Chapter 4: 40 Days

Forbidden Love

Hi I'm back for long long long writer's block sorry. Now that I have my darling OhEvilHun94 as my co-author, I think I won't have any writer's block anymore hehehe

 


Tao’s POV


After I walked her home and make sure she got home safely, I went back to my place. Before I even put my steps to where I was belonged to, two unknown males suddenly dragged me to the President’s Black House. I knew so well what they wanted to do. So I prepared myself mentally and physically. I didn’t need any explanation since their eyes had explained everything that would happen to me. 


    “YOU SHOULDN’T MINGLE IN HUMAN’S BUSINESS HUANG ZITAO!” President’s voice echoed to the hall.


    “But— she’s the only one who I love.”


    “Tch—it doesn’t mean anything to me Huang Zitao, you know you can’t!”


    “But…”


    “If you meet her again, I’ll drag you to the hell Huang Zitao!”


    “Can we change her into vampire? I mean, can’t she live like us?” I asked. The President raised his eyebrows.


    “It doesn’t even make sense, Huang Zitao.”


    “We’re also not the pure-blood of vampire president. Each of us has our own history of getting involve with what we are now,” I reminded him. I turned into vampire when one of the oldies vampires here bit me.


    “But, we are not going to turn somebody healthy like her into vampire!!!”


I sighed. Yeah, I knew it too. When I got bit by vampire, I was suffering from weird illness. Doctors had tried so hard to cure me. But, the attempts always met with failures.


Then on a one cold night, an unknown figure visited me and bit me on the neck – my blood. That was when I turned into a vampire and I was immortal – I am immortal.


    “President, I love her. You should know that.”


    “Bodyguards, beat him up so that he will realize with whom he is dealing with!!!” 


The bodyguards beat me up. I couldn’t even fight back. They were thousand times stronger than me.


    “FATHER!!!” Suho yelled. The bodyguards stop hitting me and bowed to Suho.


    “ out of this, Suho! Once is enough!”


    “Father, we can solve this thing.”


    “How?” Suho helped me to get up.


    “Are you okay?” he mumbled. I nodded slightly.


    “Father, he’s my friend. Could you please consider it as one of my wish?”


    “Son, it doesn’t mean he can do whatever he wants just because he’s your friend – you know your father well, dear.”


Suho sighed – staring at his father with glaring eyes then turned to look at me. There was something hiding behind his eyes. I could see it but I couldn’t figure it out until he blurted out a question. 


    “Tao-ah, are you willing to sacrifice everything for Hana?”


    “Of course,” Was the words I said. Suho was such a fool, asking for a question that he already knew what the answer was.


    “You don’t feeling regret?”


    “Why should I?” I bluntly asked. Suho turned back to his father then said, “Father, I have one solution.”


    “What? I bet you won’t say anything,” The president shrugged. 


    “Ten years ago, things like these usually happened right? Well if it’s not usual then let’s just say it – once happened. Like what had happened to the guy named Daehyun?”


    “Well like what you’ve said,” He said, slightly nodded but furrowing his brows in confusion, wondering of what his son trying to say. 


    “From what I’ve read, vampires could also fall in love with human.”


   “Doesn’t make sense, what’s the point?” His father denied; shook his head abruptly – still didn’t get of what was the main point of his son trying to state. Then something clicked his mind that made him smirked. 


 “The point is, let him choose well of course with a condition.” Suho muttered and raised his brows – staring at his father. 


 “Go ahead,” The president said. 


 “What?” I asked curiously.


 “Tao, you can date Hana like others. But, you’ll be completely vanished after 40 days.” My jaw dropped – Suho was smiling at me and my mind tried to process of what he just blurted out and what was the meaning behind his smile. I couldn’t say yes – couldn’t even say no because what was the meaning of I would be vanished after 40 days? Was that mean I need to die and leave my lover alone? 


    “I don’t get it,”


    “After 40 days, you’ll be dead. You’ll be neither human nor vampire anymore. Means, you can’t see Hana anymore after 40 days. If you still want to live as vampire, you need to forget Hana. You’ll be under Grampire to be brainwashed. Your past won’t be with you – you memory will be erased to be exact. And we’ll kill Hana; this is something like exchange, if you know what I truly meant Tao,”


    “What?” I was a bit startled; did Suho just tell me that I needed to forget her for my entire life?


    “You’ll have no memories about Hana and Hana will die in our hands.”


    “No, no! Don’t you try to lay a finger on her! I won’t let this happen!” I cried.


    “Whatever your decision is, you need to choose either you or Hana.”


    “Everything is in your hands.” The President interrupted.


    “I’ll choose……..her.” 


Yes, I made my decision – I chose her. For God’s sake I loved her and for her own sake, I chose to die. Love needed to sacrifice, either we have to or willing to. Suho smiled and nodded at me, indicating that he was agreed with me. The President was still with his serious expression.


After that, I weakly dragged my legs to Hana’s house. She looked worried when she saw me in the state of bleeding and with wounded lips. I could feel her love towards me. She eyed me with sadness plastered on her face. It hurt me to see her cried. I didn’t want to leave nor did I want to let him cry but I was in between the death and sacrifice and I didn’t want to see her leave this cruel world. 


    “I’m sorry, Hana. I have to.”
_________________________________________________________________________________

That night, you had a vicious dream. Tao was surrounded by ten males. They tied him sitting on the chair. His eyes were red – puffy and he was bleeding severely.


    “Tao, it’s the time.” Someone said. You couldn’t figure out who he was. Tao slightly nodded and smiled. Not that he wanted to smile but it was something in me saying that he was forcefully smiled – dealing with something that he himself couldn’t resist. 


    “Are you ready?”


    “Yes, I am.”


    “Any last message?”


    “Tell her, I’ll love her forever – even at the point of exhaling my last breathe.” Someone patted Tao’s back and stabbed him in one go just like how people chopped the meat with some kind of knife. Tao yelped out the pain – you saw the blood oozing out, flowing to non-stop. No! You mentally screamed. 


    “Are you really sure you want to do this? It’s just a first stab, Tao.”


    “Yes, I’m sure.” He weakly said – choking on his own breath because of the painful stab. 


After that, a different male stabbed him again. It continued until the ninth male let himself in. It was hurt to see your loved ones being treated like an animal, he was severely hurt but you couldn’t do anything to save him from the torture – it was the torment that nobody could bear and not even the immortal because pain would still be pain. You cried behind the trees.


The tenth male pulled out his sword. He looked so powerful – taking a deep breath before digging the sword to Tao’s chest. Pressing hard until the blood flowed down his skin.


Tao screamed – collapsed on the ground. He was at the state of fighting between the live and dead. Only in a brief second, his chest stopped from rising and fall. The men surrounded him, eyeing with smirks plastered on their face. 


    “He’s dead.” One of the men said. 


That was the last word that you could remember in your dream.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Tao’s POV


I stared at her lovingly. She looked so peaceful in her sleep. I played with her fringe. She has the perfect features I couldn’t find it at any other woman. 


Her eyelashes, even it’s not long, but it’s perfect to me. Her round tipped nose looked cute and perfect on his face with her plump lips that fit perfectly with mine. I never had enough with her lips. She has tempting lips. The small mole on her collarbone looked so y – her milky-white skin with the black-silky hair and everything was perfect to me.


The innocence showed on her sleeping face, the peaceful and serene dreams blocking out the dangers of the outside. The soft breathing making the world seemed to stand still.


I placed a kiss on her cheeks. Unknowingly, a tear came down.


Ting ting. That sound give sign it’s already 12.00 a.m.


Means, I only have 39 days left.
__________________________________________________________________________________

The sun rays blinded your sight. Groggily, you woke up and found Tao was staring at you with a smile plastered on his lips. You smiled back at him.


He held a tray of coffee and toast – placing the tray on your lap.


    “Breakfast on bed, my beauty,” he said and kissed your forehead.


    “Thanks Tao. You don’t have to do this.”


    “I’m bored since I couldn’t sleep.”


You giggled before handed off the tray to him.


    “Let me at least brush my teeth first.”


He nodded and placed back the tray on the nightstand. He patted the empty place next to him, signaling you to sit. You rested your case beside him. As you sat down, he leaned closer to you and pecked your lips.


    “Tao, why are you being so into skin ship today?” you asked while raising your eyebrows slightly.


    “Because I love it.”


    “I don’t know you can be so cheesy like this.”


    “Hana.”


    “Hm.”


    “Eat up. I made this with my own effort.” You laughed. He looked at you with confusion. 


    “It’s just a toast, Tao.”


    “But, it’s me who made it.”


   “Okay, okay. I’ll eat it since you made it for me with full of love. Am I right?” you grabbed a piece of toast and ate it – munching cutely. Then he passed you a mug of coffee and you sipped it slowly before placing it on the night stand right on your side.


You looked at him. He was being weird today. Usually he would carefully touch you but today. It was something indescribable. 


    “Why?” he asked – slightly frown.


   “Mind to tell me what happened last night? What’s with the wounded lips and you’re bleeding, don’t tell me that you’re trying to be a superhero and ed up with the street monsters.” 


    “Nothing’s happened,” he answered nonchalantly making you more confused. 


    “You’re lying right now.”


    “No, I’m not. I’m serious. Nothing happened.”


    “Tao…”


    “Yes, my love.”


    “Move in here.”


    “What?”


    “I never had a good sleep like yesterday. It’s because you’re beside me so I can sleep peacefully last night.”


    “Really?” you nodded. He your hair. “If I say yes?” he asked.


    “I’d be happy.” You replied.


    “Okay. I’ll stay here. With you.”


You widened your eyes in surprise and extremely happy with the fact that he agreed, but it made you feel anxious. He was hiding something from you. Something unseen that even you yourself couldn’t figure out by just staring at his eyes. 


You could feel something bad would happen soon.


Oh hi!!! Chapter 4 up!

How was it?

Thanks to my co-author for editing this for me hehehe

Thank you for reading! ^^