Weak

Broken

Taemin may seem like an , but he's very considerate of other people's feelings. He filters a lot of the things he says and doesn't say certain things he knows will only make a situation worst. But after a while it gets hard biting his tongue in front of Luhan. There's basically a dark cloud hovering over Luhan's head and it never goes away. Taemin can't remember the last time he's seen a smile on the Chinese male's face. 

The Luhan that was once all smiles and hugs has now isolated himself from everyone and everything. Minho and Jonghyun learned to ignore him and move on with their lives after that one time they asked him if he wanted anything from the store and he began sobbing saying he misses when Sehun and Xiumin would ask him that. 

Kibum stopped paying attention to him after his first day staying in the dorm. It's not that Luhan did anything to him, he just has better things to worry about. 

Then there was Jinki. He thought taking Luhan to a soccer match would help clear his mind and make him feel better (Taemin's recommendation) but that wasn't successful, at all. After the game he decided to keep his distance and not try again. Every other minute he was making a comment and each time Xiumin's name was involved. 

"Number three is Xiumin's favorite player." 

"Xiumin hates that team."  

"Xiumin would've loved this game." 

Xiumin Xiumin Xiumin. 

Taemin, being the closest one to Luhan, is starting to crack. The other night he got woken up by something moving in his bed. With his brain not functioning correctly, the first thing he thought to do was hit the reason his beautiful dream got interrupted. So he did. Not even a second later he heard a groan and someone mumble "what the , man?"  

Luhan ended up cuddling with Taemin's arm that night because he felt "lonely." 

But that's not even the reason Taemin is slowly starting to lose his patience. Since everyone but him had something to do, he got stuck with babysitting. He drove him to and fro vocal and dance practice, fed him, and now he's been watching Luhan's every move from his spot on the couch for the last hour or so, observing every little thing he does. It may seem kind of creepy, but he can't help but stare and just see how pitiful the older male is. 

It's kind of annoying, actually. Luhan is in one of the most well-known groups around the world and he's giving up on life just because he couldn't get the "man of his dreams", and Taemin is still confused as to whom that man is. 

Xiumin? Sehun?

Isn't it his fault, though? Wasn't he the one backstabbing the man he so called loves? Aren't relationships within the same group forbidden? Well that's obviously why management tried to put an end to "Hunhan". Looks like that backfired, huh? 

But for Luhan to leave his dorm, cry almost everyday, constantly look through old photos of him and Sehun/Xiumin, only eat once a day, and always crawl into Taemin's bed is just... weak. 

Jonghyun wasn't like this after his failed relationships. 

Taemin's eyes must have shut sometime in the midst of his thoughts and Luhan must have thought he fell asleep, because now the former can feel thin fingers slowly brushing his bangs out of his eyes. He can feel the other staring at him, but he doesn't open his eyes or move. Carefully, his body is lied down and his head is rested on a muscular thigh. 

"Don't be like me, Taemin." Luhan says quietly, his digits carding through the dark locks. "I'm not going to tell you 'don't fall in love', but just be careful with who you fall in love with and how you handle being in love with whomever that lucky girl, or guy, is." His hand trails down from the crown of Taemin's head down to his cheek bones. Even without all the caked up foundation, he's really beautiful. 

On the inside and out. 

"Don't cheat or let people get in the way of your relationship—I sound like a hypocrite, I know. But I hope you don't go down the same road I chose." 

His voice is slowly getting smaller, his hand stopping it's journey just below the other's bottom lip. 

Luhan stops talking and wonders what he's doing and why he's even doing it. Why is he trying to tell him the dos and donts in love? Why is his hand back in the young male's jet black, soft hair again? Why is his mouth opening to speak, again?

"Though you're still young, I know you're not naïve. I know you have common sense," a bitter chuckle escapes his lips, "but I obviously don't." 

There's a shift and Taemin can feel his head being lifted and then set on a pillow. Strangely, the fluffy pillow isn't as comfortable as Luhan's thigh. 

Why is he letting Luhan do this anyways? Yeah, he's exhausted, but is he really the one that needs to be babied right now?

"Even though you can't hear me, I want you to do me a favor." Luhan says after gently covering the other with the small blanket that  was thrown over the arm rest, "you probably think I haven't been aware of my surroundings or thinking of anyone but myself, Sehun, or Xiumin; but there is one thing I've noticed and that's you. Your interactions with Jinki, the way you push him away and roll your eyes at everything he says. The way you look at him when you think no one is looking at you." 

The front of his hair is lifted and secured into a loose ponytail. Taemin can't help but wonder if this is how he treated Sehun. But as Luhan's word sink into his brain his eyes open quick and wide and sees a bright smile being directed towards him. Almost as if Luhan knew he was awake the entire time. 

With a small chuckle Luhan shakes his head. "You and Jongin are just alike, pretending to be sleep so you can get pampered." 

Taemin's mouth opens to say something, but the older male shakes his head again, in a different manner, and let's his hand make a trail from the younger's forehead to his cheek and leaves it there. 

"Is it the ? Because you think he's not interested? Or have you just not realized your feelings yet?" 

Once again Taemin is cut off. "You're not a minor anymore, okay? And he is interested, the way he tries to take care of you and only you is a dead giveaway. I know you're not an idiot so I know you've noticed your feelings, rather you're in love or just in like, do something about it. Running away, denying it, and pushing him away isn't going to solve anything, Tae." 

Maybe Taemin is weak, too. 

Luhan's knees begin aching and that's his cue. The popping and cracking feels like heaven when he stands and stretches. He looks down at Taemin and the latter is staring right back at him with wide, innocent, possibly even frightened eyes. 

"What the , Lu?" 

For some reason those four words have Luhan doubling over with laughter. Maybe because Taemin ruined a very serious, sentimental moment and those said words were the first ones he has said in over two hours, or maybe because he hasn't been able to truly laugh in a week.

When he gets himself together, Luhan walks into Jinki's room and exits it with a bag in both hands. Taemin watches his every move, just like before, from his spot on the couch. He almost unwraps himself out of the cocoon Luhan created for him when he sees the latter putting on his shoes. 

"Sleep, don't worry about me." 

"But—"

"I'll call you in a couple of hours to let you know I arrived home safely, now go to sleep."

What the hell?

 

 

 

Sorry for the longish a/n but..

This is is short because it's only Luhan, but this is just a small update, I'm in the midst of writing xiuchenhun right now. 

 

Kind of mehh but I had to include Taemin and Jinki because they're going to have a role in the xiuchenhan triangle (kind of a spoiler, not really) if I can type out my thoughts.