to sit in the first row, so she will be able to keep her eyes on Chanyeol. You can only chuckle and because she's too excited like she's never seen Chanyeol before. You wander around the basketball court. You notice some of your schoolmates who must be here to support your school as well, but most of the faces you see are completely strangers.

"Chanyeol is coming!" Bomi holds your arm tightly.

You take a look in the middle of the court and see the basketball team of your school already there. Then you see, the opponent also walk to the court. You aren't interested at first, but when the last person comes to the court, your eyes grow wide. You don't know who he is, because this is the first time you see him, but you can't deny that he's so cool. He has skinny body yet y at the same time and he can make you feel the heat. His arms look so firm and inviting to be touched. You don't know why but it seems like you can see the different aura from him. When he turns around to talk with his teammate, you unconsciously mumble when you're reading his name on his shirt, "Yongguk. Number 5."

"Kyaaaa~~~it's started!! Chanyeol~~~~ fighting~~~!!" Bomi besides you is yelling out loud, making you deaf and stops you from spacing out.

Bomi keeps yelling along the game. But you don't mind at all this time. That Yongguk guy steals all your attention. Your eyes are glued at him and whatever move he makes. The way he dribbles the ball, the way he shoots the ball, the way he runs, the way he high fives with his teammate, everything he does hypnotize you. Even you don't know much about basketball but you know he has good skill and indeed a good player. You don't realize you squeal a little everytime he makes a score. Something that you don't do when your schoolmates do the the same.

"Ah what to do...." Bomi hit your thigh and make you turn to her.

"What?"

"We almost lose. 50 - 40. And it's the last quarter already. Chanyeol..."

Bomi's eyes get teary. You her back to calm her. You look at the score sheet and it's indeed 50 - 40 for Cheonsa High School. You feel a bit regretful because you cheered for that Yongguk guy just now.

The last break time is over. The players come back to the court. Yongguk is the last to come again. And you, again, can't help but squeal inside your heart when you see him.

The last quarter of the game is started. You try to cheer for your school but your eyes never leave Yongguk and all his moves. Yongguk is currently chasing the ball. When he's finally getting the ball, he dribble it right in front of your seat. He's dribbling the ball with full of swag. That's the time when his eyes meet yours and it makes your world stops for a while. Then he flashes a smile at you before running and shooting the ball. All his teammate run to him to celebrate another score that Yongguk made.

Yongguk keeps dribbling the ball near you during the last minute. Not to mention you and him keep exchanging glance. You can't deny that you're happy everytime he smiles at you secretly.

The game is over. Your school lost. Bomi is leaning her head on your shoulder.

"Bomi, don't cry!" you pat you best friend's shoulder.

"I'm not crying. I just can't see Chanyeol sad."

Bomi stands up all of sudden. "Wait me outside. I want to go to restroom first."

"Bomi, don't cry at restroom!!" you .

She turns to you and stucks her tongue out. "I won't!"

You laugh seeing Bomi's behaviour. You stand up as well and ready to go out from this place. You're walking while checking your cellphone when someone blocks your way. You move to the right, that person also moves to the right. You move to the left, that person keeps blocking your way. You let out of sigh and look up, only widened your eyes when you see who just pissed you off. Yongguk. The number 5 basketball player from Cheonsa High School. He's standing right in front of you and giving you smile that makes your legs weak.

He's wearing hoodie now. Also he's wearing a hat backwards, showing his forehead. Even though you can't see his bare arms again, he is still looking hot.

"What's your name?"

His manly voice makes you speechless. You clear your throath but even a word doesn't want to come out from your mouth. You two keep staring at each other. His stare is getting soften but it only makes your heart beat faster.

"Why...do you want to know?" Words finally come out from you.

"Because that's what I want to know when the first time I saw you."

You giggle. This guy is totally know how to steal a girl's heart. "But I already know your name."

"I know. My t-shirt says my name after all. So, what's your name then?"

You decide to play along with him. "I'll let you know if we meet again."

He laughs. And you have to admit you like seeing his laughter. He's about to speak up when someone's calling....

"Yongguk, let's gather now!!!"

He looks at his friend and yells, "Yes, I'll be there now." He turns to look at you again. "Just for your information, I love to be challenged. See you soon." He winks and runs towards his friend.

You keep looking at him until he's out of your sight. That Yongguk guy is succesfully making you smile without any reason.