↷ Flipped.

` A P H R O D I T E ♔ A Hayoung One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title : Flipped

Pairing : Hayoung & Sehun

Words Count : 1,746

Author's Note : The first story! I wrote it not long ago; at the end of January I supposed.. I'd like to know what do you think about this story ^^ and I can see many people are already shipping them keke. Request is still closed, sorry ^^;

**) This story is inspired by Wendelin Van Draanen’s book, Flipped and the movie with the same title. Some incidents inside the story might be the same or a remake version by me.

 

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The very first time they met was exceptionally beautiful, as Hayoung said. She was just 8 that time, alone with no friends in home for being the only child. So, when she heard the news about this new family moving in to the house right in front of hers, she was more than happy. Moreover, the family just had to have a kid around her age that time.

Young Hayoung kept waiting and asking her grandma when's the new neighbor—especially the kid—will move in and her grandma would always answered, "soon." She even counted the days of when they'll be moving in.

And when the new family had finally came, Hayoung was more than excited to go and see them. But her grandma always reminded her that they needed time to adjust to the new home and that the girl should give them more time.

"Can I go now?" asked Hayoung for the nth time.

"They're still busy I suppose. Why don't you go play with Happy for a moment and I'll tell you when they're done?" Her grandma answered patiently. She knew that the girl was lonely but yet, she wanted to teach patience to her at the same time.

"Promise me, grandma," Hayoung pouted, her eyes couldn't stop glancing out of the window.

"I promise," her grandma smiled and ruffled her hair. "Now go."

With that, Hayoung ran to her back yard to find her only friend in the house, which was a full-grown beagle.

So when her grandma finally called her and let her 'visited' the new neighbors, Hayoung was more than excited that she almost forgot to wear her shoes. She crossed the road to the new house while watching the big truck that slowly moving away. With the truck finally disappeared, it came to her eyes the presence of a boy, around her age, who was doing quite the same thing as her.

"Hi! My name is Hayoung. What's yours? I'm so excited to have a new neighbor and a new friend!" The 8 years old girl talked really fast and loud, couldn't hide the excitement in her voice at all.

The boy, fidgeted a bit, his head was busy looking around for something. "Uhh, nice to meet you. I have to go," he tried to find an excuse before scurried away.

But the girl was fast. She quickly grabbed his hand to stop him from going inside, because once he went inside, means losing a day of getting a chance to play with him. Hayoung was sure that she was the one who grabbed his hand, but in a matter of second, the cold skin suddenly brushed hers and held her wrist tighter.

That moment, she was sure she would get her first kiss if Sehun's mom didn't suddenly blurt inside the picture. But she was far from disappointment either as she had seen the most adorable eyes in the world. Those sparkling, full of curiosity brown eyes had captured all of her. And she realized, that moment, that Oh Sehun was something more than just a boy next door.

 

Even in his old days Sehun had realized that Oh Hayoung was one annoying girl. She was the one to blame for the callings he got in the primary school and right now, he swore he would throw anything throw-able if he heard "Sehun and Hayoung sitting under a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G," one more time.

There just seem no way he could escape from her and he hated the fact that he could not escape from her.

Sehun was glad when they were graduating junior high because the thought of he would be free from that girl, Oh Hayoung--because he would enter one of the prestigious school that he was sure Hayoung's family could not afford to enroll her in, was enough to raise his hope back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter