All Things I Realized

The World Where You Exist

She was staring at herself at the mirror for few minutes now. Jooyoung was in bright red halted cocktail dress with a white thick belt around her waist. She was sitting silently, thinking about everything that was happening, and would happen in the next few days.

No one could argue that she looked beautiful. Her dark brownish hair was styled in a messy updo which highlighted her neck and her jawline. Her pinkish lips made her look few years younger. Those long eyelashes made her look sophisticated. She was a different woman at that moment, all prepped up for the wedding photo shoot, which was basically just a media play for their upcoming wedding.

“In five minutes, Ms. Son.” The assistant photographer told her as he went inside her dressing room. She smiled and slightly nodded without looking behind as she already saw his reflection in the mirror.

At one point she noticed something that was missing around her neck. She took her clutch bag and opened it, pulled out a small black box from inside and opened it. It was the ring Onew gave her during that morning when they slept together. It was their funny wedding day.

Running her fingers through the small wedding band, she remembered how happy they were. All of it was forgotten after the fight and then all these s immediately followed without a break. Now, she had the time to pause quickly and look at what they have gone through.

The argument had went so far, she realized, and it was not making the two of them any healthier. Breakup? Both of them knew it was just something they said out of anger. It was not really what they wanted. They hated each other on that exact moment, and she couldn’t say if they have gotten over it already. She would admit, though, that she was still disappointed on how he acted. She thought maybe he could have been more sensitive, but he was not.

Still, now, she was trying to get into his point. Maybe she was just disappointed and mad because she was just thinking about her side of the argument, and not really considering his. He was probably just so mad because he felt betrayed, like she was giving him away, not thinking about how the both of them would feel. Maybe Onew felt like the concept for the collaboration was too much. Maybe it was not what he was going to like. Maybe he was that kind of guy before, ready to be all discreetly flirty and innocently playful, willing to have some fun with some girl, but everything was totally different now that they were together, and she shouldn’t have been inconsiderate of what he had already become when she arrived in his life. Maybe she overlooked the fact that Onew was now extra-sensitive of these issues, not because of himself, but because he was concerned of how she would feel, and how it would affect their relationship.

Now, then, should she come to him and apologize? Should she admit her fault and initiate the settlement?

But thinking how Onew was able to handle himself not talking to her for days, it made her yet disappointed again. He loves her? Why hasn’t he come and talk to her? What if he was serious about the breaking up thing?

After all, he was the one who called for a break up. If he wanted it back, he’ll claim it and talk to her, she thought, but Jooyoung couldn’t have thought that on the other hand, Onew was thinking almost about the same thing.

He was on his way to the studio for their wedding photo shoot. Onew was already in his black suit, his hair brushed up and waxed exposing his forehead. He was sitting there thinking about what it would be now to meet her again after few days with not even a single word from her, and the last time they saw each other, they just argued.

Onew restrained himself of calling her thinking everything would get worse. He was mad, and she was, too, and if they talked with both of them still in that mood, they would only end up arguing even more, making the issue bigger and the problem left unsettled.

For the past days he was trying to catch it all up. Maybe he was really wrong of getting angry right at that moment. Maybe he should have just waited until it’s only the two of them together, and then he could have started relaying his protests more privately. Maybe he shouldn’t have been very tactless. Maybe it was all business for her, and that she really won’t mind if they worked together. But won’t she really mind that? The skinship level, the closeness and all. That collaboration might even be compared to Hyuna’s and Hyunseung’s Troublemaker duo, though Onew and Hyorin were supposed to be a bit sweeter and playful. However, the thing was, he should have been calm in dealing with it.

It was just a bad thing that he couldn’t calm when it comes to her and their relationship. Of course, it was not a good feeling to know your girlfriend was up to some flirty collaboration of you and some girl and she was acting like she was okay with all of it and would really be happy if you accept it. He just thought it was unfair, that he got set up while he didn’t know anything. And then, after all the consequences that went along with it, they ended up having to get married and ironically, it was against their will. Couple who was forced to marry each other sounded a bit off, but it was true, especially on Jooyoung’s side. Now it reminded him again how she looked so against it, how it felt like she didn’t like the idea of getting married to him, which of course, made him feel annoyed.

Though maybe, again, he just misunderstood her. Maybe it was not that she’s against marrying him. It was just because she didn’t like how it came to be, how it looked like a cover up for some SM boys who were caught taking drugs.

The moment he glanced at his left hand and saw that ring on his finger, it all boiled down to one thing: He loves her – and nothing really changed – and nothing would ever change. Despite all the arguments and disappointments that gone through them for the past days, he loved her, and that was all that was needed to be realized in order for him to want to get back to her. Everything else didn’t matter anymore.

Onew realized it was not their fight against each other. It was their fight together against everybody else that would try to ruin them. He knew very well that this marriage would not be the end of this show. It would just be the start. If the fans loved this idea, he was sure SM would try to put them together on the spotlight always. He could endure it and even play with it, but how about Jooyoung? She was never this exposed. She was not used on having all the attention drawn to her. It might turn out that his fans would look at it differently, see it as him being the victim and Jooyoung enjoying all this “privileges”. Some fans might want to destroy her if he does not provide her enough support and care.

Instead of fighting with her, it would be better to stay by her side, look after her, and be there whenever she needs him. He knew she was strong, but there are times when she would probably just feel very burdened and unhappy.

“We’re here.” His manager interrupted his sentiments, but now he was sure what to do next.

As they were walking inside, they could already hear the clicking of the shutter and the photographer instructing what to do and which pose to make. Onew guessed Jooyoung might have already started her session.

The photographer paused when his assistant whispered something to him. It was to inform that he arrived. Shortly, the photographer stood straight and looked behind himself to look at Onew and the manager. He playfully saluted on them and the manager smiled.

But Onew’s focus was now on Jooyoung, who was standing there at the spotlight obviously very self-conscious and unsure of what she was doing. She stood there uncomfortably, transferring her weight from one leg to the other. She was fidgety, and her 4 inches heels were not of help. It was making her more restrained and unrelaxed. This awkward state, though, didn’t affect how beautiful she had become with that total appearance. It didn’t look like a wedding photo shoot but for an 18th birthday celebration instead. She looked much younger. Onew had to take note that he’ll ask for some adjustment on his hair and makeup to match up with her youthful face later. Of course, he didn’t want it to seem like he was an old man marrying a teen, or it was a teen being trapped by a marriage with an old man. It was the same, though, and he was horrified at that thought that he would look very aged if they were to stand close with each other.

After dwelling on her beauty, he saw how her eyes darted to him. They exchanged gazes and locked them up. She was doing some random tamed poses for the photographer, but her eyes were stuck looking at him, and he was staring back. No one was smiling, it was a merely conversation with their eyes.

And by that gentle look on her eyes, Onew knew that she was not mad anymore. Those eyes were rather filled with uncertainty and doubt, like she had so many things to tell him.

“Look over here, Ms. Son. You’re going to marry a guy named Lee Jinki, isn’t that supposed to be a very happy thought? Why don’t you smile while thinking about it?” The photographer said to motivate her for a cheerful and bright smile. Because of her discomfort on being photographed, her nervousness was reflected on every angle of her face so the photographer might have been secretly frustrated on unleashing the concept of “excited bride” from her.

“Ah… Neh.” From staring into his eyes, Jooyoung turned to the camera and a beautiful smile flashed.

“Finally.” The photographer said and became more excited to take pictures. “I guess the presence of the groom is all we need for that smile.”

Jooyoung let out a restrained chuckle, and though she was meters away from him and covered with foundation and blush on, Onew would never doubt he noticed how she went blushing. He smiled secretly at that thought.

They were probably thinking about the same thing while they were not seeing each other. He knew this would be the perfect timing to settle all things with her. He would apologize and tell her that they should do it together.

As for this wedding, something she really didn’t like so much, Onew promised himself to surprise her with another marriage proposal soon, and then they will hold another one that is more decent, genuine, and memorable.