ii.

Stick With Who?

C H A P T E R ii.

“Hold my heart. It's beating for you anyway.”

***

              "Aerin-ah. Do you wanna cut classes?" Jonghyun jokingly suggested as he wiggled his eyebrows cutely.

 

              "Sure, as long as you'll make this afternoon better than what I've imagined," I replied and chuckled to see his shocked reaction, knowing he would react this way.

 

"But I was joking. I don't want you to skip your class because of me," he pouted. 

 

              "I'd rather learn and discover new things with you, than learn it in school." He blushed, which was really bizarre. He kept that foolish grin on his face and took my hand in his.

 

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's escape this jungle." He tugged on my hand and I stood up. 

 

              We casually walked down the hallway, talking about non-sense which is a part of our daily routine. I always found it gratifying everytime he would randomly open up a weird topic and started making practical jokes about it, making me laugh like no one has ever done before.

 

              We reached the school gate and peculiarly, the guard let the two of us leave the school premises. "How can the guard easily let me out?" I asked him. 

 

He just smiled and said, "I don't know. Maybe he's my friend," he shrugged playfully.

 

I lightly punched his chest and whined, "You bribed him, didn't you? You've planned this all along!"

 

             He protectively shielded himself with the use of his arms and chanted a couple of 'oohs' and 'aw'. "Yah, stop it jagiya! Well, I planned this  because I wanted to be with you but I expected you to reject it since I know how much you prioritize your studies," He explained after I stopped hitting him.  

 

              So he still considered my priorities before his hapiness? That's why I love this guy. "Fine, fine. Let's go now and buy me some shawarma, I'm craving," I announced and literally dragged him along the sidewalks. 

 

"You're craving? You're pregnant? Whose is it? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, shaking my shoulder blades, with wide frog-eyes. 

 

              I laughed and pushed him by his chest and lightly slapped him, "Cut off with the acting, jagiya. Just take me to a shawarma stand and I'll love you even more," I chimed while patting his head like a little kid.

 

              "You'll love me even more?" I nodded. "Well, let's go! You didn't say it in the first place, if you did, you should've finished your 2nd shawarma by now," he joked and took me to a shawarma stand, a few stands away from us. 

 

              Jonghyun ordered 4 shawarmas and I curiously asked why, "Just in case one might not be enough for my Aerin," he said and gave me one of the shawarmas. 

 

              "Hey! I'm not that greedy to eat more than one shawarma!" I argued, but he just flashed a cheeky smile and pinched my cheeks. I just ate the shawarma while he started to talk about what he'd take up for college. 

 

              He kept on blabbering and I was half-listening and half-focused on the shawarma. He changed the topic and commented, "Who says she's not greedy after eating almost one and a half shawarma, already?"

 

              "Oh, shut up, Kim Jonghyun. Stop teasing me, would you?" He just took my hand and interlaced it with his, fiddling with my fingers right after.

 

               After eating, Jonghyun dragged me to the mall and started taking me into branded shops and told me to pick anything I like. "But, jagiya! I don't want to waste your money, and besides, I have far too much clothes at home," I whined and persuaded him to just take me somewhere he won't use his money.

 

"No buts! My decision's final. I'm going to buy you clothes whether you like it or not," he announced with finality in his voice. 

 

I didn't budge and continued to stare at him while he gawked at me, "Oh, so you don't like? Fine then, I'll be choosing."

 

That's when I tried to stop him and finally agree to what he wants, "Fine, I'll just buy the cheaper but nice ones. You stay put there."

 

              I didn't want him to pick out clothes for me, not because I don't want to tire him out, but as mean as it sounds, I hate his fashion towards girl clothing. But he has a quite nice fashion sense towards his own gender. He's not the metroual type of guy (the type I like the most), he's just an average guy with stylish clothes. Like right now, he's wearing a blue-striped, Fred Perry Polo, topped with a beige-colored cardigan, paired with navy blue jeans and a black loafer. Stylish, right?

 

"Aerin, yoohoo? Jagiya?" Jonghyun poked me for what seemed like the 3rd time before I snapped out of my thoughts.

 

"Oh, Jonghyun. Sorry," I apologized, but he just waved his hand. 

 

              "Why would you say sorry? Now go along and pick any clothes that you like," he ordered and pushed me lightly and onto the rack of clothes. I looked back at him, unsure whether I' d really pick out clothes and he just gave me a reassuring smile. 

 

The smile was enough for me to start picking out clothes or dresses according to my liking and fashion.

 

              After four hours of picking out clothes and going in and out of branded clothing lines, I was finally done and was now holding 4 shopping bags and 8 more shopping bags held by Jonghyun. I adorably looked at him and gave an apologetic smile. He looked like he was so tired and all but hid it with his signature smile.

 

             "Jagiya, I'm sorry for buying too much. You know that it would take me 5 or more shopping bags before I stop, right?" I cooed and tugged at his shirt. 

 

              "Stop saying sorry, okay?" I pouted but just nodded. "I wanted to treat you, so no more apologies, okay? One more apology and I'll go out of this mall without you," he warned and I immediately hugged his arm and had no intentions of letting go.

 

"Is it okay if I hug your arm even if you're holding those shopping bags?" I asked.

 

"Sure as long as you'll never let go of me, huh?" I just laughed and pecked his cheek like I always used to. 

 

              We went to a packaging counter and deposited our bags there so we won't be having a hard time carrying those bags around while we're having our date. 

 

              After that, we went to different varieties of shops, checked out a whole lot of books since I'm really interested in them. We went to an arcade and played different games, bought an ice cream a shared it. 

 

We did everything you could possibly do in the mall and finished our date at around seven before we decided to go home. 

 

              We took the shopping bags and went to the parking lot and surprisingly found his car there. "Why's your car here? You're really prepared aren't you?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

 

"I don't know," he shrugged at me cutely. 

 

He put the shopping bags at his car's trunk as I sat shotgun. He went in and started his car.

 

              The whole ride was full of soft chuckles and sweet talking. When we reached my house, I asked him to stay for dinner. "Sure, I missed your parents!" He shouted and took all the shopping bags in his hands and even tried to wrap his other arm around my waist.

 

             "Yah! Aren't you finding it hard to do all this? You're carrying 6 bags on your left and 6 bags on the right and your right hand's extended and is wrapped around my waist?" I nagged at him.

 

              He laughed and kissed the side of my head, "Stop worrying about me. You know that I'd do anything for you." I blushed and almost melted at his words.

 

              We went in and we were greeted by my parents. Jonghyun stood still and bowed more than 90 degrees at them, he's always that flustered whenever he'll come to my house but will be himself after some time.

 

              "Good evening Jonghyun! I see that you've bought clothes for Aerin. Isn't that too much?" Even mom worried about him and I gave him a I-told-you-so look in which he just smiled at.

 

"Anything for your daugther, Mr. and Mrs. Baek," he smiled and gave the bags to our maids. 

 

"Come on now, let's eat," Dad clapped like a little kid. Gosh, my parents are so childish.

 

              We then went to the dining room and started to eat. Jonghyun casually started out a topic and made me and my parents laugh. It would always be like this and that's why my parents loved him.

 

After some talking, Dad coughed and announced something, "Aerin-ah, on June 26, we'll be meeting with an important family."

 

I nodded and asked, "How important are they?"

 

              "I'll tell you all the details some day, okay? Now, let's proceed to eating. Hey, Jonghyun-ah? How's school going?" And with that, another cheerful conversation was brought up.

 

              It was around past 8 when Jonghyun accompanied me to my room and told me to sleep. My parents allowed him to enter my room since the amount of trust they had in him is enough for him to enter my room. 

 

"Jagiya, sleep tight okay? I won't leave until you're fully asleep," he told me like he was my dad. 

 

"Aish, fine. Tell me a story, then," I chimed and clapped my hands at him. 

 

              He sat comfortably on the edge of my bed, gazing at me sweetly. He started to make a story and added childish things in it, which caused me to laugh. He would tickle me some time or even steal kisses from me.

 

             After some minutes, he finally decided to go home and asked me to sleep. He gave me a soft and chaste kiss before he bid goodbye and turned off the light in my room and winked before he fully closed the door.

 

              I looked at the door and smiled to myself, thinking how lucky I am to have him as my boyfriend.

*** 

 

  Author's Note:
Chapter 2 is now posted! Is the fluff too much or just average? I made this chapter for all of you to know how I portray Jonghyun as. I decided to portray him as a boyfriend material; a boyfriend every girl would wish for. I hope this isn't too lame or anything negative. If you have some negative thoughts on this, please share it with me so I can change it! :) Thank You! :)

Please support, comment, subscribe and if you want, upvote!

-unquixotic