D-Day

Again

It's the day. The day when she will leave me. I didn't want to wake up from my sleep. I don't want to face up to reality.

"Jongin...Jongin.." my omma called from outside. "wake up..." I pretended not to hear. "Don't be like this Jongin.."

"omma...eottokhae?" I cried in her arms as she walked in to wake me up.

"I know how you are feeling....we love her too...I'm feeling bad too but stay strong...I'm sure she don't want to see you like that..." she said.

"I know...but i can't help it...how am i supposed to live without her..." i said. I can't help but to cry again. Even though i promised her to be strong.

"She's always living in here..." omma said and placed her palm on my heart. She's right. She'll always be in my heart. "go wash up..and see her for the last time..."

"you're not coming?" i asked.

"I can't bear to see her leave...and you deserve the last moment with her.." she said. Do i really deserve that?

I changed into what she likes to see me wear and sprayed the cologne that she secretly gave to me as a present which i've never used before. I arrived at the hospital. I dragged myself to her ward. I can't face her.

"Mr Kim, you're here. Go in and see her. She don't have much time left, her heartbeat is getting weaker." her doctor said. I nodded and went in. I held her hand and watched her. I don't know what to say to her because i've said everything. Her heartbeat is slowly decreasing every few minutes. It was getting weaker and weaker.

"Mi...I'm really sorry...I love you...Hope that we can be a couple in our next life.. I will wait for you...I will always remember you....don't forget me..." I said and kissed her for one last time.

The last thing I know was.....

Miyeon's POV:

It's the day. I'm prepared to go. Or not. I didn't want to leave him. I watched him refusing to wake up, refusing to face the reality. I can't leave him. His mother came in. Then I left. I can't bear to watch and hear their conversation. It will be hard for me to leave. It will be sad for me to leave. I don't want that. I want them to know that i left peacefully.

I came to the hospital and watched myself. Watched my heartbeat weakening. I felt myself fading away, getting lighter and lighter. Then he came. He hesitated before entering. I watched him as he looked at me. I watched him as he held my hand. His tear dropped on my hand but i couldn't feel it anymore. I was disappearing.

He spoke. I heard every word he said. I love you too Jongin. Then i felt myself floating. Floating up and disappearing. No! I don't want to go yet. Don't take me away yet. Jongin..

And the last thing i know was......