To His Dismay

The World Where You Exist

She could only nod.

Inside the conference room, Son Jooyoung, together with the producer, the director, and the managers were all gathered talking about SHINee’s future collaboration with Sistar. Oh, no, scratch that. They would start by having a collaborative promotion between Sistar’s Hyorin and SHINee’s Onew – for real.

“Twin Hearts?” The director asked.

“Similar to Woohyun and Key’s To Heart Collaboration. One that will sound y but genuine.” The producer commented. “The album should sound both reflecting Onew and Hyorin together.” He emphasized.

“Unseen Haven.” Out of nowhere, Jooyoung blurted out which made the other people looked at her in surprise. “Oh – just… I don’t know, I just…”

“That sounds cute. How can you explain that?” The director paid attention and waited for her explanation.

“Well, it means comfort that cannot be seen, so it’s like telling the fans that they never see this collaboration coming, but it’s here already, and the two’s going to give them comfort they didn’t expect. You know, Sistar’s Diva Hyorin and SHINee’s clumsy and genuine leader Onew? They are two different personality but we are able to put them together perfectly, it’s a collab that will give people that kind of shock.”

She didn’t know how these words got out of when it’s about Onew’s collaboration with one hot y gorgeous girl.

“That’s brilliant!” The producer said and even clapped his hands in excitement. “Wow. You are really talented when it comes to these things, Jooyoung-ssi. I’m so happy you’re here with us today! So that’s it! It’s Unseen Haven!”

“So? Who will be the one laying this out to the two?” The producer asked and looked at the others, exchanging glances with Jooyoung, the director, and the managers.

“It’s okay to hand out the information to Jinki. We can do it.” One of SHINee’s manager said.

“I can talk to Hyorin about this.” Sistar’s manager said.

“But we need to talk to them together at the same time.” The producer looked at Jooyoung and smiled. “Then please facilitate a meeting with both teams and lay the information well. You can do this, right, Son Jooyoung ssi?”

Wow. Wait, it’s too much. Me?!

“Well, I guess…”

“Good! Now we’re done!” The producer stood up, shook hands with each of them and bid goodbye. The director followed with Sistar’s manager. Jooyoung was left with SHINee’s managers.

“Tsk tsk.” One of the managers shook his head looking at Jooyoung. “I don’t know if I should praise you for being so professional or if I should hit you with this table for being such an idiot. Are you in this, too? That collaboration which only means SM claiming Sistar as theirs? You’re seriously… ugh. I don’t know.”

She lowered down her gaze, fidgeting her fingers asking herself why she did that, too. Was she trying to hurt herself? Was she purposely putting their relationship at stake? Will Onew be happy to know that she contributed a lot to this collaboration?

Not to mention that it was an intimate collaboration of him and Hyorin.

“While talking, were you able to absorb all the details?” One manager asked as well. She was still not answering. “Could you even imagine the scenes the director came up with? Onew and Hyorin will do it! Swimming in the pool together, wrestling each other on the bed, doing sensual dance break. Were you able to absorb the fact that it will be done by Lee Jinki, your boyfriend?”

“Hey.” She only said. “Are you trying to tell me I did the wrong thing? I’m just doing my work, and besides, we agreed to separate work from our personal interests. I am not willing to accept any of your scolding right now.” Jooyoung sighed and shook her head, then left.

It was enough that she felt heavy upon contributing those, she couldn’t afford to have these managers reiterate how stupid she was for doing it.

Meanwhile, as the managers went back to SHINee, dismay was obviously written on their faces. It was obvious that they didn’t like it. Sometimes managers really don’t like the work, but because they couldn’t do anything but to go with it especially when it’s an order from the higher office, so they just had to accept these.

“So, how did the meeting go?” Onew said eagerly. He wanted to know the details right away. “Is it going to be pushed through? That collaboration Jooyoung was talking about?’”

“Should I feel happy that you have such girlfriend or should I feel sorry for you?” The same manager who asked the same type of question to Jooyoung told Onew. He was shaking his head and feeling hopeless.

“What? Why? Did she say it won’t happen?” A smile was about to appear on his face until the managers shook their heads together.

“Actually, it’s the other way around. Just wait. She’ll ask for a meeting any time today. Whatever she tells you, it’s her idea.”

Onew frowned, both curious and frustrated to know what the manager meant. All the things she would say later were all her ideas? Why? Did she participate well in the discussion? She told him she’ll control the situation, then what kind of controlling did she do?

In the afternoon, Jooyoung called both Hyorin and Onew together with their managers. It was in her office where the meeting was held.

Hyorin first entered with her manager. There was a bright and friendly expression on her face. “Hello, Ms. Son, I’m Hyorin.” She introduced herself well. It was obvious how courteous she was by the way she sounded and smiled. Jooyoung smiled back. It seemed like they were at the same age.

“Please take your seats first.” She told them while waiting for Onew and his manager to come.

Not long after, the two came. Onew managed a smile while he secretly sent messages of doubt towards Jooyoung by gazing at her. She avoided the look he was giving, and decided that since she started it, then she should go on and be like the professional girl she promised to be.

And she remembered that both of them agreed to work professionally in the office and never mix it with whatever relationship they have personally – that’s for effective PR Manager and Idol relationship, and for them not to be caught by anyone as well.

No one else in the company but SHINee Members, their managers, and some close artists and coordinators knew about their relationship, and they could already imagine the backlash that would happen if their relationship gets into the public. Still, all of them should take care of this secret very well.

“I’m hoping you already got the idea from your managers.” There was a faint smile on her face as she looked at Hyorin. The other girl responded enthusiastically. She was excited. “Well, we decided on the name of your collaboration. You’re going to be called Unseen Haven.” An arrow was stabbed on her heart, and through the side of her eyes, she could see Onew frowning. “This is a risky attempt because we all know you have different personalities as idols. Onew-ssi being the genuine sometimes clumsy SHINee Leader, while Hyorin ssi is known with her fierce vocal prowess and iness.” Hyorin looked down while smiling and blushing. Jooyoung responded with a smile, too. She could not hate on Hyorin as she looked really sweet and nice. “We are going to try to convince the people that you could be a perfect match.” Again, there was another stab on her heart which she concealed with an obviously fake smile. “I’ve asked my secretary to print out the concept for you guys and you could just read it and ask me anything.” In short, she could not afford to explain everything detail by detail that she just asked them to read it.

“This seems so fresh.” Hyorin commented. “I mean, from two different worlds, we’ll try to be recognized as one. I like the idea.” There was excitement on her voice.

“Was this your idea, Jooyoung-ssi?” Jooyoung silently swallowed when she heard that familiar sound on his voice. He sounded dismayed and pissed off, though he was trying to hide it by just sounding keen and observant.

“Not everything, just the name and the clearer concept.” She replied without even looking at him. Onew was her boyfriend but during this time, she was getting awkward since she knew she did something that Onew would never really appreciate.

“Tell me, you think this would work?” Now he really sounded pissed off, and even Hyorin and her manager felt it that they looked at him doubtfully, as if asking him why he was making those remarks. He sighed and harshly put down the folder on the table, then he made a mocking chuckle. “Were you so obsessed with using SHINee to gain profits? But fine, being an idol means being an employee under this company, and I have no choice but to follow whatever my commander’s decision will be.” He looked at Jooyoung, flash of disappointment was in his face. “I have nothing to do here anymore.” He said and stood up, leaving the meeting room with a not-so-nice impression to Hyorin. The girl frowned and looked at Jooyoung, shortly after Onew’s manager followed him outside.

“I’ve never really got to hang out with him. Is he really like that?” She frowned. “He seems very opposite than the Onew I knew before. Well, actually, I thought he was nice because he always talk and greet people with a smiling face…” Hyorin said dumbfounded by how he just acted in front of them.  


A/N: I'm cooking up another story, but I think I won't post it until I'm done with either of my two ongoing fics. LOL. That means it would still take some time before I could show it to you, but actually, I'm excited. I can wait to offer you guys one that I hope you'll appreciate, too. :)