Step Five ; Discuss

This Boy

“Good morning, Youngjae!”

Daehyun greeted as loud as ever, don’t even forget to wrap his arms around the younger’s shoulder like usual. Daehyun doesn’t know as well why he does this every day, but, it’s already becomes habit and when Daehyun has a habit, it will hard for him to not do it.

“Uh, good morning.”

Youngjae quickly flinches, try to get released from Daehyun’s arms and he did it. It’s already become their habit and Youngjae actually never mind it so much. He thinks it’s okay to have a skinship with a friend. And, it’s not like he hates when Daehyun does it so he doesn’t mind it.

But these days, he feels like his body has its own mind, and so it flinches whenever Daehyun touches him. It feels weird though, and Youngjae, himself doesn’t understand it.

He never felt like this before. Like, never. Like when he had Jaebum as his best friend, even though they did friendly hugs so many times, Youngjae never felt weird. He thinks it’s normal. Why can’t friend have skinship with each other?

He starts to think that there was something weird going on with him. He thinks that maybe he feels uncomfortable with Daehyun? If someone asked that, Youngjae will answers a no. Obviously no, because Daehyun was the most person Youngjae is comfortable with.

When Youngjae is thinking, he will only get focused with what he think—which makes he ignores the world. Like, the whole world. If someone called him, he won’t recognize unless the person starts to shakes Youngjae’s body or pats Youngjae’s shoulder.

Youngjae doesn’t remember any bad thing Daehyun ever did to him which made him feel uncomfortable like this. Well, he can’t say that he was uncomfortable with Daehyun though. But, he can’t think any word to describe his weirdness now.

He starts to think that he would need someone to talk with, which is not Daehyun of course since what he wants to talk about is related with Daehyun. He doesn’t want Daehyun to know he feels uncomfortable around him.

But, who can help me?

Youngjae never stop to ask himself. He never really talked with someone beside than Daehyun. The last time he has serious topic to talk about beside Daehyun was with Himchan. They were talking about how Daehyun can be such a good friend so Youngjae finally told Himchan all the story since he was in elementary school.

Blame that diva who’s fussy enough to make Youngjae told his full story.

Oh right, Himchan!

He mentally snaps his finger at the thought. He ever talked something serious with Himchan so it won’t be too weird if he did it again. He actually smiled right now, mentally praising himself for being so smart.

 

Break time comes and Youngjae quickly stands up from his seat. He throws simple ‘want to go to Himchan’s class.’ when Daehyun asked him where does he want to go. Of course Youngjae didn’t miss Daehyun’s childish pouts when knowing Youngjae isn’t going to spend break time with him.

“I will play with you as soon as I get back, alright?”

After Daehyun gives a smile and a nod—which was in Youngjae’s opinion quite cute, the younger quickly walks away toward Himchan’s class. He smiles at the thought he’s going to ask Himchan. Because, he knows that the older will solve his problem sooner or later, and it won’t make Youngjae feels weird around Daehyun again.

He peeks at Himchan’s classroom which was located at freshmen corridor. He feels weird being there. Nerd from junior year suddenly comes to see Himchan, which was one of the popular students here. Well, of course Youngjae knows it. Daehyun ever said Himchan has a lot of fans, and known as ulzzang in their school—while his boyfriend, Yongguk is captain of soccer team—which makes his popularity just going up and up.

“Who are you?”

Youngjae gulps at the sight of someone who is standing tall in front of him. He was way taller than Youngjae, and Youngjae starts to feel scared for some reason. He knows that this senior of him won’t beat him down or something, but his way to talk was too cold and Youngjae is… scared.

“H-H-H…”

Youngjae mentally slaps himself for not being able to talk properly. This is almost like the first time Youngjae talked to Yongguk. But that time was fine though, since Daehyun was beside him. But now, he’s all alone and he should deal with someone who is… scarier than Yongguk.

“Can’t you talk properly? You’re junior, aren’t you? What are you doing here?”

“I-I-I am s-searching for s-someone,” Youngjae mentally praises himself for being able to stutter—instead of just freeze there.

“Alright. Who are you searching?”

Youngjae feels scared again for some reason. This person’s voice is not helping at all and Youngjae starts to shake. He doesn’t know. He thought that this was because he hasn’t talk to seniors for a long time and now he feels intimidated. But then he thought again that he was fine talking with Yongguk at the first day.

He actually has courage to talk when Daehyun is around him. Oh, how he hopes Daehyun is here right now.

“Oh, Youngjae! Are you searching for me?”

Youngjae’s head snapped up. Himchan. He nods furiously so the scary man will understand and leave them two.

“Whoa, Yifan, what are you doing with him? He looks so scared.”

Himchan laughed lightly as he wraps his arms around Youngjae’s shoulder, while the guy named Yifan just rolled his eyes and walks away.

Youngjae glances at Himchan’s arm which was wrapped his shoulder. This is one of skinship he would flinch when Daehyun did it, but why he doesn’t feel weird when Himchan does it to him? Well, that’s weird. He thought that way.

“So, what brings you here?” Himchan beamed at Youngjae as he brings the younger to walk somewhere.

“I want to… discuss something…” Youngjae answered lowly. He feels embarrassed yet weird with what he’s going to discuss about. But, he believes that Himchan would understand something.

Himchan is a thoughtful person for some situation. Like now, he brings Youngjae to somewhere with nobody around because he thinks maybe Youngjae wants to talk something personal. That’s what Youngjae likes to being friend with Himchan.

So then Himchan brings Youngjae to the library. Himchan knows right library was one of Youngjae’s favorite places.

“What do you want to discuss about?”

Himchan smiled and asked after both of them get a seat. Youngjae plays with his fingers for awhile, not sure where should he start his story first, while a half of himself feels weird to share this kind of story with Himchan.

“I feel… weird…”

“Weird?” Himchan blinked, not getting any clue.

“It was about Daehyun. Um, I feel weird lately—I don’t know. I feel like uncomfortable, but it’s not like I’m uncomfortable. I mean, It’s… uh…” Youngjae scratched his not-itchy head. He doesn’t how to say it since he can’t even describe his own weirdness right now.

“Well? Can you tell me what kind of uncomfortable you feel around Daehyun?” Himchan raised an eyebrow. “I can tell it’s normal to feel uncomfortable around him. Since he’s just too noisy and annoying…”

“No, It’s not like that. It’s not like I feel uncomfortable because he’s noisy. I mean, it was… like, myself? I’m so weird lately, which myself can’t even describe it. I feel something tingle when Daehyun is near or when I feels like my whole body thumps because he does simple skinship. I can understand if it happens when I’m with another people, but it only happened when I’m with Dae—”

“You fell in love with him?!” Himchan’s eyes are wide, looking at Youngjae with both shocked yet excited. Luckily he reminds himself he was in library so his voice isn’t that loud. At least no one get annoyed with his voice.

“W-W-What? No!” Now it’s Youngjae’s turn who has his eyes wide. Blush crosses his cheeks. For some reason, he looks so cute right now and actually, Himchan feels like wanting to squish Youngjae’s cheeks.

“No?” Himchan frowned. “You do like him, don’t you?”

“I-I like Daehyun as a friend…” Youngjae stuttered a bit. What Himchan meant by fell in love? He never, he never felt something like that. Sure he does know about love, but he just never really felt it. “I don’t even understand what love is…”

Himchan frowns. By what Youngjae just told, he practically knows that Youngjae never fell in love with anyone. Himchan assumes that Youngjae is actually falling in love, but he doesn’t know that he does fell in love with Daehyun.

“Maybe you still need time to understand your own feeling. But, I’m pretty sure you fell in love with Daehyun.”

Youngjae shrugs lightly. “I don’t know hyung, I don’t understand. I basically hate noisy people so I don’t think I would fell in love with Daehyun because, um, you know he’s way too noisy.”

“Do you ever hate him?”

“I did… before we start to talk with each other. Well, it’s not like I hate him though. I just feel annoyed. But now, I know he is actually kind of nice… and a good friend of course. I won’t be like this if he didn’t help me…” Youngjae explained. “He really helps me a lot. You know, until now, I still have some problem to talk to random people. Especially who has scary looks like… um, Yongguk. But, that time was fine since Daehyun was beside me. I always enjoy his company. And, I really like his smile…”

Himchan stares at Youngjae in awe. Himchan doesn’t know why but it brings his emotion as well when he listened to Youngjae. What Youngjae said about Daehyun just sounds so pure. Well, maybe it was just Himchan who brings it too far but he really heard the glimpse of affection in Youngjae’s voice.

“Hyung, it feels weird here…” Youngjae bites his lower lip as he puts his hand on his chest. It’s thumping fast just because he was talking and thinking about Daehyun. “Is it normal? My heart sometime beats too fast when it comes to Daehyun…”

Himchan puts his hands on both of Youngjae’s shoulder. “Listen, I think you do really fell in love with Daehyun. It’s normal to happen to people that is falling in love, Jae.”

“Y-You think I do fall for him?” Youngjae stuttered, while Himchan just nodding his head excitedly.

“I will help you! You’re too cute to suffer so I will make sure that Daehyun feels the same way!” Himchan grinned happily toward Youngjae.

Youngjae thinks it’s not good to force Daehyun to have the same feeling with him, but, Himchan already grin this wide, which means he’s too excited right now. Not wanting to break Himchan’s grin, he eventually nods his head slowly.

 

 

There was Daehyun, waiting for Youngjae to comeback but guess that thing won’t going that way. Break time almost over and Daehyun can’t help but looking around at corridor for Youngjae.

He wonders what Youngjae is actually doing with Himchan. Why does it have to be Himchan anyway? Youngjae can always talk with him, he thought that way.

Every time Youngjae has problem, Youngjae always tell Daehyun. Daehyun knows right Youngjae’s family condition and whatever thing about it.

Daehyun frowns again at the thought that Youngjae now looks like more comfortable with Himchan than him. Daehyun doesn’t know why does he think that way while Youngjae already told him that he’s more comfortable with him than any other else.

Am I too possessive?

Daehyun sighed at the thought. He admits he is too possessive over Youngjae. He doesn’t know why, he just doesn’t like it when he sees Youngjae plays with someone else other than him. Daehyun knows Jongup the longest but he doesn’t really care if Jongup hangs out with Junhong or Himchan more than with him.

That thought bring question for Daehyun. Why does he become too possessive when it comes to Youngjae?

He shrugs away the thought. Daehyun isn’t type of thinker. He doesn’t like to think much, it causes himself to become more confuse and confuse. He sighs as he realizes he walks until the end of the corridor, where library located at.

Daehyun decides to walk back, until he catches glimpse of Youngjae’s face through Library’s window. He tries to look at better angle.

He widens his eyes at the sight Himchan is putting his hands on both of Youngjae’s shoulder. Their face was close. Too close, Daehyun thought.

What the hell they’re doing there?!

He mentally groans. He walks away. The image of Himchan and Youngjae still perfectly attached on Daehyun’s mind, which makes he wants to swat that image away from his brain. He can’t actually understand why he’s being so angry because of that.

Youngjae can be friend with anyone he likes, though. And if, if Youngjae starts to fall in love with someone, that’s perfectly fine because it’s normal.

“Daehyun!”

Daehyun turns his head to see Youngjae was running toward him. He can’t help but smile slightly at the fact Youngjae left Himchan for him.

“Hey. I was waiting for you in the class but then you’re gone so long so I was searching for you. And I found you with Himchan hyung at library, I wanted to get in but I think I will disturb you, so…”

Daehyun smiled, but his smile slowly fades away when he sees blush crossed Youngjae’s cheeks. He secretly balled his fist. Why does Youngjae blush just because Daehyun mentioned he found Youngjae with Himchan in library?

“Y-Y-You didn’t hear what were we talking a-about, did you?”

Youngjae blushes furiously, not even forget to stutters. The sight of blushing Youngjae was cute, but knowing it was because of Himchan, Daehyun frowns even more.

“No. What did you talk about, actually?”

Daehyun raised an eyebrow. He believes that Youngjae won’t keep any secret from him because he knows Youngjae is closer to him more than anyone else. If Himchan knows something, Daehyun thinks he deserves to know it too.

Youngjae shakes his head, “I-It’s nothing.” He answered. “Anyway, let’s get back to the class. Break time will over.” He smiled slightly before walks toward the class.

 

Daehyun looks at Youngjae in disbelief. He knows that it’s not nothing. There was something. The fact that Himchan knows something he doesn’t know about Youngjae just makes him feel angry, yet jealous.