08

Her first love

(Next day at school)

“OHMYGOD! What exactly happened after you two rushed out of school yesterday?!” Baekhyun exclaimed when he saw the couple entering the classroom, hand in hand.

“Are you serious in maintaining this relationship? Will it end up like the ones during middle school?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yah! I’m serious this time! I’m never going to let jieun go this time round…” Jongin tightened his grip on her hand while he simply looks at her and smiles.

“This time round? You two really knew each other from before?” Chanyeol asked.

 

The couple then shared their story with them.

From how Jongin got to know Jieun’s crush on him to the wrongly understood situation at the party. Everything was shared with them.

 

“Ha! I knew it! Jongin had liked Jieunnie all along!” Suzy can’t help to feel happy for her best friend.

She had heard enough of Jieun’s longing for him and is glad that they eventually ended up together although it was 4 years late.

“Aha! So my instinct was correct!” Chanyeol said.

“I still can’t believe that Kim Jongin is finally settling down in a relationship. He used to go around flirting with all the girls around the school.” Suho said.

“Is he gonna tell us that he flirts around because he wants to forget Jieun?”Sehun said.

“Aish, that’s all in the past already. I’m just glad that he’s going to take a relationship seriously now!” Suho said and everyone cheered for the couple.

 

 

 

 

“Omma! I’m home!” Jongin shouted out as he stepped in the door.

“Omma, I have something to t-“ Jongin was going to tell his mother about jieun when he saw guests at the living room.

“Oh, Jongin-ah, come over here!” Mrs Kim gestured for him to go over.

“Come, let me introduce. This is Mrs Son and her daughter Naeun.” Mrs Kim introduced.

“Annyeonghaseyo Jongin-ssi. Naeun imnida.” Naeun introduced herself.

“Neh, annyeonghaseyo.” Jongin bowed down.

“Jongin-ah, Mrs Son and Naeun just came back from the States and her daughter would be transferring to your school! Take good care of her alright?” Mrs Kim said.

“Neh.” Jongin returned to his room.

 

‘Aish, why a new girl now? Is mum planning something?’ Jongin lied down on his bed and thought.

After an hour or so, Mrs Kim entered his room.

“Oh, Omma.” Jongin sat on his bed.

“So, how do you think of Naeun?” his mother asked.

“She’s seems kind? Quite pretty too.” Jongin commented.

“How about making her your girlfriend?” his mother smirked.

“Bwoh?! Girlfriend?!” Jongin exclaimed.

“Wae? You said she was pretty right? I had enough of you flirting with girls in your school and it should be time for you to settle down! Naeun is the perfect girl for you!” Mrs Kim said.

“B-but!” Jongin was stopped by his mother.

“No buts! Take good care of her. Arrasso?” his mother stepped out of the room.

‘Arghh! Ottokhae?! I just got together with jieun and now? Why must mum push naeun to me?! Jieunnie…’ Jongin thought.

 

 

Next day at school…

Jieun and Jongin got to school hand in hand again.

“Jieun-ah! Ppali! Come over here!” Suzy was with the boys and called out for Jieun.

“Bwoh?” Jieun walked over with Jongin.

“I heard a new girl is transferring here today!” Chanyeol seems excited.

“And and, our class is the only class with vacancy so most probably she will be transferring to our class!” Baekhyun said.

‘Could it be Naeun?’ Jongin thought.

“I hope she’s really pretty! Our class really needs some pretty girls!” Chanyeol said.

“Yah! How can you say that when someone so beautiful is standing right in front of you already!” Suzy said.

“Where? I don’t see any?” Chanyeol pretend to be looking around the classroom.

“Yah!” Suzy hits Chanyeol on his head.

“I think they are going to be the next couple.” Jongin whispered to Jieun.

 

 

“Ok class, get back to your seats now!” Mr Park, their teacher, stepped into the class.

“We are having a new transfer student in our from today onwards, please look after her ok?” Mr Park waited for a response.

“Neh!” The whole class answered.

“Naeun-ssi, please come in…” As Mr Park said that, the door of the class opened and a beautiful lady entered.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Son Naeun imnida. Nice to meet all of you!” Naeun then bowed down.

“Neh naeun-ssi, please take a seat at that empty seat.”

As Naeun walked to her seat, all the guys had their eyes on her.

Observing her from head to bottom, admiring her beauty.

“Guys, don’t let naeun know that jieun is my girlfriend.” Jongin whispered to the guys.

“Wae? You already have jieun and now you want to get naeun too?!” Baekhyun pretends to be shocked.

“I-I will explain to you later, please just help me for now.” Jongin said.

“Neh neh neh. Just make sure you don’t do anything to hurt jieun!” Kyungsoo threatened.

 

To: Jieunnie

Jieun-ah,  please don’t let Naeun find out our relationship. I’ll explain to you later. Oh, inform Suzy too.

 

 

Lessons were boring as usual and as soon as breaktime arrived, Jongin pulled his gang, Jieun and Suzy to the canteen.

“What’s the rush Kai?” Chanyeol said while panting.

“I gotta explain the situation to you guys before Naeun comes.” Jongin said.

“Naeun? The new girl? You know her?” Sehun asked.

“Naeun is my mother’s friend’s daughter. My mum deliberately ‘sent’ her here to be my girlfriend. She wanted me to settle down in a relationship.” Jongin quickly explained.

“But you have jieun! Didn’t you tell your mother about her?” Suho said.

“I wanted to tell her yesterday when I got home! But when I was home, omma was all excited introducing Naeun to me and I didn’t have a chance!” Jongin said.

“Why not you just tell Naeun that you have a girlfriend already?” Baekhyun asked.

“I can’t! She will most probably tell my mum! Mum may think I’m lying about jieun as it’s too sudden. She may see jieun as an excuse that I came up with to reject naeun!” jongin further explains.

“Hmmm, I get your point..” Suho said.

“So jieun?” Jongin looked at her.

“I’ll believe in you.” Jieun smiled at Jongin sweetly.

“Gomawo jieun-ah. I’’ll make sure to settle naeun quickly so I can introduce you to my mother.” Jongin held onto jieun’s hands tightly.

 

“Oh? Jongin oppa!” Naeun called out for him.

She ran to him and quickly links their arms together while jongin let go of jieun’s hand.

“Why are you behaving like this?” Jongin tried to get rid of her.

“Wae? Oppa don’t remember me? I’m naeun! The girl you used to play with!” Naeun said.

“Naeun?” Jongin started to think…

“Oh! You’re that girl that used to stick to me wherever I went!” Jongin finally remembered.

“I was so sad yesterday when you didn’t recognize me…” Naeun pretended to be sad.

“Mian, it has been years since I’ve seen you right.” Kai successfully got rid of her arm.

“Oppa, mind to introduce your friends?” Naeun asked.

“Oh. This is Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho, Kyungsoo, Suzy and Jieun.” Jongin introduced them to her.

“Annyeonghaseyo everyone!” Naeun greeted.

“Now, can you tell me why you came back? And why did omma arrange you to transfer to my school?” even though jongin knew that his mother got her here to be her girlfriend, he wants to hear naeun’s reason for that.

“I’m back for you!” Naeun said.

“F-For me?!” Jongin was shocked.

“Don’t tell me you forgot that too? You said you will marry me when we grow up!” Naeun said.

 

Flashback~

“Naeun-ah, don’t cry!” Jongin is comforting Naeun who tripped and fell down.

“It’s painful!” Naeun continued crying.

“Don’t cry, oppa is here to protect you!” Jongin said.

“P-protect m-me?” Naeun stopped crying.

“Neh, I will protect naeun!” Jongin assured her.

“B-But you’re not my real oppa! What if you leave me one day?” Naeun asked.

Jongin reached for his pocket and took out a ring shape gummy.

“We’ll be together forever!” Jongin slipped the gummy onto her finger.

 

(back to now)

 

‘Aish, that ring…’ Jongin finally recalled.

“Oppa, you remember it now?” Naeun asked.

“That gummy ring…” Jongin mumbled.

“Kai? You really promised to marry her?” Chanyeol asked.

“How can you take a 4-year-old’s words seriously?!” Jongin said.

Jongin turned and looked at jieun only to see her sad expression.

“Molla, I only know I’m here for you!” Naeun linked her arms with Jongin again.

 

 

 

 

 


Happy Valentines Day everyone! Kekeke