Chapter 20

Kris's First Love

Chapter 20

Kris and Suzy completely avoided each other in whatever they could. When they saw each other on music programs, they just bowed to each other politely like as if they were strangers. It was affecting them professionally as well. Both of them acted like zombies even though they tried to hide it with a smile but in all vain. Anyone with a brain could notice that something was wrong. Their situation was ruining their lives.

“Yah, Kris. If you are going to act like this, I am going to place you right in the back. What the hell is wrong with you? Even Chen is dancing better than you,” yelled their choreographer which earned him a glare from Chen and a grunt from Kris.  Kris then restarted and he made the same mistake over and over again until the choreographer himself was fed up and he stormed out of the practice room, threatening to quit.

Suzy was no better. Her sweet, bright voice didn’t have its power any longer. Her voice kept on breaking. “Bae Suji, sing! What’s the matter with you?”Miss A’s irritated producers E-Sens had yelled in unison. She had to redo her part over and over until finally the producers had asked her to take a break. “Suji-yah, we think you should take a break. We can finish off the recording of the others’ parts. We’ll do yours later when you’re ready.” they said calmly but Suzy saw they were mad at her.

Later, when all of the other Miss A members were taking a break, they saw Suzy with tear stains on her face which always had a smile despite all of the stupid rumors she had been involved in. However, this was something much more serious.  Her eonnies were concerned for their giant maknae.

“Yah, eonnie. We have to get the old Suzy back.”Min said with a lot of energy. “How, Minyoung-ah? What she saw….what Kris did… a normal person would have had a breakdown.”Jia had said softly. The members sighed. What Jia said was true. Just then Fei piped up. “I have an idea. It’s risky but I think it might work.” she said with a small smile as she told the idea to the other two girls. “Eonnie, this idea is daebak. We just need to call the EXO members.”Min said. She was happy with the idea of getting her dongsaeng back.

“We’ll handle that, Min. You just make sure Suzy doesn’t do anything rash.”Fei said. Min nodded and ran to Suzy who was in her own world, away from hearing distance. “Suji-yah, c’mon. Let’s eat lunch. I am hungry.” she yelled with a lot of spirit as she grabbed her hand. She even did aegyo which she loathed. Suzy smiled and went with her to the cafeteria. The two older ones smiled in spite of themselves. Fei called up Luhan and Jia called up Tao. They told the plan to them. The two EXO members nodded in agreement. “Alright, noona. We won’t tell Kris hyung. We’ll do as you say.” they both said in unison which was funny since they were in different rooms.

“You better bring him to the Han River or else I’ll kill you,”Jia had warned. Tao gulped. She was the only woman who he was scared of. Fei giggled at her and hung up the phone. Jia did the same. “C’mon, let’s put the plan into action.” they said to each other.  They went to the cafeteria where they saw Suzy and Min stuffing food into themselves. “Kids, let’s go to the Han River.”Fei announced. Min(fakely) and Suzy groaned.  “Why, eonnie?”Suzy asked. She was in no mood to go anywhere.

“To relieve stress and…to meet cute guys. I heard cute guys lurk around there.” Jia winked at her. Suzy smiled. “Okay, eonnie. Let’s go.” she got up but Fei pulled her down. “Yah, your eonnies can’t live without food. Let us eat first.” she mockingly scolded her. She rolled her eyes jokingly and she sat down. She felt happy for the first time in a while. Maybe her eonnies were the source to her forgetting Kris.

Meanwhile, at the EXO dorm, Luhan and Tao sent Kris to the convenience store to get something to eat. While Kris was out, the two boys told the plan to the other members. “Seems good, but will Kris hyung buy it?”Sehun asked.  “Ofcourse, he will. He is too much of a zombie to think about anything right now.”Chanyeol giggled at his own joke. “Okay, we’ll see. He’ll be here any moment now.”D.O said with haste as Kris came in.

“Kris hyung, I really want to go to Han River.”Sehun acted cutely. All of the members looked at him in surprise. Sehun was good! “You can go by yourself. Why are you asking me?”Kris said in annoyance. “Aigoo, he said that he’ll only go when you come back. He said he doesn’t want to go with me.”Luhan said, acting hurt. “We’ll all go. Kris, it will be good for you to go. You haven’t been yourself since the incident.”Xiumin said.

Kris sighed. “Fine, let’s go, Sehun.”He said finally relenting. Sehun cheered. 15 minutes later, all of them (both Miss A and EXO) had arrived. Fei and Luhan sent a text to each other telling that they had arrived. It was now time to put their plan in action. Both groups mentioned the two to go ahead with the same excuse; food. “Suji-yah, you go ahead. We’ll go get some food to eat from the convenience store.”Fei said. Suzy nodded and went on ahead. “Hyung, we’ll go get some more food to eat. I really worked up an appetite from practice. You go on ahead.” Kai said coolly. Kris grunted and walked ahead.

 

 

Suzy couldn’t help but feel calm. Her all alone, the wind blowing against her face, her hair flowing in all directions, the river gushing. It was therapeutic. Kris, on the other hand, walking from the other direction, didn’t have anything on his mind except the idea on how to get Suzy back. He loved her and he wasn’t going to give up so easily. Just then, he stopped.

He saw her, looking even more beautiful. It couldn’t be….it was as if God had read his thoughts. “Suji-yah…”he yelled. She looked up in surprise and then she saw Kris. Her face had surprise and anger written on it. “Oppa…”she said slowly.