You Are My One and Only

First Summer

A/N:  Special thanks to my love beta-reader PrincessPanjandrum for helping me edit this chapter ^_^


Chapter 20: You Are My One and Only

 

Woo Bin opens his eyes when he feels the stretch of lips against his chest. Morning light streams down on him from the small window on the sloping ceiling overhead. He blinks, trying to adjust to the light.

A sloping ceiling?

He darts his gaze around the room, taking in the tiny, odd nooks, the alcove at the corner with no rhythm or reason, the little furniture decorating the room. And there is no bunk bed above.

This isn’t his room.

Then he remembers coming home very late last night. Taking a quick shower hoping to rid the smell of liquor before he slipped under the duvet and hugged Jong-Suk to sleep. But there was no Jong-Suk to hug when he slipped into the bed. He remembers looking all over the room for the boy, wondering if he had stumbled into the wrong room in the haze of sleep. He had remembered his father talking about painting the attic room, something about having Jong-Suk use it.

He had tiptoed up the spiralling stairs, making sure he didn’t wake anyone. And just like he had guessed, his angel was there, sleeping in this cold room curled under the duvet and he had been angry. He had argued. And he had…kissed him.

Woo Bin’s eyes expand at the memory of those soft lips. He had given Jong-Suk the chance to reject. But instead he had accepted him, accepted his touch, his kiss…he had opened his mouth willingly for him to taste…

Woo Bin turns to look at Jong-Suk, not certain that last night was real. But Jong-Suk is there, in his arms, his head angled toward Woo Bin, his eyes bright and brown and shining in the morning light that streams through the window. His whole face lights up when he catches Woo Bin’s eyes. It is a marvellous smile, as if he has just come out into a bright opening after a long walk in a deep woods.

Woo Bin wants nothing more than to end the flow of time, right here right now. Just like this, his arms around his angel, with that bright smile on his Sukie’s face—the smile that is meant for him and him alone. He can’t help it. Woo Bin leans down and pecks the tip of his nose. Jong-Suk stills. He glances up through the long black lashes—his gaze thickening and intense. Woo Bin’s breath catches in his throat. That look, those intense clouded eyes, that look alone, it did things to Woo Bin.

His gaze trails from Jong-Suk’s eyes to the sharp cut of his cheek, the angle of his jawbone, all the way to his lips, those soft, cherry-red lips that always has a little corner of it chewed and cut from the perpetual worry that plagues him. Those lips pressed together, a little bit of his tongue slips out to moisten them, and they glisten with invitation.

Oh, God. Jong-Suk. 

Woo Bin would love nothing more than to taste those lips again, to taste him properly. First in a gentle kiss to convince himself that it is real, that it is happening, before succumbing to the greater, overwhelming need of more, more, now.

He looks up again, unsure, uncertain, and Jong-Suk is watching him, but he isn't meeting Woo Bin’s eyes. It takes a moment to work out that Jong-Suk is staring at Woo Bin’s lips in much the same way Woo Bin has been staring at his.

Woo Bin’s hand leaves Jong-Suk’s hip and skims over to cup his cheek, his thumb rub on the cut at the corner of his lip, soft and caring. It slides over, exploring the inviting lips, thumbing over the full of his lower lip, drawing a strangled sound from his angel.

"Jong-Suk-ah," Woo Bin whispers, and he can’t help the pleading keen that is in his voice, torn between wanting to give in to the overwhelming urges that he'd been keeping bottled tight. To give in despite knowing he might get frightened, despite knowing that he might freak out like last night, despite that someone might walk in on them, despite... despite... Despite everything and needing to do the right thing, to make it real and not some one-off, not wanting to risk losing Jong-Suk.

The decision is made for him when Jong-Suk’s aunt calls for him from downstairs, and both Woo Bin and Jong-Suk jerk around, startled, the moment broken.

He watches Jong-Suk jump out of the bed, sliding into his slippers and hurrying out without a word. He stares at the shoulders, soft looking yet defined angles, exposed under the pale grey T-shirt drooping off, too large for his lean figure. It looks familiar for some reason. And he doesn’t remember Jong-Suk owning one like that. That T-shirt…then Woo Bin remembers, it’s the one he had worn the other night, the one he had taken off to change into his uniform. His angel in his clothes…

Woo Bin’s lips curl into a smile.

The sight is absolutely satisfying.

***

Woo Bin grabs a sandwich and a small carton of milk and heads out of the kitchen, glancing through the corner of his eyes at Jong-Suk standing by the sink. It is disappointing Jong-Suk had to pull on that stupid uniform. His T-shirt suited him better. He looked way more beautiful, way softer and way more his, in that grey T-shirt.

Woo Bin stuffs the sandwich into his mouth to hide the grin forming on his lips. He looks around, just in case anyone has seen him grin like some stupid lunatic. But to his relief, his father is long lost in his morning newspaper and Jong-Suk’s aunt is searching through a cupboard for something. He lingers his gaze just a little bit on those pouty lips when no one is looking at him.

He bids his goodbyes to his father and Jong-Suk’s aunt and walks into the hallway. He finishes the sandwich in two bites before slipping into his trainers and walking to his motorbike. He waits for Jong-Suk, leaning against his motorbike and drinking the vanilla flavoured milk.

His phone vibrates against his thigh suddenly and he fishes it out from his pocket. It’s Seung-Hyun. He ponders whether to answer or not. He had shoved Yuri’s tangled up self off his arm when Seung-Hyun had sped out of the school boundaries last evening. He never let anyone on his bike. No girls. No boys. Not even Seung-Hyun has ever managed to climb behind him. Not that he hasn’t tried before. Oh, that he certainly has, when they were still best buddies, but he never let him on. He never liked the idea of someone else sitting behind him, wrapped around his waist. Not until his angel fell into his life.

He hadn’t really expected to see Jong-Suk riding behind Seung-Hyun in that stupid ugly bike. Not when he has let Jong-Suk occupy that sacred place. He has lost the least bit of will to speak with this guy since then. He ignores the call and slips his phone back into his trouser pocket.

He is about to go back in to check on Jong-Suk when he sees the said boy hugging his aunt a quick goodbye and running toward him the next second.

“What took you so long?” he asks, handing him his helmet. Jong-Suk shrugs and slips it on.

Woo Bin pulls Jong-Suk closer by his waist, his fingers linger on him for bit longer before reaching up to fasten the straps on his helmet. He pulls on his own helmet, swings onto his bike and waits for the boy to climb up behind him.

A small smile breaks on his lips when he feels Jong-Suk lean against his back, those slender hands sliding around his waist and making their way into the pockets of his leather jacket like usual. He slips his hands in and squeezes Jong-Suk’s hands gently, before leaning his head back, against Jong-Suk’s, in a gentle reassuring gesture, their helmets brush in a little clang. He straightens up, unwillingly breaking his hands away.

Making sure Jong-Suk is still against him, he roars the engine to life.

***

Seung-Hyun dashes across the courtyard and hurries toward the parking lot as Woo Bin cuts off his engine. He places both helmets into the compartment under the back seat and locks it away.

“Can’t you answer your freaking phone you bastard!” he hisses. Then quickly turns to Jong-Suk with a soft smile and pulls him into a hug.

“If you want another ride home, I’m more than happy to take you,” he says, his words coated with sickening sweetness. Woo Bin frowns. What is happening to this guy? Why is he acting like a love sick puppy? He quickly grabs Jong-Suk by the shoulder and pulls him away. His fragile body collides onto his chest and Jong-Suk gasps slightly, but makes no attempt to move away. Satisfied, he turns back to Seung-Hyun.

“That won’t be necessary,” Woo Bin says. His voice is firm and warning.

Seung-Hyun gives him a knowing smirk and he feels the sudden urge to wipe it off with his fist. Instead, he pulls Jong-Suk even closer until his sharp angles and fragile frame is completely fitting against him before turning to glare at Seung-Hyun.

“What did you want?”

“My bike you bastard!” Seung-Hyun barks. “Where the hell did you toss it?”

“You were too drunk to drive. I had to hail a cab,” Woo Bin says, letting his arm—the one across Jong-Su’s shoulders—drop, pausing on his hip. His hand squeezes gently around Jong-Suk, his thumb brushing the bare skin of his hip over his trousers and under the shirt's hem.

He slips his free hand into his back pocket and pulls out a key. He tosses it at Seung-Hyun.

“Here. It’s staying where you left it. Safe and sound. Probably.”

Seung-Hyun frowns at him for a bit. Then smiles at Jong-Suk and flash a two salute before turning around to leave. He pauses to look at Woo Bin again.

“I found a trail on that guy. I’ll let you know when I get solid information,” he says before hurrying out of the gate into the streets outside.

“What was that about?” Jong-Suk asks.

Woo Bin shrugs.

They both continue to stare at the gate to the parking lot, Woo Bin’s fingers continuing their caress on the soft skin on Jong-Suk’s hip even after Seung-Hyun has disappeared. Neither of them make any attempt to move away.

“Good morning Woo Bin-ah,” it’s Yuri’s modulated voice that pulls his attention back to where they are. She skips closer and jumps on his arm before he can even comprehend what is happening, and the next thing he knows is the lips that smack on his cheek. Jong-Suk jerks away from his fingers as if he is electrified.

His large eyes dart off to the side, wet with something but the dry air takes care of that quickly before Woo Bin can wonder if they are tears, or if he just has something in his eye. There is a flicker of emotion, quick and fleeting and far too familiar, because Woo Bin has seen it many times on this boy’s face when he went into those attacks that left him hollow, when he looked into Woo Bin’s eyes last night with those tear-filled eyes, when Woo Bin let this girl cling onto his arm the other day.

Hurt.  

It is gone in an instant, brushed under a forced grin as a not-never-mind, and Jong-Suk raises his chin after a hesitating sigh, offering Woo Bin a small, sweet smile in exchange.

But it is too late. Woo Bin has seen it. It hurts, because he hasn’t meant to hurt this boy. He promised never to hurt him, to protect him. But his stupid ignorance is hurting him now.

It sinks in then that Jong-Suk is moving away. That every limb is taunt with coiled energy, a deer about to spring away from fear, bounding out of reach, never to be found again.

Woo Bin throws Yuri’s hands off him and glares at her for a second—a warning not to mess—before running after Jong-Suk.

“Woo Bin-ah…” he hears her call. It’s just like how Jong-Suk calls him, gentle and caring. But her voice does not make his stomach flutter the way Jong-Suk’s simple smile does. No one, no one but this boy can make him feel those things. He grabs onto Jong-Suk’s wrist half way up the stairs.

“Come with me,” he says and pulls him up the staircase.

“Woo Bin…” he struggles to break free, but it only causes him to tighten his grasp. He steps past their classroom floor; all the way up onto the roof.

“Kim Woo Bin!” Jong-Suk hisses, trying to break away from his grip. That’s not right. He shouldn’t be calling him like that. He wants to hear his name the way Jong-Suk usually calls him, in that sweet and soft way, not like this, not like his name is the last thing he wishes to speak. Woo Bin tightens his grip in response. He feels Jong-Suk wince and his fingers instantly loosen, but never let the hand off.

Woo Bin pushes him against the wall at the corner of the rooftop, behind the water tank and traps him there, standing too close so that Jong-Suk flinches at his heavy breaths brushing against his face.

“What do you want?” Jong-Suk asks, glaring as he sooths his bruised wrist. He looks like a cat whose tail got stepped on and Woo Bin can’t help but grin.

“You think this is funny?” Jong-Suk breaks off his trapping arms and turns to rush off again.

Woo Bin catches him before he moves out of reach. Before he can turn to follow the path to the class. Before he can sit down on that chair by the window and curl on it with his back to Woo Bin. Woo Bin stops him, because he doesn’t ever want Jong-Suk to turn away from him.

He pulls at Jong-Suk’s arm, yanking him around. The boy winces and he regrets it immediately, but hides his worry behind a gentle smile. He cups Jong-Suk’s face into his hands.

“I am sorry,” Woo Bin says.

Jong Suk frowns.

“About what?”

“That I hurt you. That I worry you.”

“Worry about what?”

“That girl. Yuri,” he says. “I’ve nothing to do with her. You don’t have to worry about her.”

“W—Why should I worry about her?” he stammers.

“Exactly,” Woo Bin says, grinning. His hand skims behind Jong-Suk’s neck, the way he has always wanted to, threading his fingers into Jong-Suk’s soft locks. And the other hand moves down to grab onto Jong-Suk’s hip and pulls him close, grinning at the startled, helpless little yelp to escape from those pretty lips. His fingers are gentle this time, making sure it doesn’t hurt his angel.

“You shouldn’t worry about her, or anyone else for that matter,” he whispers. “Because, you are my one and only angel.”

Jong-Suk stills. His eyes wide with surprise, lips slightly parted. He watches Jong-Suk swallow, his lush tongue darting out to moist his colourful lips. Woo Bin glance up into those wide brown eyes, then back to the slick lips. And he leans down slowly, crashing their lips into a soft kiss. He tugs gently onto Jong-Suk’s lips, keeping Jong-Suk against him with the arm s around his back, their lips pressed together until he feels Jong-Suk relax.

He halts momentarily, never really leaving Jong-Suk’s lips, but pulling away just enough to heave in a much needed breath before he moves in again, his mouth consuming Jong-Suk’s. He takes those plump lips, moist and full into his mouth and them, gentle and wet, lingering, nibbling at his bottom lip. He tastes like coffee and milk…and something sweeter, darker. His tongue sweeps out against Jong-Suk’s lips and Jong Suk’s arms wrap around his neck, pulling him closer. He parts his lips, granting the permission Woo Bin has fought his mouth for and Woo Bin fills Jong-Suk’s mouth, the sweet cave, exploring the sensitive spots. A soft moan escapes Jong Suk and it is caught into Woo Bin’s mouth.

Jong-Suk arches into him, his slender body fitting perfectly against Woo Bin’s broad form, his thigh rubbing against Woo Bin’s hard crotch, drawing a deep growl.  

Woo Bin presses hard against him for one brief, tantalizing moment before breaking the kiss, breathing hard, clinging tight with fingers numbing under the strain of trying to climb into the other's skin.

"Woo Bin-ah," Jong-Suk whispers.

Woo Bin leans down and bites onto his bottom lip, pulling at it hard, making him moan. His tongue darts to the tiny bruise, soothing the pain.

Jong-Suk’s arms tighten around Woo Bin’s neck and pull him even closer, crashing their lips harder for a much needy kiss. Woo Bin complies, giving him the hard needy love he craves. Jong Suk wriggles under his touch; his moans grow loud. Oh god, how he had waited for this day, to feel this boy under him, wriggling into his embrace, longing for his touch…

“Woo Bin-ah…”

“God! Jong-Suk-ah,” Woo Bin pants. “You are driving me crazy,” he mumbles before burying his face into that bare, delicious expanse of neck. He goes for the flesh at the crook, right where the muscle curves between the shoulder before the smooth rise of his throat, his teeth biting the skin, his tongue tasting Jong-Suk as if questing for the sweetness it promised. His lips close on the spot, sealing it, and he hard. Jong-Suk groans.

It isn’t going to be pretty. It isn’t meant to. He is marking Jong-Suk out of sheer, instinctive need, because no one else can have Jong-Suk, no one else but him.  

Maybe he les at Jong-Suk’s throat a little longer than he needed to. Maybe he’s been touching him for longer than he should have. Maybe that instant where Jong-Suk’s body relaxes in near-complete, blissful submission is the moment where nothing else matters. Maybe that strangled, badly-muffled moan that comes out of Jong-Suk’s mouth—that beautiful, cherry-red, completely kissable mouth—is the fuel to the fire that burns deep inside Woo Bin, rousing the low flames to an inferno of passion and desire.

All Woo Bin knows is that if the morning bell hasn’t rung at right that moment in a bit of good timing—or incredibly bad timing—Woo Bin would have torn open Jong-Suk’s shirt to reveal more of that beautiful velvet flesh, bathing his throat and spine in kisses.

He pulls away from a breathless Jong-Suk and studies him close, his cheeks coloured with heat all the way to the tip of his ears. His lips red and swollen from all the kissing and nibbling. His biting has left a lovely purple blotch on his neck, which cannot be completely hidden no matter how much Jong-Suk fidgets with his clothes. He smiles, satisfied with his work. Jong-Suk is his and no one will dare to touch him.

He plants a quick peck on Jong-Suk’s bruised lips. “Want to go to class?”

***

Jong-Suk quickly slips into his seat, trying to catch his breath, wondering how Woo Bin can sit there with that stupid grin as if nothing has happened.

Jong-Suk knows that he is absolutely, one-hundred-per cent in trouble, because he'd never been submissive to anyone’s touches before. In fact touches only stirred those haunting memories in his past. Nothing, nothing at all ever managed to stir any ual desires in his body let alone giving him an . He craved those touches. He craved the way Woo Bin’s lips has moved over his, his soft tongue questing his mouth, the way Woo Bin’s hands held him close. He craves them too much that it scares him. This isn’t like him. He has never liked anyone even getting anywhere closer to his personal space, let alone kissing him like that. But now, just after a couple of months, here he is wishing he could just say to hell with everything and have Woo Bin’s lips on him again. He wants to feel Woo Bin. He wants to feel that terrifyingly blissful moment that turned him on when Woo Bin said his name right before branding him.

It isn't an actual brand, but the love bite on his throat has burned, sending searing bolts of heat all through his body, and Jong-Suk can still feel it as clear as day.

Every time Woo Bin glances at him, his eyes hooded and knowing, Jong-Suk can’t help the flush rising up his neck and cheeks, because he remembers that moment against the wall when his surprise gave way to submission, silently pleading for more.

Woo Bin tugs on his arm and Jong-Suk turns a questioning gaze to which he replies by biting off the smile on his lip. He pulls Jong-Suk’s right hand under the table and lace their fingers together. Then, leans his head against the desk and mouths ‘I miss you’

Jong-Suk’s heart thumps.

***

Just before lunch break, Woo Bin gets a text message. It’s from Seung-Hyun and it reads:

I found the guy. Come to the normal spot.

***