Step Four ; Weird and Awkward

This Boy

“Youngjae!”

Without any greeting, Daehyun was just there, running quickly toward his best friend before wrapping his arms around Youngjae’s shoulder. He looks like so excited because of something, and Youngjae is there, looking suspiciously at Daehyun, try to guess what exactly happened.

“Morning, Daehyun. Don’t tell me you become all eager because you just got new gossip?”

Youngjae rolled his eyes at his own sentence. He actually doesn’t really sure if it was really a new gossip or not, but, his own sentence remind him to Daehyun is actually a gossiper who always know what’s up.

“You know me.” Daehyun grinned widely, yet shamelessly. “Jongup is dating with Junhong~” He said in sing-a-song tone, but keeps it low since there’s another people in their class, so it will be audible only for Youngjae.

The other boy almost chokes air. He feels happy. He knows that both of them actually like each other. It’s so obvious if you see a blush crept on Junhong’s cheeks whenever Jongup does skinship or when Jongup talked nervously because Junhong was too close.

Junhong has ever told Youngjae about Jongup at Youngjae somehow found it cute. Really, He wanted to squish Junhong’s cheeks as soon as blush crept on Junhong’s face while was talking about Jongup.

“Really? I already thought both of them will be couple somehow!”

Youngjae squealed happily, but not so loud. He knows right away it’s still secret since Daehyun was practically whispering instead of saying it out loud.

You know it’s weird when Daehyun suddenly talks so calmly if there’s nothing to hide? He’s such a blunt person. Youngjae thought that way.

“I guess Himchan was behind this. I know Jongup will never be the first person who thought about confessing. He’s just a very shy person—and, you know who will have idea like this…” Daehyun rolled his eyes slightly before releases a light laughs.

“It’s definitely Himchan.” Youngjae follows Daehyun to laugh as well. Youngjae knows right how straight-forward Himchan could be. He must be the one who told Jongup to just confess his feeling. He can clearly imagine the scene of Himchan ‘forced’ Jongup to just do what he says.

Jongup and Junhong are just really, really cute in both of Daehyun and Youngjae opinion. Daehyun has been friend the longest with Jongup and he does know how hard that boy fell into Junhong. Daehyun knows it right away by sparks in Jongup’s eyes whenever the latter talked about Junhong.

Daehyun doesn’t know Junhong as well as he knows Jongup, but they’re considered as close friend so Daehyun practically knowing that Junhong actually likes Jongup back just as much as the other boy does. It was obvious, somehow, whenever Junhong blushes with only Jongup looks at him right on the eyes.

Junhong never told Daehyun if he really does like Jongup or not, Daehyun just guessed and he got it right. He actually a bit surprised when few days before, Youngjae did tell him that Junhong said he likes Jongup. Daehyun has been friend with Junhong for around a year but looks like the younger is more comfortable with Youngjae who just has been friend with him for around months.

Daehyun remembered clearly Youngjae’s happy face when Daehyun told that Jongup has the same feeling as Junhong but he was too shy to confess so their love remains untold. That day, Youngjae actually wanted to make they’re just dating right away but Daehyun holds him back, saying that it’s better for them to find it themselves.

Well, it was like that until Himchan came and somehow forced Jongup to confess, though. But things are going good so it doesn’t matter.

 

“I can’t let it be like that when both of them just obviously love each other~”

That was Himchan’s answer when Youngjae asked so, not forget to wiggle his eyebrows and throw a mischievous smirk to Jongup and Junhong who was sitting across from him shyly. They, with Yongguk, Youngjae, and Daehyun too, are sitting on usual seat at the cafeteria to have lunch.

“But hyung, isn’t it better to let them find it themselves? It sounds more romantic, anyway!”

“Heh,” Himchan rolled his eyes. “It somehow makes them together so shut your mouth.”

Youngjae releases a soft chuckle at the sight of mentally scolded Daehyun. Himchan can be so scary sometime when there’s someone who doesn’t agree with what he said. Everyone knows that, even Youngjae knows automatically the first time he talked with Himchan.

And somehow, this Daehyun still has a courage to says what Himchan said or did was wrong. Youngjae chuckles again at the memory of when he and Himchan are making chocolate, then Himchan growled about ‘I can’t believe that big-mouth Daehyun has been a good friend to you until you want to make him chocolate!’

“Anyway, guys.” The deep-voiced Yongguk said, and the others practically being silent in surprised and slight fear of the deep voice. Everyone is looking at Yongguk with serious face, except Himchan who looks like takes it easily.

“Oh right!” Himchan clapped his hand one time, looks like he has remembered something. “Actually, Gukkie and I were planning about watching movie together with all of you too! And, since Jongup and Junhong started dating as well, this can be kind of congratulating both of them.”

“Yeah, I found good movie to watch this weekend.” Yongguk said.

“Oh, this will be fun!” Junhong clapped his hand happily. “We should go, Jonguppie!”

“Of course! Movie with all of you always sounds fun!” Jongup grinned

“Don’t say it was Catching Fire, the movie I’ve been wanted to watch!” Daehyun grinned in excitement. “It will be fun, right?” Daehyun looked at Youngjae, unconsciously hold the latter’s hand.

Youngjae widens his eyes in surprise, and jerks his hand away from Daehyun before nodding slowly. Sure that Youngjae wants to watch movie with the others, because, he likes to watch movie so much. Like, so much.

Youngjae’s mind flies to few weeks ago when he watched movie with Daehyun only. He still remembers how loud Daehyun been while watched the film. He will talk non-stop. He will ask and won’t stop until he gets the answer. Youngjae can’t help but frowns at that, he doesn’t like it when Daehyun being so damn loud while he actually can just be quiet and watch the film.

Being a thinker Youngjae is, he practically thinks awkward situation that will follow if they’re going together since Junhong and Jongup are already dating, so do Yongguk and Himchan. Which mean, Youngjae will mostly spend his time or talk with Daehyun. He doesn’t think it is bad, though.

Well, but being in the middle of lovebirds, make Youngjae think about how to put himself with Daehyun there.

What the hell I was thinking about…

 

Weekend is coming almost like a blink of eye. Now, Youngjae was there, waiting for anyone to come in front of the cinema building. They will meet up around nine since the movie plays a half after nine. Youngjae was the type of person who likes to come earlier.

He never likes anyone who comes late. Who comes after the promised time. He doesn’t like it at all. He thinks that kind of person is a disorganized person. And that kind of person will instantly disliked by Youngjae.

As the time is going, Himchan and Yongguk come together, and followed by Junhong and Jongup. Youngjae looks at his wrist-watch. It almost 9.30 but Daehyun hasn’t come yet. Good thing they already have the ticket so they don’t need to queue for tickets again.

Youngjae grumbles under his breath. His eyes are wandering around as he searches for Daehyun. It will be very, very awkward if Daehyun doesn’t come today because he’ll be in the middle of couples. And, how should he put himself when both of the couples do lovey-dovey things in front of him?

Oh god Daehyun please just come and save me from this awkward situation.

Youngjae secretly pleaded as he looks at Junhong and Jongup couple who starts to hold hands while looking at each other with meaningful eyes, also the Yongguk and Himchan couple who is arguing like an old married couple about which seat they should take.

“Sorry.”

Youngjae almost jumped as he feels someone patted his shoulder from behind. He wants to ask Daehyun why was he late but he ignores it. At least Daehyun has come and he will, at least, saved from awkward situations.

“Seems like we’re complete now.” Yongguk said, before giving each of them one ticket. “Let’s go inside.” He said, before pulling Himchan’s hand and walks toward the cinema.

 

So, there are six seats. Yongguk and Himchan obviously sit next to each other and so do Jongup and Junhong. Youngjae and Daehyun ended up sit next to each other like always.

Like always, yes. Whenever six of them watch a movie, Youngjae always sit beside Daehyun because he’s scared if he might get awkward or not feel comfortable if he sits beside someone other than Daehyun.

The movie is started. Himchan and Yongguk already cuddled with each other, Junhong and Jongup still awkwardly holds each other hand. Youngjae glances at four of them and sighs, they’re already into deep with their own lover and the movie, while usually six of them will talk freely with each other.

Youngjae looks at Daehyun’s hand which was rested on armrest beside him. The atmosphere becomes tense and he doesn’t know exactly why it becomes this way.

He was confused for some reason. He was confused with the confusing atmosphere.

Youngjae glances at the other four, the couples are holding their lover’s hand. Youngjae gulps quietly before he looks away to the screen, almost gasps lightly at the kissing scene which makes there’s tingling sensation in his heart.

What the hell is this… He thought, as he runs his hand onto his chest, looking down slightly. I’m so weird…

“Look like they have their own world.”

Youngjae jumped slightly from his seat as Daehyun suddenly whispered to his ear. His voice was low, so the other people won’t be annoyed by his voice.

His heart beats fast, He was surprised. Well, mostly surprised. He was sure there’s something else than surprised, it was tingling but he chooses to ignore the other feeling.

“They?”

“Yongguk and Himchan, so do Junhong and Jongup.” Daehyun rolled his eyes slightly, glancing at the pair of couples.

“Oh… ha, yeah.” Youngjae awkwardly answers before look away.

He feels so awkward right now. It almost like when the first time he talks with Daehyun but something is a bit different than that. He was wondering. He was wondering why he feels so awkward and weird. He sighs quietly.

Maybe it was because the atmosphere was a bit awkward and—before Youngjae could finish what he thought about, he feels something heavy on his shoulder. He looks to side, there was Daehyun resting his head onto Youngjae’s shoulder.

Youngjae was going to open his mouth before he looks at Daehyun, found the latter is sleeping. Youngjae shakes his head lightly at the older. How could he sleep in such situation?

His breath hitches and his heart is beating furiously at the slight move of Daehyun’s head. It causes Daehyun’s knuckle accidentally touch Youngjae’s.

Youngjae bites his lips lightly, feels a bit uncomfortable with furious beating yet he feels comfortable having the older’s head on his shoulder. He actually doesn’t understand what’s going on with him. Again, he runs his hand onto his chest, feeling the beats are just getting faster and Daehyun’s slight moves don’t help to slow it even a bit.

 

Why the hell I feel so damn weird and awkward?


A/N: idk but i feel this is the most among the other chapter because this one was just weird and awkward chap. Uh. Leave any comment? /pleading eyes/ -shot-