One

Again

I woke up to the sound of footsteps. I open my eyes to bright, glowing lights. I stepped on the ground, feeling light and it seems like i was floating. My head was spinning as i walked. I saw doctors and nurses. I'm at the hospital. What happened? Suddenly doctors and nurses started running from where i came out from and i followed them in. Then i saw, myself lying on the bed, motionless. The doctors and nurses were surrounding me. My head hurts even more. Am i dead? Why am i here when i'm lying over there? I tried to reach for one of the nurses but my hand just went pass her. Is this my soul? I tried to speak. Only I can hear myself but they can't. I heard one of the doctors said, "she is in serious condition. better inform her family." I'm in a serious condition? my family? Do i have one? I lost both my parents in a plane crash while they were on their business trip. I have no one else. Wait, there is. But he wouldn't come. He wouldn't care. His parents are too busy to come too.

I watched as they moved me to the Intensive Care Unit. I waited for my 'family' to come. Only his parents came. I expected that. They look worried. "Appa! omma!" I called out but of course, they couldn't hear. I love them just like my own parents. Unlike him, they were good to me. They treated me like their own daughter, treated me like their family. After my parents' death, I love them even more. They were like my second parents. I know them from young, and him too.

Speaking of him, we met each other occasionally from as our parents are business partners. I got to speak to him when i was 10 and that's also when i started hanging out with him more. We attended the same high school and got engaged at the age of 16. We got married when we're 18. He was more than i can ask for, but more than expected. He was distant from me ever since we got pulled in this arranged marriage. I like him but he don't. He never does.

He never talked to me except on our wedding day. I don't dare to talk to him too. We pretended to be a very loving couple in front of others but behind closed doors, we were strangers. No one knew about this, except me and him. We never slept together from the day we are married. 6 years. For 6 years i've been living a life not of mine. I've been living as Mrs Kim which is nothing more than just a name. I was lonely even though i may be with him, the one i love. I don't like it even though i have the guy of my dreams. His heart is not here. never here.

Now that I'm lying there, with tubes all over my lifeless body, I knew I don't have much time left. I will be joining my parents soon. I should be happy. But it hurts me when i think of leaving. To be honest, i don't want to leave him. I miss him and will miss him when i go. I want to wake up from this 'dream' but i know i can't. I don't remember what happened to me for me to be in this situation and i don't know if it even come to his mind that i'm in this state. I don't know if he ever visited me in the hospital. I only hope that I can tell him that I love him before i go. Regardless if he loves me not.