Friends and Lovers

The World Where You Exist

A/N: Yes, if you noticed, I changed the title.. just few words though, coz "The World Where You Exist" sounds more suitable for me. Thanks for the comments, my dearies!! ^^


Onew kept looking at his phone, then back to the recording acting like he was participating all along. Smiling. Grinning like a kid. Being like the usual Onew everyone knew he was.

But actually, inside his head, he was killing the time, and if he could only do so, he would tell the time to get lost and finish the boring recording as fast as it could.

“Hyung.” Jonghyun, who was distracted by Onew’s unnecessary movements, looked at him as if he was starting to get irritated. “There’s 20 minutes left. You can’t fast forward time by looking at your watch or your phone.” He said and rolled his eyes – looking so bitter.

Onew didn’t respond but let out a long sigh, but as soon as he noticed the camera going through them to capture their faces, he immediately flashed a dubuish smile hiding the fact that he was, in fact, uninterested with whatever the discussion in the studio was all about.

Meanwhile, Jooyoung randomly appeared behind the cameras with the previous team leader Han. Ms. Han decided to do a round with Jooyoung as they went to where SHINee as and watched them while she taught her several things she needed to know in order to handle the team nicely.

“The most important thing is you always need to address issues or remarks SHINee gave or was given to them by someone. I know you know that. Never let a second pass, just call whoever you need to call to make clarification or ask question about these remarks or comments.” Ms. Han said while Jooyoung kept on listening.

Unlike Onew who was already distracted of the recording, Jooyoung was taking her work seriously, making sure she won’t miss any point Ms. Han was telling her.

It was common knowledge that there were times when idols were not really paying attention to the discussion or talk happening in the studio, just like how Minho and Key were talking with each other while another idol was speaking about himself.

“Do you remember what you said about Ms. Han before?” Key asked Minho and the latter thought for a while before smiling.

“That Ms. Han is like SHINee’s mother? She looks after our every movement and makes sure we won’t commit any error during recording or appearances, and then she’ll defend us like mad when something that might ruin our image comes up in news.” Minho laughed secretly, glancing at the host to see if he caught him laughing with Key.

“Now, Jooyoung’s gonna take over the role.” Key added and looked at Ms. Han and Jooyoung’s direction.

Ms. Han caught them laughing at the back, so she gestured them to be quiet while wearing her irritating expression. “You know what, I’ve heard a lot of comments like SHINee tends to really be hyper and naughty during broadcasts. It may appear to be cute and funny for the fans, but not all PDs like to work with naughty idols. Good thing about them is that though they are really naughty, they’re just one set of humble people who always care even to the people in the lowest rank of production. Although, you must always try to remind them not to create their own worlds during recording. They are supposed to participate, anyway.”

Jooyoung nodded, and agreed to Ms. Han because she also noticed that during her days as the manager. The five guys never outgrew their naughty personalities as kids. They would laugh as long as there is reason to. Sometimes, they even find reason to make something funny, which is either cute or irritating.

Finally, after few more minutes, the recording was finished. The people involved thanked and greeted each other while saying goodbye – never forgetting to leave a comment that everybody did well in the recording, and that it was nice working with all of them.

The five guys went to their managers while Ms. Han and Jooyoung went closer, too. “Guys, some of you were not listening!” Ms. Han complained though she was smiling.

“It’s because Kibum said Jooyoung’s going to be our mother from now on – considering that for sure, she’ll follow your footsteps, noona.” Minho laughed at his comment and so as the other members.

“Surely.” Ms. Han uttered in determination. “This young girl over her will even do better than me. She’ll scold you if something unpleasant comes up!”

“Should we go home?” Out of nowhere, Onew interrupted and asked the manager. “Noona… thank you for taking care of us all this time. You are such a gem to SHINee and no one could ever replace you for what you have done in the past.”

“Fine. Fine. Fine.” Ms. Han nodded. “Stop praising me just so you could add, ‘but I’m tired and I think I need a sleep now’. Let’s separate from here but I’ll make sure to look after Jooyoung from time to time to help her out. Be good, guys!”

“Thanks, noona. Have your safe way, home. Oh, Jooyoung-ssi… do you want to go home with us? You live just a floor above our dorm, right?” Onew asked Jooyoung casually.

“Hmm. Sure.” She answered coolly, and after Ms. Han departed to her car, the rest of them walked to their own van.

“Have you ever seen Onew hyung and Jooyoung holding hands?” Taemin asked Minho as they walked behind Onew, Jooyoung and a manager. The couple looked so casual and unsweet, as if they were just friends.

Minho shook his head. “I don’t remember. But maybe it was because they were not that expressive. It even took them so long before they even got to be together.”

“But at least when they are alone with us, a bit of skinship or sweet conversation won’t hurt. I never see them do that whenever they’re around.”

“Onew hyung looked so excited upon being with Jooyoung after recording but now that she’s with us, it’s like Onew hyung isn’t concern at all.” Jonghyun joined in the conversation with Key who was listening.

They were always curious about how the two lasted the relationship for almost 6 months now. How they were able to be with each other without much skinship or affection towards each other. “I can’t last a relationship by just having her presence. At least I should hold and kiss her from time to time.” Jonghyun commented while shaking his head, thinking that Onew wasn’t handling the relationship right.

“You seem stupid.” Key uttered as he looked at the rest in a judgemental way. “You don’t know what’s happening when they’re in Jooyoung’s unit.” He glared at them – as if hinting a weird scenario. “You know… you don’t know what’s up when you left them all alone.”

“Must be wild?” Minho randomly blurted which made them laugh while thinking about things they shouldn’t even be thinking about.

They entered the van and Jooyoung sat between Onew and the manager. The four members observed them as they talked, laughed and conversed with less serious topics which are neither romantic nor intimate.

The only skinship they saw between the couple was whenever they’re having high-fives. Onew would open up a story which everyone could here. Even the guys themselves and the managers laughed, and so did Jooyoung. The members were confused while Onew was getting really funnier day by day, when he was originally the Onew with the so called “sangtae” – throwing unfunny jokes which made people awkward. But right now, anything he intended to come out as a funny story could really be funny, sending everybody into huge laughs.

“But hyung, why aren’t you sweet with Jooyoung all the time?” Jonghyun couldn’t take it and had to open the topic. “When you’re with us, you can do that since you don’t need to hide your relationship anyway.”

Onew and Jooyoung looked at each other, until Onew shrugged his shoulders and smiled. “Friends don’t need to hug, kiss, or hold each other’s hands, right?”

“But you’re not friends. You’re lovers in real life.” Minho uttered.

“Being lovers doesn’t mean you can’t be friends.” Onew commented and looked at Jooyoung. “In fact, it’s happier when you can be like this, confident enough to think that you can make each other happy without having to stay sweet or intimate with them all the time. Though of course, it’s very different when all of you are not around.” Onew smirked and Jooyoung hit him, as she knew the members quickly digested Onew’s words and started thinking things they really should not be thinking about.