iii.

Stick With Who?

C H A P T E R iii.

“I love the way we talk and do random things.”

***

              Jonghyun has been busy these past few weeks. We rarely had time to go out on dates, talk on the phone, chat on messenger or randomly talk with each other. He doesn't fetch me from school consistently. He would either fetch me after a day or two which is quite unusual and fishy. And sometimes, when we would have the time to talk it would be only for 10 minutes as the maximum time and less than a minute as the minimum. At times, I would think that he might be cheating on me with another girl and he wants to spend more time with her than me and there would be that day in which he'll break up with me. I found that thought so funny since I know Jonghyun isn't that type of guy. 

 

               I know he loves me. I believe that he loves me. Jonghyun loves me.

 

               I snapped out of my usual, morning thoughts by a demanding knock on my bedroom door. I sat up from my bed and put on my slippers and headed for the door. 

 

              I was welcomed with a tight and warm hug, the moment I opened the door. It was him. 

 

              "Why are you here?" 

 

                He broke the hug and quirked an eyebrow at me while I instantly gave him a 'what' look. "What? No, 'Good Morning' or Good Morning kisses for your handsome boyfriend?" He inquired. 

 

                I gave him a peck on his lips and gave him a warm and sweet smile. "Now, care to explain why you were not being a good boyfriend to me these past few weeks?" I asked as I sat down on the edge of my bed with him following me.

 

                "I knew that you would ask this."

 

                "Of course I would. I'm your girlfriend and I would be dead worried why you were acting like that the past few weeks. I mean, you were never like this before. To be honest with you, I almost doubted you but held on to that promise that you'll love no one other than me," I explained with all honesty. I looked at him and saw guilt and fear in his eyes.

 

                "I'm sorry, Aerin. I'm sorry if I acted like a douche these past few weeks. I'm sorry if I made you a little bit worried. I'm sorry if I acted like that to the point that you were almost uncertain of my love for you. I'm really sorry. My parents were away for awhile and I was tasked to take over our company, which meant a big responsibility. I know that I should've set you as my first priority but there was too much work in the company that I barely had the time to study nor be a good boyfriend to you. I hope you forgive me," he apologized and embraced me.
 

               "I'm not angry or mad at you. I was just worried. I was just a little too over-reacting. I wasn't used to those things: Without you fetching me at the end of the day, talking to you every night 'til sleep came to us — everything. I guess I acted a little bit immature awhile ago. I'm sorry Hyunnie," I apologized with cutesy, knowing that he would go insane if I would do that at serious talks like this.

 

               "Ugh, seriously, Aerin? As in, seriously?" He asked in frustration as he gripped on his hair ever-so tightly. It was cute seeing him go insane.

 

              "I'm just kidding, Jonghyun. Now, is our problem settled now?" I asked, with a glint of hope in my eyes.

 

              "Of course. Now, give your baby a hug... and a kiss," he ordered as he reached out his arms towards you and puckered his lips, shutting his eyes closed, ready to get a warm hug and a kiss from you.

 

               You willingly gave a sweet hug and kiss to Jonghyun. The kiss lasted a bit longer than you both thought. You broke away from the kiss after a few seconds, gasping for air. You looked at each other after awhile and smiled sweetly. 

 

              "Let's go eat breakfast now. Mom and Dad might think we did something erted here," I said and motioned for him to come down with me to the dining room. 

 

               "Let them think that way," he smirked at me and strode past me, exiting my room before me. 

 

               "ert."

 

               "But you love me."

 

               "Shut up, Jonghyun," I hissed as he slung his right arm on my shoulder as the both of us walked down the stairs. 

 

               Once we reached the dining room, I noticed that my parents weren't here. No one was sitting on the middle chair, holding a newspaper without a cup of coffee near him nor a woman sitting at the chair near his right side who would genuinely smile at me and give me a sweet, 'Good Morning Darling' followed by the man's greeting.

 

               "You might be wondering why your Mom and your Dad aren't here. Well, they left early for some important sompany matters, I think," he hesitantly stated and scratched the back of his head.

 

              "Oh, okay then. Let's dig in!" I yelled and took my usual seat while he took the seat beside me. 

 

              While we were in the middle of our funny conversation, the doorbell rang. "I'll go get it." 

 

              I walked to the door and opened it. I saw no signs of someone who would possibly ring the doorbell. I squinted my eyes to get a better view of our front gate and realized that there was something outside there that seemed like it had a brown color. To my curiousity, I walked over to it and examined the package. It was quite normal in size.

 

               I took one more look around our street, finding any sign of a person who might've left this package here. I decided to bring the box inside and show it to Jonghyun.

 

               As I entered the house, Jonghyun immediately asked me what I was carrying. "Duh, a box."

 

               I placed the box on the center table in the living room. Jonghyun came running beside me and once again asked, "What's inside the box?"

 

               I smacked the back of his head and said, "How in the world would I know if I haven't opened it yet?" Sometimes he's such an idiot and it irritates me.

 

             "Sorry, I was just asking," he pouted and sat beside me, keeping his big, dino mouth shut. Not that I don't like it when he asks stupid questions, when in fact, I find it cute, at times. He just sat there in silence eyeing me and the box. "Won't you open that?"

 

              "Of course I will." I reached out to untape the box from the other side, but apparently, it was no use. "Jonghyunnie, can you please get a knife?" I pleaded and he immediately stood up without any complaints. 

 

              After a while, Jonghyun came with a big knife on his hands, scaring the out of me. He knelt down beside me and almost shoved the knife in front of my face, frightening me even more. "Of course you would be anxious, scaredy cat," he teased before proceeding to open the box on his own. 

 

                I watched him as he started to focus on trying to cut off the tape from the box. The way his eyes squints when he's trying to concetrate more, how his lips form a straight line, how his nose scrunches. I would always use times like this to admire how close to perfect this guy was and luckily, he's mine. 

 

              "Done!" he announced and throw his hands up in the air. "Open it! Open it!" he yelled vividly, urging me to open his box. He's even more excited than me, who's the recipient of this box. His loud chants made me open it eagerly.

 

              "YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" I squealed while holding a shocked pomeranian in the air. 

 

              "You seem so ecstatic that you woke up the sleeping puppy! Now, look at his face,"  he stated and pointed at the puppy I was holding. I ostensibly woke this poor guy. "Aw, I'm sorry baby. Did I wake you up from your beauty sleep? Aw, he's so cute! Yay!" I shrieked in excitement, getting up from my place and went to put him inside my room where there's an empty covered dog bed. I deliberatedly placed one inside my room since I always loved to have a puppy of my own.

 

                I took a peek inside it and saw him sleeping soundly. I smiled and went out of my bedroom. I can't help but feel so elated and blissful at the moment. I happily skipped down the stairs and jumped down on the floor at the last step. I walked to the living room whistling my favorite song. 

 

               I unexpectedly saw a sulking Jonghyun on the sofa, mumbling inaudible words. "Why are you sulking there, Hyunnie?" I cooed at him, snuggling with him on the sofa. But the moment that I almost touched his arms, he avoided me and pouted even more. "Hey, tell me, Dino. Tell me," I begged and tugged on his shirt.

 

               "Hmph, just because you got a new baby, you already forgot of your other baby. The moment you saw that puppy, it seemed to you like I've vanished into thin air," he whined.

 

                "I'm sorry jagiya. I'll make it up to you, okay?" He nodded but still kept on a pouting face. "Now, get up! We'll go to the beach." He grinned like a crazy maniac and shouted an 'okay'. I shook my head at his childish behavior. 

 

               Jonghyun was wearing a khaki shorts paired with a white muscle tee and wore only a pair of slippers, while I was wearing a red tank top, white shorts and a pair of red, checkered long sleeves tied up at my waist. 

 

               As we stepped out of the house, he took my hand in his and we continued to walk down our front porch, hand in hand. We decided to just walk to the beach and enjoy the company of each other. We were always like this: happy and contented, as if there weren't any problems at all (well, right now, there aren't any).  We talked about how great our lives was right now, how perfect everything was. We talked about the future, our future, what job we want, how we would want to build our own family, what type of house I wanted, what names we should name our child. There was so much that we wanted to do in the future, and we planned it together.

 

              I know that I have been planning all of this things ahead of time, but I really wish and want Jonghyun to be part of my future. All the great possibilities in the future, I imagine them with him. 

 

              I was brought back to reality when Jonghyun immaturely nudged my side with his elbow, earning a playful glare from me, "Why you mischievous little dino! You really are full of mischief!" I screamed at him and pointed my index finger at him. 

 

              "You were spacing out so I tried to divert your attention to me. You keep on ignoring me," he sulked and childishly crossed his arms against his broad chest. He looked at me with big, puppy eyes, thinking that I would fall for that aegyo of his.

 

               "Ew, Jjong," I feigned disgust and started to run away from him, "I don't know you! I don't know him! I was never with him!" I shouted to the public and pointed at Jonghyun. 

 

               He looked lost and confused, but later on caught up on what was happening around him and went to charge for me. He chased me and I ran faster, but it was no use because he already had me locked up in his arms, both of us giggling and panting. "Running is such a tiring thing to do. Remind me not to run again, ok?" 

 

              "It's not my fault that you ran. You ran with your own will, idiot," He said and pushed my head with his index finger in which I pouted at. "Aw, don't you try to use your aegyo on me, missy."

 

               I stuck my tongue out at him and ran away from him again. As I was running, I kept my eyes on him and watched him as his eyes grew bigger than it was and how his face distorted into a look of both shock and worry; full of worry. I observed him and saw how the white rose fell from his hands and ran to me for the second time, but screaming my name in a full-throated voice this time around. 

 

              "Aerin-ah! Aerin! Look at where you are going!" He shouted all over again and this time I turned to look at where I'm heading at and was met by a blinding light and a boisterous honk of what seemed like a huge truck which caused me to halt before I heard another loud scream from Jonghyun and came in contact with a massive impact. 

 

***

 

  Author's Note:
Chapter 3 is up! :) Sorry for the very late update :( School got in my way and vacation started which meant a whole lot of trips. I have a very full-packed April which means no update for the whole month, but I'll try to catch up on May though. I'm really sorry to my 4 subscribers :( 

Please support, comment, subscribe and if you want, upvote!

-unquixotic