I'll Give Us A Chance

My Dumb Love

Tears poured out of my eyes nonstop, soaking the pillow I was laying on. I smothered my whole face and punch and kicked as much as I could, hoping that it might erase the memory of this night through some sort of miracle.

Less than an hour ago, I gathered all of my courage to confess to the boy I’ve liked for the longest time ever. It was an experience that’s gotten me more nervous than anything else in my entire life. My friends have been telling me to do it and I finally became brave enough but he didn’t say anything! It was most definitely the worst night ever!

To make everything just absolutely perfect, I come home to an empty house with a note that says:

Hey sweetie, we got an urgent call from the company about a work emergency that needed us to go on a business trip right away. We didn’t have time to wait for you but we should be home in about a week. There are fresh groceries in the fridge. See you soon!

                                                                           -Love, mom and dad

Now I’m all alone to sink in my sadness and it already spending Friday night with no plans but I have to spend it thinking about this whole situation gone bad. I would’ve asked Sooyoung to stay and hangout before she dropped me off if I had known, but now I didn’t want to call her to make her drive all the way back.

The tantrum took a lot of energy so I decided to leave my bed, which was now messed up from all the punching and kicking, to get a late night snack. The doorbell rang as I walked downstairs which got me excited. I hoped that it was Sooyoung coming back to spend Friday night with me, a girl’s night is exactly what I need after this whole Kai thing.

When I opened the front door, it was someone who I least expected to come to my house this late.

“Luhan?” I said to the person in front of me. “What are you doing here?”

“Hi Hyoyeon,” He awkwardly said as he rubbed the back of his neck. “I asked Xiumin where you lived and… now I’m here.”

Xiumin and Luhan were best friends, I forgot that. Even if they were best friends, Xiumin still shouldn’t be giving my address away, that’s so stupid.  

“Do you want to come in?” I asked Luhan. He nodded his head and stepped inside, I lead him to the living room.

“So, I heard that Kai rejected your confession at the carnival tonight, are you okay?” Luhan asked me as we sat down on the couch.

“I wouldn’t say that he rejected me, maybe he was just a little nervous. I walked up to him and he stayed quiet, it was all too sudden. Who told you about my confession?” My eyebrows furrowed.

“Sooyoung told Xiumin and Xiumin told me. That’s why I came here, to comfort you, and to tell you something important.”

“What is it?” It was a little strange to me that Luhan would drive to my house so late at night just to comfort me; no one would normally do that for a friend.

“Kai has told me before that he doesn’t like you back. The words that he used when I asked about you were weird and obvious, obvious about the fact that you like him.”

Things started to get blurry as my eyes started to water up, extra tears for Kai were shed once again. “Why are you telling me this, you and Kai are best friends.”

Luhan wiped my tears and held my hands. “There is another thing that I wanted to talk to you about, I couldn’t tell you this before because I knew that you liked Kai. I thought tonight might be a good opportunity to tell you that… I like you. I like you a lot.”

I pulled my hands away. “Luhan, what are you talking about?”

“Will you be my girlfriend, Hyoyeon? If Kai sees us around school and finds out that we’re together, he might get jealous. Use me to get over him, let me be your reason to forget about him. Give me a chance, I know I sound pathetic saying all of this but I’m desperate, I’ve liked you since we’ve met and I can’t take it anymore.”

“Luhan, are you crazy?”

He gave a soft smile and stood up. “When I first met you, it shocked me that someone could be so beautiful and amazing, I think I’ve been crazy ever since. I was hoping that you would understand my feelings but just forget the things I said, have a good night.”

“Luhan, wait.” I grabbed his hand before he could walk away. “This is all senseless but I’ll give us a chance, but I’m not saying that my feelings for Kai will change.”

He gave me a bright smile and pulled me in for a hug. “All I need is a chance, I’ll make you fall for me, I promise.” A smile was brought to my face from his determination.

“Are your parents sleeping?” He asked me.

“No, they’re on a business trip. I’m home alone for the rest of the week.”

“Good, then I won’t be nervous about doing this.” Luhan place his hand behind my head and crashed his lips into mine. It’s was a little weird at first but I kinda liked it.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Happy New Year!!! I've decided to throw in a plot twist in this story because I've been losing inspiration lately so I'm really sorry. Please stay and watch the story get created because I've been getting some really great ideas. I'm very sorry for neglecting this fanfic but I'm getting really excited to incorperate my new ideas to create more excitement. Remember to subcribe and comment your thoughts :)