Let's Go!

My Dumb Love

The school’s spring carnival was coming up and it was for sure the best opportunity for me to confess my feelings. Kai, being the perfect guy that he was, volunteered to work one of the game booths at the carnival. That would make it easy for me to ask him to talk for just a bit and I’ll just immediately tell him. I wouldn’t have to go through the trouble of finding him, it’s absolutely perfect.

I told Sooyoung and Xiumin, my two best friends, my plan and they seemed pretty supportive. We were eating lunch together and talked out how I was going to do it.

“So, are you just going to go up to him or are you going to pull him aside?” Sooyoung asked as she munched on her sandwich.

“It depends if he’s busy with the game booth, if there are a lot of people then I’ll probably just tell him there.” I answered as I finished my homework that I didn’t work on last night, I was too busy figuring out my plan for Kai.

“What are you planning on saying?” Xiumin asked with his mouth full.

“I’m not sure about that yet, I’m planning on improvising.”

The bell rang for 4th period and we went our separate ways.

*

Two weeks just flew by. With every day that passed, my plan was improvised or was added on to. The day of the carnival came and my plan was official. I’m going to go up to him, just tell him I like him, then run away.

Sooyoung and I arrived at the carnival together; we helped set up a few unfinished booths and killed some time. We walked around and played a few games, Sooyoung knew that I was truly just stalling. I didn’t even know if I was ready to do this or not.

“Oh come on Kim Hyoyeon, when have you ever been scared?” Sooyoung bluntly stated.

“I don’t know if I want to do this anymore.” My stomach started to swirl.

More time passed and Sooyoung was getting bored. I just felt even more nervous with every passing minute. As Sooyoung and I were walking around, we happened to find the booth that Kai was volunteering at.

Sooyoung abruptly stopped and looked at me. “Hyoyeon, the carnival is going to end in five minutes and you still haven’t done anything.”

I sighed, she was completely right. When I looked towards Kai’s booth, no one was there, he was just about to clean up. “I’m gonna do it.” I said to Sooyoung right before I started marching up to Kai.

“Hey, Kai.” I softly greeted.

“Oh, Hey Hyoyeon.” He replied as he started to pack the carnival game pieces into a box.

“Do you need any help?” I walked to the other side of the booth and stood next to him.

“No, it’s okay. I got it.”

“Oh, okay. I actually wanted to tell you something.” I said to the back of his head.

He turned around. “What’s that?”

My eyesight shifted towards the floor; I just couldn’t look at his eyes. “I don’t know if you’ve known this or not but I’ve actually had a crush on you for a while now.” I paused to see if he would say something, but he stayed silent. I figured that was a good indicator to leave. “Um… so…. yeah. Bye.”

I ran to where Sooyoung was and she had a big smile on her face, she probably never took her eyes off us.

“Let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s go. LET’S GO!” I yelled as I dragged Sooyoung who seemed to be more in a daze than I was. 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Hey guys. Yes, I know you want to kill me but I'm back! I told you guys that I would finish a story I started no matter what. I hope you guys like this chapter. Remember to subscribe and comment your thoughts. :)